Bumblefoot the musician ..

LA_0013

That's some of the funniest stuff I have ever read. Buckethead was NOT respected at all in this band. Yes, he is an amazing guitarist, but on stage he is merely a joke.

Do you honestly place that much value on image? Don't you think that's a little shallow? If during the Appetite years Slash had a giant ginger mop instead of a giant black one would you not like him as much? Because that's the type of logic you're using.

Dude, this is a rock band. It is ALL about image.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Apart from Axl, he is undoubtedly the best singer in this band. He's a fantastic back-up singer, and should be used more (check out his previous solo work to hear more)

2. November rain ending solo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWer-vHDGDA

3. He has worked very hard this year to create a stage presence worthy of a GNR guitarist.

4. Nightrain solo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzfABIMXpac

5. His communication with the fans

6. The fact that he replaced Buckethead

7. His 'Don't Cry' solo - amazing connection with the audience

Why do you appreciate BBF in this band?

That's some of the funniest stuff I have ever read. Buckethead was NOT respected at all in this band. Yes, he is an amazing guitarist, but on stage he is merely a joke.

Do you honestly place that much value on image? Don't you think that's a little shallow? If during the Appetite years Slash had a giant ginger mop instead of a giant black one would you not like him as much? Because that's the type of logic you're using.

Dude, this is a rock band. It is ALL about image.

Big GWAR fan, are you? Real rock bands are about the music. That's why GnR will always be better than fluff bands who only had image (google Poison for an example). What is hip when it comes to image changes too often to base anything off of it. It's the bands that didn't care about their image that were great bands. I again refer to the catchers gear with spandex and a kilt. Was that cool when Axl wore it? I don't think so, but people bought it because GnR was REAL. They didn't have to package themselves to be a great band. It's the same reason that, though I may get flamed for this, Zep will ALWAYS be better than the Stones, cuz Plant was so much more real than Jagger. It's why the Doors are cool at all, because Morrison was real. It's why people idolize Lennon more than McCartney (even before his untimely death). Do you think Slash was "portraying an image"???? I don't believe it for a second. I think he was going on stage, wailing on a guitar and being the only thing he knew how to be in those glorious years in GnR. Image is shit, music is everything. End of story.

image is important.

take buckethead, for example.

i already hate the way he sounds, but the way he looks makes it even dumber. now, if he looked cool, i would still hate what he plays.....but i wouldnt have the extra "bad image" ammo, dig?

just like bbf:

he sounds like a moron. he looks like a moron too. if he sounded cool and looked like a moron, i woudnt mind if i was listening to it. but, i would still laugh at his moron looking, cool sounding ass when i went to the show.

thus, it is important to sound and look cool.

in bucket and bbf's case, i doubt anything could save them. i mean, if you look that dumb with a bucket and mask on your head, you must look reeeeeallly dumb just being yourself.....

and i'm sorry, you can't be fuckin wearin a fuckin dumb ass snow cap with holes in it to let your clumpy hair out, with limp bizkit pants to boot, and fool us 3 months later with your new "classic rock" look. bbf has got to be the dumbest looking guitar player in history, and i say that with all credence to bucket, steve vai, yngwie malmsteen, and whoever that douche from extreme was.....

image is important.

i already hate the way he sounds, but the way he looks makes it even dumber. now, if he looked cool, i would still hate what he plays.....but i wouldnt have the extra "bad image" ammo, dig?

just like bbf:

he sounds like a moron. he looks like a moron too. if he sounded cool and looked like a moron, i woudnt mind if i was listening to it. but, i would still laugh at his moron looking, cool sounding ass when i went to the show.

in bucket and bbf's case, i doubt anything could save them. i mean, if you look that dumb with a bucket and mask on your head, you must look reeeeeallly dumb just being yourself.....

and i'm sorry, you can't be fuckin wearin a fuckin dumb ass snow cap with holes in it to let your clumpy hair out, with limp bizkit pants to boot, and fool us 3 months later with your new "classic rock" look. bbf has got to be the dumbest looking guitar player in history, and i say that with all credence to bucket, steve vai, yngwie malmsteen, and whoever that douche from extreme was.....

First of all, you're young aren't you?

