Bumblefoot the musician ..

LA_0013

Richard should take the Lead and Bumblefoot should either take the rythm or just come back to his solo career. I don't understand why Richard isn't on Lead while he is the absolute best guitar player in this band.

If Richard Fortus were on Lead, he would be recognized as the guitar héro of his generation. I've said it since day one. He is the Master.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion Bumblefoot's actual playing is more interesting to listen to but BOTH Buckethead and Bumblefoot don't grab me nearly the same as Joe Satriani or John Petrucci's music.Bumblefoot is a cleaner player than Buckethead and is more versatile in his improvisation.

If Richard Fortus were on Lead, he would be recognized as the guitar héro of his generation. I've said it since day one. He is the Master.
What do you base this information on? Please enlighten the community. I have a better music resume than this guy, and I dont even play guitar. He's done NOTHING to warrant this guitar hero bullshit. All he does is cover someone else's material, whether its AFD,Lies, UYI, TSI, or CD material that he plays.

Richard should take the Lead and Bumblefoot should either take the rythm or just come back to his solo career. I don't understand why Richard isn't on Lead while he is the absolute best guitar player in this band.

...and you've been wrong from day one.

As of yet, Richard is a good live player, that's it. Fuck all else. He hasn't created any music of note or critical acclaim. He may do in future yes, but as of yet NOTHING .

BBF is not only technically EONS ahead of Fortus but he has also, unlike Fortus, created a body of solo work that has gained him respect and admiration amongst his peers.

That's it, that's as far as the argument goes. You can have your opinion on this of course, but looking at the facts what you're saying is utter nonsense.

I'd like to know what your reply to that is.... if you have one that is an actually piece of logical reasoning and not just a baseless opinion again as always.

Edited by PurpleHaze

Most us who are complaining about Ron have been to shows. I thought Ron blew opening night at Hammerstein, but I decided to give him another shot. When I saw him in Everett, I realized how much I hate his playing. His non melodic shredding killed Nightrain and Better for me. The guy just randomly shreds shit to show off, but the shit he plays doesn't fit the songs at all, thus ruining the songs. I'll be choked if this guy is still around when Chinese Democracy comes out.

Most us who are complaining about Ron have been to shows. I thought Ron blew opening night at Hammerstein, but I decided to give him another shot. When I saw him in Everett, I realized how much I hate his playing. His non melodic shredding killed Nightrain and Better for me. The guy just randomly shreds shit to show off, but the shit he plays doesn't fit the songs at all, thus ruining the songs. I'll be choked if this guy is still around when Chinese Democracy comes out.

Would you say you prefer Bucket over him or do you hate anybody who can shred?

Bucket was cool, but weird and didn't look right in the band although he had mad skills on the guitar. Ron looks more fitting in the band, although not as awesome as bucket, he has great guitar dexterity and he's very social and interactive with the fans which is a huge plus! Had the oppurtunity and privelege of meeting him 3 times and I feel he's a great addition to this band. Rock the Fuck On!!!! rock3 rock1

Edited by J. Rose

I prefer Bucket as well. He had the speed and the melody. I also enjoy Bumble greatly but feel sometimes he needs to slow it down a bit and find a tune that fits more with the song. However Bucket would occasionally do the same thing. Buckethead is my favorite guitarist of all time but when he does that stupid "robot tapping" as some have called it, I want to puke. If you're wondering what I'm talking about listen to the Rhiad solo. On the other hand, Bucket gave me the TWAT solo, which is my one of my all time favorites.

ohyesindeed - That's incredibly ignorant and small minded if you ask me, completely neglecting two handed legato techniques and sweeping just because you think it's not fashionable or cool is pathetic.

Many people use those techniques tastelessly, yes, but to rule out the use of them all together is fucking retarded. It restricts you as a musician and that's when you cross the border into being in it for the fame, image and money and not your art. Essentially, it puts you on the same level as Paris Hilton and Kevin Federline.

Oh yeah, I didn't criticize your taste. I assumed you hadn't heard Bucket's solo material as branding those albums "guitar wankery" is not just a stupid opinion, it's factually incorrect.

if i say it's wanking, it's wanking. may not be wanking to you, but my opinion is the only one that matters to me. "two handed legato technique"....it even sounds like your jacking off. and don't fucking tell me about image and fame. i've been slaving in clubs for over 10 years, playing guitar for 15, and i ain't ever gotten anything other personal satisfaction out of it, and that's all i need...so blow yourself.

As of yet, Richard is a good live player, that's it. Fuck all else. He hasn't created any music of note or critical acclaim. He may do in future yes, but as of yet NOTHING .

BBF is not only technically EONS ahead of Fortus but he has also, unlike Fortus, created a body of solo work that has gained him respect and admiration amongst his peers.

