No you ain't losing your mind

You're just in the garden"

-The Garden

"An it's so easy to be social

It's so easy to be cool

Yeah it's easy to be hungry

When you ain't got shit to lose"

-Coma

This is one the reasons why I love the UYI albums so much. You don't see lyrics like this in AFD.

Edited by Filip

Best of the new songs:

And now you’re sleeping like an angel,

Never mind who you gave head.

If there’s something I can make of this,

Or anything at all…

It’d be the devil hates a loser,

And you thought you had it all.

-There Was A Time

"Immigrants and hooray for tolerance!s, they make no sence to me. they come to out country and think they'll do as they please. Like start some mini iran, or spread some fuckin disease"

Before Bashing, remember!

"Radical's and rasist's don't point your fingers at me, i'm a small town whiteboy, just trying to make it as me"

"Immigrants and hooray for tolerance!s, they make no sence to me. they come to out country and think they'll do as they please. Like start some mini iran, or spread some fuckin disease"

"Radical's and rasist's don't point your fingers at me, i'm a small town whiteboy, just trying to make it as me"

And for those who still have a problem with this song........and think that Axl was trying to cover his ass by giving reasons for writing this song....take a look on you tube for the Guns N Roses interviews. They are in six sements and part 2 or 3 start with Axl wearing his cop hat, back before Lies was released, and Axl mentions that there will be a song on Lies about the bus staion. Years later he tries to explain the song and the part about "hooray for tolerance!s and cops" or however it goes, and everyone thinks he is making it up and trying to cover his ass. But he clearly says, before Lies is out, that there will be a song about the bus station.

Here are the interviews, really cool to watch. You get to see the REAL GNR talk about life as GNR and before GNR rock3 And also Axl talking about jumping into the pit to kick security's ass for fuckn with his fans !! Thanks Axl !! Who says he doensnt give a fuck about us?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wfAsnLBHLgA part 1

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yk8poZhZGhw aprt 2

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fxGXHrJHGV4 part 3

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MisTOaSAkbY part 4

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CWdZqTd91Gg part 5

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xmKYb3y2efY part 6

Look at Axl teeth...before he had $$

Edited by gnfnr2006

I could be wrong, but I always thought it was "...trying to make ends meet"?

Some great quotes here - really shows the great songwriting ability Axl has unlike many "rock" bands.

coma got so many lines that put images in your head

They be down by the water while you watch em waving goodbye

they be callin in the morning they be hangin on the phone

they be waiting for an answer but you know nobodys home

and when the bell stops ringin it was nobodys fault but your own

I've been walking the streets at night

just trying to get it right

hard to see with so many around

you know I don't like being stuck in the crowd

and the streets dont change but baby the name (does he say baby or maybe) :/

I aint got time for the game

Cause I need you

Yeah Yeah well I need you

Oh I need you

Whoa I need you

this time

Edited by 3rd Wheel

You're right, it's "trying to make ends meet".

Btw, singing "radical's and racists" still don't make up for the stupidity of the line you for some reason chose as you favourite one. My family are imigrants in Sweden, and if you can't understand other cultures and sexualitites maybe you should change the lyrics to "ignorants and sexists make no sense to me" and look in the mirror while you sing it. It's pretty ironic when an american white boy sings it though, I'll give you that.

Axl explained it as the mood of one day and that he was aiming it at some particular persons and maybe that was true. And yes, Slash called him on the lyrics but I guess in the end he bought Axl's explanation. Good song though, but those parts of it are not good lyrically, just ignorant. You should be able to see a bigger picture when writing such stuff and formulate your frustration better.

I like the original lyrics... how true that has turned out to be. Sad, but indeed true.

As for Markus... it's "just trying to make ENDS meet." At least that's how I've heard it for the last 18 years. Ha.

My favorite lyrics, at least recently:

"I got a Molotov cocktail with a match to go..."