Secondly, you've got big posters of Slash all across your bedroom wall, all topless and sweaty, looking very sexy and cool, don't you?

:kiss:

And I'll bet you have a top of the line video game console.

I've had an Xbox360 for a few months.......Your point is? Any other asumptions you'd like to make leading on from this revelation?

I take it the Slash posters comment was relevant to yourself aswell.... Grow up eh?

New Rules for this forum.

1) No more saying Slash sucks. The man clearly doesn't suck, he played on the some of the greatest songs ever written.

2) No more saying Axl sucks.

Kurt Cobain said it best.

(At the MTV Live and Loud Concert)

Fan: MTV SUCKS!

Kurt: ...then why are you here?

On topic...

BBF has a unique look. You can say "he looks stupid" about pretty much anyone, Axl and Slash included. 2002 Axl was def. not the epitome of coolness, and even in 1993, his style def. has not stood the test of time. My idiot friends laughed at the show I was watching (Tokyo DVDs) because of the shots of him in the white spandex shorts and nothing else. You can argue that Slash looks stupid because he wears a fucking top hat and dresses like a Hells Angels reject.

I think he looks cool. But I can see why people say he looks dumb.

BBF--yeah, I can see why people say he looks dumb. I think he looks cool.

Plus, the man is a cool dude--who else would've played a sing along "Mr. Grinch" in their guitar solo? I submit that there is no one.

Buckethead--what a divisive issue. But I think you're all missing the point.

It doesn't matter what he looks like. He has a unique look too. Rock and roll bands were always about misfits getting together and doing whatever the fuck they wanted. Dee Snider dresses like a creepy, ugly transvestite. Gene Simmons wears the makeup. Buckethead has...well, the bucket.

As for Ron--I don't understand the people who don't like shredding. It's more difficult than note picking solos like Slash's--and I'm sorry, but Slash was the last gasp of a by-gone era. With EVH's "Eruption"--that was it for the Slashs, Tony Iommis, and Jimmy Pages of the world. The refusal of guitarists to use the techniques that Van Halen created are just indicative of a regressive, flawed mindset set in the past. If you choose not to like that, then that's your style. But if you don't like shredding and hten try to say that it "sucks", then you're a fool. At least appreciate the talent that the technique takes.

Ok, short and sweet topic.

I've waited to the end of the tour before casting my opinion, but Bumblefoot......I'm just not a fan. Don't get me wrong, I've tried, and I know the guy is an amazing musician - but nothing he has contributed has blown me away (with the exception of Don't Cry)and his presence on the live shows is total overkill.

One thing this tour has certianly cemented is just how good the combo of Finck and Forus are, amazing team and super stage presence (my opinion of Finck has shot straight up after hearing him live, the 'sloppy' criticism's are seriously unwarranted when you hear the guy in front of you - he brings something pretty unique to GNR). But Bumble, ....I dunno.....

Maybe Axl and Bumble will prove me wrong when the album comes out, but I doub't it.

It's not even the fact there are 3 guitarists, it's just sometimes his playing really blows..... His playing sounds imprecise, rushed, and really OTT (at least he's good for a showboat - we've all seen his cabaret 'right hand up the neck' trick. Oh, and at least he's a nice guy). I'm not against virtuoso guitarists, far from it, but at least Bucket hit us with some memorable solos and was remotely melodic. Bumble's style is just pure guitar wank........ JMO

LA

I disagree - strongly.

I think Axl's decision to bring Ron onboard was the smartest move he's made in years - both musically and from a PR perspective. I think Ron is talented and versatile as a guitarist, has good stage presence (which he didn't have when he first joined the band), and offers a great connection between the band and fans from a PR perspective. jmo.

I agree, bringing him onboard is the best thing AXL could have done. He is truly a nice guy that is good with the fans, signs autographs, and even answers email. The guy is talented and not a head case like Buckethead. Look closer you might see see why it is a good thing he is here.

