CD - the first single. **From 06 .. I knew it would be LOL

gnfnr2006

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Better' is the best single ive heard so far on the record, as its got an awesome hook, has a unique yet mainstream sound and is basically the most accessable track, much more than CD which rocks but doesnt have a real hook. Then second would be prostitute which is a kick ass track and has some edge. I havent heard the latest leaks though.

'Better' is the best single ive heard so far on the record, as its got an awesome hook, has a unique yet mainstream sound and is basically the most accessable track, much more than CD which rocks but doesnt have a real hook. Then second would be prostitute which is a kick ass track and has some edge. I havent heard the latest leaks though.

There's some big ones in the latest bunch too (not that I've heard them or anything...:lol:)

I could see Sorry, Scraped or This I Love being singles as well....this album is amazing....you could easily argue for 10 of the songs to be released as singles - that's unbelieveable for an album nowadays.

Releasing Sorry or Scraped as the 2nd single would doom the album. Interesting songs, but it would be like if they'd released Breakdown or Locomotive as the 2nd single from Illusions instead of Dont Cry.

It's gotta be Better - something catchy.

Then come back with the required ballad. Personally, my preference would be:

CD

Better

TWAT

The Blues/Street of Dreams

Rhiad

Catcher or Prostitute or This I Love

Six singles is certainly enough.

I think a LOT of us have heard Blues, Better and Madagascar for SOOOOO MANY years now, that we've lost track a little of how amazing of songs they are. Imagine how you felt when you FIRST heart them - that's what it would be like for the rock masses. Think about it. The Blues was my favorite song in 2002 . . . we've been listening to it for seven years. The average music fan hasn't.

There's some big ones in the latest bunch too (not that I've heard them or anything...:lol:)

I could see Sorry, Scraped or This I Love being singles as well....this album is amazing....you could easily argue for 10 of the songs to be released as singles - that's unbelieveable for an album nowadays.

you simply don't get it, right? axl's image in the public is still or even more that of an arrogant asshole cause there isn't a slash, duff or izzy anymore who were the cool part of the band. they were holding the bridge between the arrogant frontmen and the fans...never forget that.

so whats my point?

most of the songs are average or poorly mixed like sod and catcher which were my favourites.

the most honest song is "this i love"...it is the only song on the album which shows the arrogant and egoistic axl as one of us....a guy who got hurt by a girl/love. its not overprduced, its simple and authentic. the rest of the songs is artificial stuff...

i really don't like the fact that newgnr will get all credits on "this i love" cause its a song from 1993 with slash...but if axl wants to catch the listeners: release "this i love" as fast as possible.

Edited by axlsch

What I said in this thread in 2006 was pretty much on the button, I do have to concede that I thought the one minute introduction wouldn't make the album, looks as though I was wrong.

I still think having a one minute introduction as the opening track on this album is a tad long, I do like the idea though of the album having cohesion on a loop from Prostitute's ending to Chinese Democracy's introduction as someone on these boards mentioned recently.

• 1 year later...

So, CD was the first singe... not the smash we had hoped though...

I guess now its the opener, which is a good place for it. I havent seen good video yet, but if the show is like it was in 06...Im smiling thinking about it.

How many people are still around from when this post started?

Does anyone know if they do in fact play the intro when the shows in Korea opened and then transitioned into the live guitars? Metallica did this when I saw them last year in Newark...the lights dimmed and the intro to "That Was Just Your Life" played to open the show while they took the stage in the dark, then they kicked in with the live music as soon as the lights went on. I'm guessing GNR did something similar with "Chinese Democracy" to open the shows?