Btw, singing "radical's and racists" still don't make up for the stupidity of the line you for some reason chose as you favourite one. My family are imigrants in Sweden, and if you can't understand other cultures and sexualitites maybe you should change the lyrics to "ignorants and sexists make no sense to me" and look in the mirror while you sing it. It's pretty ironic when an american white boy sings it though, I'll give you that.

Axl explained it as the mood of one day and that he was aiming it at some particular persons and maybe that was true. And yes, Slash called him on the lyrics but I guess in the end he bought Axl's explanation. Good song though, but those parts of it are not good lyrically, just ignorant. You should be able to see a bigger picture when writing such stuff and formulate your frustration better.

What Axl was referring to when he spoke about imigrants was a time when he went in to a 7-11(gas station/mini mart) and the imigrants running the store ran him out becuase of how he looked. He was pissed about the fact that people come to this country and refuse to learn how to speak english. He wasnt talking about all immigrants, but the ones who come here and wont learn english and run off the people who ARE citizens of this counrty. We have a big problem in this country with people coming here, living off of tax payers money, opening businesses and not paying their taxes, then selling the business to another family member to keep from paying taxes, and then they look down on us Americans. Its easier for an immigrant to come here and get money from the US govt to start a business, or get food stamps, then it is for someone who was born here and pays taxes here. Immigrants are WELCOME is this country, but they need to remmeber they are now in AMERICA and need to act accordingly.

Unless you have been where he's been and seen what he's seen, you cannot understand where he is coming from.

And please dont misunderstand me- im not saying its ok to talk shit about all the people he mentioned, but you have to have experienced what he is talking about.

What Axl was referring to when he spoke about imigrants was a time when he went in to a 7-11(gas station/mini mart) and the imigrants running the store ran him out becuase of how he looked. He was pissed about the fact that people come to this country and refuse to learn how to speak english. He wasnt talking about all immigrants, but the ones who come here and wont learn english and run off the people who ARE citizens of this counrty. We have a big problem in this country with people coming here, living off of tax payers money, opening businesses and not paying their taxes, then selling the business to another family member to keep from paying taxes, and then they look down on us Americans. Its easier for an immigrant to come here and get money from the US govt to start a business, or get food stamps, then it is for someone who was born here and pays taxes here. Immigrants are WELCOME is this country, but they need to remmeber they are now in AMERICA and need to act accordingly.

Unless you have been where he's been and seen what he's seen, you cannot understand where he is coming from.

And please dont misunderstand me- im not saying its ok to talk shit about all the people he mentioned, but you have to have experienced what he is talking about.

So if they were citizens who ran him out it would've been OK? You see the problem I'm talking about when you try to save the lyrics with such things? I'm saying that with those lyrics Axl drew a line between GROUPS OF PEOPLE and that's stupid if he was referring to specific PERSONS. It's funny how people still think it's OK to group people in the catagory of immigrants like they all are the same and come from the same place. Axl had no way of knowing citizenship of the ones you claim him singing about and was using general terms just like any other racist would have done. I just think there are better ways to talk about the issues he claims he was aiming at when he later on explains the lyrics.

As for the part about "walking in his shoes" to understand him, maybe he should try walking in the minorities shoes before attacking them. What comes around goes around I guess.

Maybe we are hijacking the thread with this discussion and for that I appologize. (sorry)

Edited by Lukinx

If we're teaching morality here, that's still a wrong thing to say, even with what he experienced. However, I always took one in a million to be overblown. Like the main character in the song is "One in a Million", somehow special, and he can think all of these things and say all of these things, but not get in trouble because he's special. I always thought that Axl was poking fun at this mindset of people.

Axls words have offended alot of people. But thats one of the reasons why we love him. He says whats on his mind and doesnt give a fuck what anyone else thinks. Again, im not saying its ok to talk shit about GROUPS OF PEOPLE. And until you have been a minority, in a scary situation, and experienced what he is talking about , you just wont understand.