Thanks,

Rainman rock3

Secondly, you've got big posters of Slash all across your bedroom wall, all topless and sweaty, looking very sexy and cool, don't you?

now that was good........i think he is talking to ALL of us(except maybe the sexy part lol), from one time or another(though ill never admit he was talking about me :) )

Edited by gnfnr2006

image is important.

just like bbf:

i'm in my 20s....so yeah i'm young.

i dont have any posters on my wall. i do have a framed picture of a dancing mexican couple that looks like it's 40 years old. i went to buy a frame at a thrift store, and it turned out i liked the picture in the frame better than the frame itself.....

and i'm sorry, folks:

looking like a badass is a big part of rock n roll. you think gnr would have sold record #1 if they were all wearing clown wigs and diapers in the "sweet child" video? or, if in the "jungle" vid, they were all carryting tiki torches, wearing grass skirts, and riding elephants? songs are most important yes, but image comes next. it is important to look fucking cool while you are playing....fortus has got it down. so does axl. finck looks kinda dumb, but okay. stinson: cool.

bbf: so fucking uncool it is bringing down the entire stage show. he's a fucking tool. he plays like a tool, acts like a tool, sings like a tool......

and that solo "band" of his? i would rather listen to slash's snakepit forever than hear 1 second of that bullshit....

meet Bumblefoot and you WILL love him, he's so friendly i got his autograph ,s'on my wall behind this very pc

and meeting him , nailed it for me.

I could give a fuck about meeting Bumble. All I care about is how he sounds live. When I pay a $100 Canadian to go see GnR I want to be blown away by the guitar playing, and Ron just doesn't do it for me. I would rather meet Pitman than Ron, as Chris helped out with the creation of Chinese Democracy. Ron is just a glorified Gilby Clarke in my opinion. Don't you guys care about the music? If all you care about is how nice the musicians are you should be listening to Coldplay or some shit like that. Do you think Axl fucking Rose is a nice guy?

Edited by Randy Lahey

meet Bumblefoot and you WILL love him, he's so friendly i got his autograph ,s'on my wall behind this very pc

and meeting him , nailed it for me.

I could give a fuck about meeting Bumble. All I care about is how he sounds live. When I pay a $100 Canadian to go see GnR I want to be blown away by the guitar playing, and Ron just doesn't do it for me. I would rather meet Pitman than Ron, as Chris helped out with the creation of Chinese Democracy. Ron is just a glorified Gilby Clarke in my opinion. Don't you guys care about the music? If all you care about is how nice the musicians are you should be listening to Coldplay or some shit like that. Do you think Axl fucking Rose is a nice guy?

Well theirs too many you of people like you around im afriad

"blown away"? yesh im sure we all have been by all of the members preformance

i do care about the music, its my life to be honest

I care about how good the music sounds, in new GNR's case Amazing. i dont care

wether the solo is Stupidly hard to do, or impressive. becuz since when did that mean it sounds good in the song?

you should go liston to Dragonforce, its so fast, but of course!!!! that means its awsome!!! :shocked:

How the fuck does Ron not look cool? If this is what you are basing on why you like him...show me a picture where he looks more of an idiot than a guy who wears a garbage bag as a vest.

and i'm sorry, you can't be fuckin wearin a fuckin dumb ass snow cap with holes in it to let your clumpy hair out, with limp bizkit pants to boot, and fool us 3 months later with your new "classic rock" look. bbf has got to

Oh yeah and what do you think Finck did these last few years? I remember him looking like a freaky goth...and now he suddenly has long hair and a beard, and now everyone is hailing him some sort of guitar god? He changed his look....just to fool us?

Fair enough if any of you just don't like shredding or anything like that, but to say it sucks without any reasoning behind that? That's just stupid.

Surely you recognize the talent it takes to do that stuff? If you don't then you are just a douche.

And just to be clear, Axl looks pretty stupid now too. It's pretty obvious that he isn't wearing what he wants. Someone dresses him.

you should go liston to Dragonforce, its so fast, but of course!!!! that means its awsome!!! :shocked:

And DragonForce are awesome. What's your point? Not just because they can play fast ;)

Just because it's fast doesn't mean it sucks :rolleyes:

How the fuck does Ron not look cool? If this is what you are basing on why you like him...show me a picture where he looks more of an idiot than a guy who wears a garbage bag as a vest.

and i'm sorry, you can't be fuckin wearin a fuckin dumb ass snow cap with holes in it to let your clumpy hair out, with limp bizkit pants to boot, and fool us 3 months later with your new "classic rock" look. bbf has got to

Oh yeah and what do you think Finck did these last few years? I remember him looking like a freaky goth...and now he suddenly has long hair and a beard, and now everyone is hailing him some sort of guitar god? He changed his look....just to fool us?