That's it, that's as far as the argument goes. You can have your opinion on this of course, but looking at the facts what you're saying is utter nonsense.

I'd like to know what your reply to that is.... if you have one that is an actually piece of logical reasoning and not just a baseless opinion again as always.

see, now you are proving your ignorance.

fortus was in the fucking PSYCHEDELIC FURS. you probably have never heard them. he was also in love spit love, and has a pretty good writing/producing/session racket on the side......and he is the absolute best guitarist in the band, period. watch that vid on finck's website....his tone, his technique, everything is tasteful....he's fucking amazing.

you probably learned how to play guitar from an instruction video, fanboy.....

Edited by ohyesindeed

I prefer Bucket as well. He had the speed and the melody. I also enjoy Bumble greatly but feel sometimes he needs to slow it down a bit and find a tune that fits more with the song. However Bucket would occasionally do the same thing. Buckethead is my favorite guitarist of all time but when he does that stupid "robot tapping" as some have called it, I want to puke. If you're wondering what I'm talking about listen to the Rhiad solo. On the other hand, Bucket gave me the TWAT solo, which is my one of my all time favorites.

8 finger chromatic tapping?

I like it when used appropriately. Bucket invented it, nobody else can touch him at it and it's arguably the most difficult electric guitar technique known to man. Certainly it can sound very unmelodious and just bleugh when used wrong but in the right setting it can give an interesting completely unique sound.

wanna talk about guitar players.Im watchn a double DVD right now of Eric Claptons Crossroads Guitar Festival, from 2004. Eric Clapton, BB King, Robaert Cray and Jimmie Vaughn(onstage at the same time !!)plus EC and Carlos Santana, ZZ top, and a bunch of other bad motherfuckers rock3 Its a 4 day guitar festival in Dalles Tx. Fuckn Sick...im talkn about them takn turns makin that motherfucker cry and then rippn its fuckn head off rock1 Bucketwho?

wanna talk about guitar players.Im watchn a double DVD right now of Eric Claptons Crossroads Guitar Festival, from 2004. Eric Clapton, BB King, Robaert Cray and Jimmie Vaughn(onstage at the same time !!)plus EC and Carlos Santana, ZZ top, and a bunch of other bad motherfuckers rock3 Its a 4 day guitar festival in Dalles Tx. Fuckn Sick...im talkn about them takn turns makin that motherfucker cry and then rippn its fuckn head off rock1 Bucketwho?

hey!

i was at that! those fuckers know whats up on the guitar! my first concert was bb king, srv, and jimmie v. came on at the end. i knew i would end up a guitar player!

ohyesindeed - That's incredibly ignorant and small minded if you ask me, completely neglecting two handed legato techniques and sweeping just because you think it's not fashionable or cool is pathetic.

Many people use those techniques tastelessly, yes, but to rule out the use of them all together is fucking retarded. It restricts you as a musician and that's when you cross the border into being in it for the fame, image and money and not your art. Essentially, it puts you on the same level as Paris Hilton and Kevin Federline.

Oh yeah, I didn't criticize your taste. I assumed you hadn't heard Bucket's solo material as branding those albums "guitar wankery" is not just a stupid opinion, it's factually incorrect.

if i say it's wanking, it's wanking. may not be wanking to you, but my opinion is the only one that matters to me. "two handed legato technique"....it even sounds like your jacking off. and don't fucking tell me about image and fame. i've been slaving in clubs for over 10 years, playing guitar for 15, and i ain't ever gotten anything other personal satisfaction out of it, and that's all i need...so blow yourself.

fortus was in the fucking PSYCHEDELIC FURS. you probably have never heard them. he was also in love spit love, and has a pretty good writing/producing/session racket on the side......and he is the absolute best guitarist in the band, period. watch that vid on finck's website....his tone, his technique, everything is tasteful....he's fucking amazing.

you probably learned how to play guitar from an instruction video, fanboy.....

Well said rock2

So essentially, my opinion is my opinion and that makes you wrong? Please back it up with facts please. You could have played for a 1000 years but if you think that anybody who plays with tapping and sweeping is shit you're a an idiot plain and simple.

Yeah sure... tell Eddie Van Halen, Randy Rhoads, Joe Satriani and Steve Vai they're all shit. They're legends that smoke you spinning on their cock you fucking small minded little insignificant piss ant.

Do. Not. Patronise. Me. I'm aware of Fortus' background. Yes, Fortus is an amazing guitar player I agree, I never said he wasn't but even though I share this view with you, this is not about opinions... you cannot compare the achievements of Fortus and his playing ability to Ron's. Ron is one of the most technically gifted guitarists on earth, has ears like a bat and his music has gained him comparisons to musical colossi like Frank fucking Zappa.

So yeah, before you go on a patronising, insulting offensive... think before you speak. Now go nurse your ego you little burger nipple.

Edited by PurpleHaze

hey!

i was at that! those fuckers know whats up on the guitar! my first concert was bb king, srv, and jimmie v. came on at the end. i knew i would end up a guitar player!

I would have given my left nut.......

quote:

Yeah sure... tell Eddie Van Halen, Randy Rhoads, Joe Satriani and Steve Vai they're all shit. They're legends that smoke you spinning on their cock you fucking small minded little insignificant piss ant.

now THAT was funny !!!!

So essentially, my opinion is my opinion and that makes you wrong? Please back it up with facts please. You could have played for a 1000 years but if you think that anybody who plays with tapping and sweeping is shit you're a an idiot plain and simple.

Do. Not. Patronise. Me. I'm aware of Fortus' background. Yes, Fortus is an amazing guitar player I agree, I never said he wasn't but even though I share this view with you, this is not about opinions... you cannot compare the achievements of Fortus and his playing ability to Ron's. Ron is one of the most technically gifted guitarists on earth, has ears like a bat and his music has gained him comparisons to musical colossi like Frank fucking Zappa.

So yeah, before you go on a patronising, insulting offensive... think before you speak. Now go nurse your ego you little burger nipple.

there are no "facts". your opinion is your opinion, you ain't wrong. you're the one who called me wrong in earlier post......the fact is that, to me, i dont fucking care if bbf can play 1000 times as fast as he can, i think he sucks. that simple. sure he's a good technician with a good ear....i'll bring my car to him so he can fix it...

VH, vai, et al are all good at swinging their dicks around.

van halen I is a good record from a good band. see that word: "band". that is what it's about. the band. the people playing together and sounding good as a unit, not some fucking dickless shredder who's trying to hog attention. bbf''s tone (line 6. come one dude) is so offensive when he's playing chords, it makes the band sound bad. the fact he plays with zero attitude and a dumb ass grin makes it even worse. he's a clown.

just like buckethead.

just like vai.

and you said fortus was a "good live player".

Look what Bumble put on the table.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ-0X0kxPsA

He sounds Better tham Bucket Head on this song,kick ass fretteness work there Kudos for him. rock3

thats the best version i've heard guitarwise (rhythm parts in the verses) ever!

the new intro and the added bumble rhythm part make the song sound unbelievable

there are no "facts". your opinion is your opinion, you ain't wrong. you're the one who called me wrong in earlier post......the fact is that, to me, i dont fucking care if bbf can play 1000 times as fast as he can, i think he sucks. that simple. sure he's a good technician with a good ear....i'll bring my car to him so he can fix it...

VH, vai, et al are all good at swinging their dicks around.

van halen I is a good record from a good band. see that word: "band". that is what it's about. the band. the people playing together and sounding good as a unit, not some fucking dickless shredder who's trying to hog attention. bbf''s tone (line 6. come one dude) is so offensive when he's playing chords, it makes the band sound bad. the fact he plays with zero attitude and a dumb ass grin makes it even worse. he's a clown.

just like buckethead.

just like vai.

and you said fortus was a "good live player".

What I mean by facts is, try to justify your opinion. I'm not saying you're opinion is wrong but try to back it up with reason in order to change other people's opinions. It's called a debate.

You know your shit my friend, of that I have no doubt, I can tell by reading your posts... but so do I and we come from complete different ends of the spectrum opinion wise. Sparks will fly, it's inevitable but I respect your views.

For me, instrumental guitarists when tasteful are incredible because it's raw music, pure melody that's not embellished with crap. I love it and I can't accept that somebody can brand it all mindless crap. It isn't and you know it isn't. You don't have to like it, but an intelligent man would respect it.

But fairs fair and when it comes down to it we're all guitar and music lovers so I take back all the angry shit I said, that was uncalled for and you should too.

Cool?

Edited by PurpleHaze

8 finger chromatic tapping?

I like it when used appropriately. Bucket invented it, nobody else can touch him at it and it's arguably the most difficult electric guitar technique known to man. Certainly it can sound very unmelodious and just bleugh when used wrong but in the right setting it can give an interesting completely unique sound.

Is that what it's called? It seems like it would sound interesting as part of a rhythm section or background sound in a song, but as part of solos I can't stand it. Maybe I just haven't heard it "used right". Any suggestions?

Bucket only uses it in solos to show off really or to enhance the whole "rar I'm Buckethead and am weird and mysterious" aura. I heard he invented it to play a track Shawn Lane recorded by arranging impossible to play notes (or so he thought) by editing them together in the studio.

It's nothing more than a technical novelty really, although I like the idea of using it in the background for fills or odd sounds.

I don't mind it in a solo myself. Not in a Guns song though, hell no.. that's when it's not appropriate.

Don't take that as gospel though, the Shawn Lane thing might just be an apocryphal tale :P