CD - the first single. **From 06 .. I knew it would be LOL

gnfnr2006

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't see this ever being released as a single. I don't feel it has a really good chorus/hook to pull people into it. I also think it's more of a 'grower' - which won't work for a single (or certianly not the 1st single).

But obviously that is my opinion.

I also feel that Better is the strongest song from the leaks. It def makes the most impact.

The radio edit would neuter the song as they would chop the initial build off the intro and beginning riff. Couple that with a lack of chorus to suck people in and it just doesn't make for the commercial success GNR needs out of the gate.

The first single should be something we haven't heard yet (definitely a rock song) that is a little more classic Guns sounding so as not to shock the general public off the bat. It would also behoove Axl to have that song be one where he actually sounds like himself. The most common remark I have seen outside of GNR boards about the recent leaks is that Axl's vocals and all the effects he uses on them are the weak links of the songs, not the music. That has even been echoed around here. We have alot to be optomistic about, hopefully the vocals on these aren't the final ones because other than that the music sounds great.

Chinese Democracy is honestly the best rock song I have heard in my life. I'm fucking speechless...I never liked the live versions a whole lot...I dismissed it as a filler when I first heard the RIR III version, but now...oh-my-fuckin-god. I N C R E D I B L E!

IMO if this album has material like this on it... 1. It was worth the wait 2. Better being the first single would be a mistake. (great song though).

Before I thought IRS should have been the first one...not anymore, my mind has changed.

A8R

definantly that intro is great all of them are incredable but I dont see how anything else could be the first single unless it is somthing we havent heard yet

For me it really has changed my mind. I used to think of Chinese Democracy as a cool song pre2006 but nothing as single material. After hearing it live in 2006 I was excited and said maybe it could be a single. After hearing the new leak I am amazed by this song. This song is the rock song this band needs on their record and I think it is really single material. I was blaring it today in my mustang and boy oh boy does this song sound good. I had a few people at stop lights ask me who was singing that song and they really liked it ;0

They will chop the CD intro up real bad with the radio edit were it to be a single. Without that it probably isn't the best choice.

The first single should be a classic Guns sounding rock song to slowly ween the general public onto the new sound. Axl needs to sound like Axl on the first single people hear from the band, because essentially the whole project will be judged on it. CD are not the best vocals he has ever done, given there is a Pittman noise every second word he says on the song.

I've always thought Chinese Democracy should be the first single and everyone always used to say it sucked, which I never understood. Boston '02 was killer, and I always knew it had great potential and after hearing '06 performances I thought they really built upon their strengths and fine-tuned the few weaknesses.

It's not pretentious and it's not too bloated - it's a killer little number with some vicious licks and a mainstream appeal.

I posted it on the Oink forums earlier and people responded with initial sarcasm, then a lot of them posted again after listening to the song and said how surprised they were. One guy who hates GN'R and teased me at first posted: "Not too bad... as far as generic rock goes." Which means a lot coming from a GN'R hater.

I always liked Chinese Democracy, I knew this would be an awsome studio song. Best rock song ever?... no, not even close, but definetly the strongest of the new songs. This needs to be the first single.

I've always thought Chinese Democracy should be the first single and everyone always used to say it sucked, which I never understood. Boston '02 was killer, and I always knew it had great potential and after hearing '06 performances I thought they really built upon their strengths and fine-tuned the few weaknesses.

It's not pretentious and it's not too bloated - it's a killer little number with some vicious licks and a mainstream appeal.

I posted it on the Oink forums earlier and people responded with initial sarcasm, then a lot of them posted again after listening to the song and said how surprised they were. One guy who hates GN'R and teased me at first posted: "Not too bad... as far as generic rock goes." Which means a lot coming from a GN'R hater.

Nice, that pretty much says it all mr. Reality.

A8R

Edited by Allen8R

CD would be a great lead single nice dramatic intro and it rocks like fuck.

to be honest I think Better IRS MAddy TWAT and CD are all strong..

Better or CD as first single... but I think if they ever get their finger out of their arse and release it the album will sell millions

Maybe CD is not good as a single but it should be the first in setlist.It is a great intro for album itself.

Yes!! That's what i was thinking, CD could be a great intro for the album..Damn Axl's scream at 1:24 is awesome! rock1

Unless they have another really impressive rocker to pull out the bag, I think CD will definitely open the album, Pittman's voodoo at the beginning and that scream makes it perfect for the job. :)

I don't think it'd be the first single, a radio edit would hack the intro off and ruin it. There's no way TWAT or The Blues will be the first single either, you wouldn't open a concert with them, let alone a long awaited return to music.

First single'll be Better I think.

No, this song must never be released as a single, this is a song that´s way to dark (see: metal) for a band as GN´R

And these kind of songs will never be huge hits nowadays even if it´s from GN´R

hmmmm. :confused: