You'r Favourite GnR Song Quote?

War Of The Roses

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell you what....find me 10 people that have been convicted of terrorism who are also Muslim. 9 out of 10 are not caucasian, hispanic, naitve american, african, or african american. So, who does that leave? When it comes to racial profiling at airports, it is a MUST. How many terrorists can you find pics of(for proof) that are one of the ethnicities that I mentioned above?

I don't know and I don't think you do either. So let me ask you this: how many people do you think get hasseled though being completely innocent? How any people miss their flights for having a certain look? How many people get treated bad and embarrased without doing anything wrong? How many times has this racial profiling led to anything good versus anything bad? Use logic when thinking about these hypothetical questions. Terrorism is insane and no one can really grasp it but the fact of the matter is that the terrorists are a majority and everytime we let them take away bits of freedom by enforcing laws that hit the innocent people the hardest they have won a piece of the battle.

So what do you really base your support for racial profiling on? Your skin?

Or tell you what, come to the city to a crimescene of a murder. And at a good number of murders in major US cities, you will find that they are gang related. So the victim is black, or hispanic or whatever and they are wearing alot of a certain color. Do you think it was someone of a different nationality that killed the gang member, and you should check all the white, asians, and blackd around, or do you think that someone of their own race did it? It dont really care what your answer is, becuase the facts are the facts. All you have to do is look at the statistics, they dont lie.

The fact is that statistics do lie. Ask anyone who works with them on a daily basis. You can prove and disprove anything you want witht he right statistics (without really proving or disproving anything at all). At a crimescene of course you question the people who are nearby, the people in the neighborhood, relatives, friends of the victim etc. There is a code to follow.

Lukinx, what are you smoking, and where can I get some?

Please stop wasting your time and stop.

Ill stop since this is not the place for this, but I'LL decide if I am wasting my time, k? :fuckyou:

I think he was being sarcastic... we're fighting a losing battle.

Please stop wasting your time and stop.

Ill stop since this is not the place for this, but I'LL decide if I am wasting my time, k? :fuckyou:

No, you are wasting your time...and your wasting space. Nobody else cares about your views and this isn't the right place. So yes, you are wasting your time.

I've been walking the streets at night

just trying to get it right

hard to see with so many around

you know I don't like being stuck in the crowd

and the streets dont change but baby the name (does he say baby or maybe) :/

I aint got time for the game

Cause I need you

Yeah Yeah well I need you

Oh I need you

Whoa I need you

this time

I don't think I saw anyone respond, but I have always understood and heard it as MAYBE

I hate that so many people love that song, but those end lyrics are fuckn awesome. I can really relate to them....

I always considered Patience to be their best song. The last stanza might be the greatest ending lyrically to any song ever...even Stairway

I've been walking the streets at night

just trying to get it right

hard to see with so many around

you know I don't like being stuck in the crowd

and the streets dont change but baby the name (does he say baby or maybe) :/

I aint got time for the game

Cause I need you

Yeah Yeah well I need you

Oh I need you

Whoa I need you

this time

I don't think I saw anyone respond, but I have always understood and heard it as MAYBE

That could have been a song with a second part, like Estranged and NR. Maybe Cd will fill that void :)

I hate that so many people love that song, but those end lyrics are fuckn awesome. I can really relate to them....

I always considered Patience to be their best song. The last stanza might be the greatest ending lyrically to any song ever...even Stairway

That could have been the beginning or ending of the second half of that epic, like NR, Estranged and Coma.......wow......but I think CD will fill that void, and then some !!

Edited by gnfnr2006

Off the top of my head, I just love: "I see you standin' there, you think you're so cool, why don't you just, FUCK OFF!" That's just a classic line from a Guns classic. If I wanted to get more deep or whatever, I would probably go with: "So nobody ever told you baby how it was gonna be, So what'll happen to you baby, guess we'll have to wait and see."

"Immigrants and hooray for tolerance!s, they make no sence to me. they come to out country and think they'll do as they please. Like start some mini iran, or spread some fuckin disease"

Why? Do you agree with it? It's not even a well-written lyric.

:rolleyes:

"Immigrants and hooray for tolerance!s, they make no sence to me. they come to out country and think they'll do as they please. Like start some mini iran, or spread some fuckin disease"

Those lyrics, when taken literally, are nothing shy of racist and homophobic. But I really think Axl was writing that song in the point of view of a "small town white boy." Actually, I think the whole song was supposed to be written from that point of view (not necessarily of Axl himself, at least at the time he wrote the song), so I don't have a problem with him using that language as long as he is not speaking from his own heart and/or promoting prejudice. That song is pure lyrical genius; it can certainly be offensive if taken the wrong way, but I think it's just another example of Axl pushing the envelope.

"It's so easy" to be social

"It's so easy" to be cool

Yeah it's easy to be hungry

When you ain't got shit to lose

And I wish that I could help you

With what you hope to find

But I'm still out here waiting

Watching reruns of my life

When you reach the point of breaking

Know it's gonna take some time

To heal the broken memories

That another man would need

Just to survive

- Coma

Edited by OTHAFA

Those lyrics, when taken literally, are nothing shy of racist and homophobic. But I really think Axl was writing that song in the point of view of a "small town white boy." Actually, I think the whole song was supposed to be written from that point of view (not necessarily of Axl himself, at least at the time he wrote the song), so I don't have a problem with him using that language as long as he is not speaking from his own heart and/or promoting prejudice. That song is pure lyrical genius; it can certainly be offensive if taken the wrong way, but I think it's just another example of Axl pushing the envelope.

Yes, but was it necessary to write a song expressing the point of view of a racist small town white boy ?

What's the point ? :question:

Yes, but was it necessary to write a song expressing the point of view of a racist small town white boy ?

What's the point ? :question:

first of, Axl is not a racist.

whats the point? uhh, bbecayse he want to and he can?

adnan, what I like about those lyrics is thhe fact that Axl isnt afraid to speek his mind :)

He dident mean every black person or every homo.

But he couldent say "*name* down at seven eleven" or "that dude whp tryed to rape me when I was hitchiking!"