Fair enough if any of you just don't like shredding or anything like that, but to say it sucks without any reasoning behind that? That's just stupid.

Surely you recognize the talent it takes to do that stuff? If you don't then you are just a douche.

And just to be clear, Axl looks pretty stupid now too. It's pretty obvious that he isn't wearing what he wants. Someone dresses him.

And DragonForce are awesome. What's your point? Not just because they can play fast ;)

Just because it's fast doesn't mean it sucks :rolleyes:

Of course not. i understand. y'know what im saying though rite? i wasent paticularly bitching about them, just helped me be a sarky git!, no offence peeps!

and back to the BBF issue, i just like to take note of everything the certain member dose befor juging them .

I really don't want to hear his second rate interpretations of Buckets solos. I have a feeling that Axl's been picking up rare action figures to lure Bucket back. I think Bucket and Brain had no interest in taking part in another sham tour, so they sat out round 2 of the "Chinese Democracy tour". If Axl is going to tour with an album out next year I think Bucket and Brain will be back. Bumblefoot is a guaranteed flop with the general public, but Bucket has a chance to be a real star, and Axl knows this.

I agree 100% ...no one can fill Slashs boots but Bucket could fill them in a different way, not only in ability but in presence....he was a genius move by Axl. BBF was most likely the cantidate because his style of playing is somewhat similar to Bucket and would be able to pull off the parts....he just doesn't fit at all in vibe thou....guy is an amazing player of course but just the wrong puzzle piece

I'll be very suprised if BBF lasts, Bucket & Axl was my last interest in the new band

Finck just need to go ....everyone goes on about his 'goth to wanna be bluesman' transformation and on how he is improving but come on already...the guy has been in the band longer then Slash was!?!?

Slash was maybe 22-24? when Appetite came out...BAM he was that good at that time

Fincks been around for how many years and he still can't play solos without butchering them ...they have had YEARS of sitting around to get this stuff down

If Axl keeps up the trainwreck appeal VR will be laughing all the way to the bank ....there are no stars other then Axl in the new band....

[nIf Axl keeps up the trainwreck appeal VR will be laughing all the way to the bank ....there are no stars other then Axl in the new band....

yeah prolly this bumble guy i mean he´s like a typical american:

he´s got a JOB

and we gotta (we´re supposed to) give him PROBS.

He looks so silly with his "new" hair. It´s like: "Why `d ya get this done, bumble!?"

(He´d go like):" for my job. I´m a hired gun doin´ my JOB (Had a hard time livin´ off of food stamps). At least you gotta give me PROBS for my shredding, tapping whatsoever. I got a JOB. You don´t. You gotta give me PROBS (I did some ass kiss towards the fans though still i didn´t give em no valueable information concerning the release of CD, i´m a hired gun, give me PROBS"

that´s what bumble would prolly sound like.

"sorry" (remember!BAZ!said ´this is anoher CD song...)

I agree 100% ...no one can fill Slashs boots but Bucket could fill them in a different way, not only in ability but in presence....he was a genius move by Axl. BBF was most likely the cantidate because his style of playing is somewhat similar to Bucket and would be able to pull off the parts....he just doesn't fit at all in vibe thou....guy is an amazing player of course but just the wrong puzzle piece ...

Surely, you're kidding.

Can you honestly say - without laughing out loud - that Buckethead - the guy with the yellow raincoat, Jason mask and bucket on his head that would hand out plastic toys at a rock show - "fits" in more than Ron? :monkey:

Bucket is a great guitarist - no doubt about it. But he never "fit" with GNR at all. He had no chemistry with the other band members at all onstage - and gave off a "circus" or "cartoon-like" vibe when he was onstage.

By contrast, Ron has great stage presence, a real rock vibe, and great chemistry with the other band members onstage. Each member feeds off the other - which is critical if individual musicians are to gel to become a "band." I think Ron is a great addition to the "puzzle." As I mentioned in an earlier post: He has the musical skills for the job and offers a great PR connection between the band and fans.