You Could Be Mine

Son Of A Gun

Because "You Could Be Mine" is one of my favourites tracks, the live versions do seem "extra" disappointing to me, and do stand out like a sore thumb.

I never thought that new or old Gn'R ever nailed that song live, now i feel the song (live) seems bloated with too many layers, they need to strip the song down a bit in my opinion.

When I saw the band Live they NAILED that song, it was fantastic... exept Bumblefoot, he was terrible, terrible :no:

When the solo came, he just shredded like a pig, I swear it was horrible, he sounded like a machine, he was out of key, out of tune, out of rythm, just pure pointless shredd.

This guy is really the biggest desapointment of the year :confused:

Edited by rockstar81

Hey, who is Slash? Is he that guy who USED to be on GNR and now has ABSOFUCKINLUTELY nothing to do with the new band? You mean that Slash? Who cares? Damn, you still have a rotary phone too? You should learn to move on. Stop living in the past. It is good once in a while to remember the past, but to obscess(sp?) over it is just pathetic.

Might I suggest a VR website? Or Dust N Bones?

P.S. Slash was one of the greatest guitar players I have ever seen live, Slash, Mattias Jabs(the best live), Dennis Demartini etc, so I am not dissing him, just his role in the band and your obvious yearning for him to come back which I hope will never happen, cause then it would truely be a commercial band.

Hey, who is Slash? Is he that guy who USED to be on GNR and now has ABSOFUCKINLUTELY nothing to do with the new band? You mean that Slash? Who cares? Damn, you still have a rotary phone too? You should learn to move on. Stop living in the past. It is good once in a while to remember the past, but to obscess(sp?) over it is just pathetic.

Obsessing over someone's posts that you disagree with are more pathetic in my eyes. You just wrote an essay at a guy who wrote one word and a smiley face.

Seriously - if you want people to stop living in the past, then tell Axl to stop playing old GNR songs. I don't get what all this "stop living in the past" crap is. If anyone truly believed that, then they wouldn't be posting here.

Obsessing over someone's posts that you disagree with are more pathetic in my eyes. You just wrote an essay at a guy who wrote one word and a smiley face.

Seriously - if you want people to stop living in the past, then tell Axl to stop playing old GNR songs. I don't get what all this "stop living in the past" crap is. If anyone truly believed that, then they wouldn't be posting here.

Those guys made the GNR name, I'm sorry but they are embedded in the GNR legacy, so nobody's gonna be forgetting Slash and the guys anytime now or ever.

Those guys made the GNR name, I'm sorry but they are embedded in the GNR legacy, so nobody's gonna be forgetting Slash and the guys anytime now or ever.

Good. That's what my point was.

If you consider an essay two paragraphs you didnt get too far in school, now did you? And I dont give a shit if other people live in the past, I dont cause that is a waste of my time. I dont dwell, and just enjoy the here and now. Occaisionally I will look back, but that is only for the purpose of not making the same mistake twice, but centering my existance or opinion on the past is fruitless in my opinion.

One more rthing guy. The written word can be powerful, and when put in the right context can say more than just the one word written. So enough of the uneducated observations from yourself. Might I suggest cracking a book or two? :book:

Edited by Gunzen

If you consider an essay two paragraphs you didnt get too far in school, now did you? And I dont give a shit if other people live in the past, I dont cause that is a waste of my time. I dont dwell, and just enjoy the here and now. Occaisionally I will look back, but that is only for the purpose of not making the same mistake twice, but centering my existance or opinion on the past is fruitless in my opinion.

One more rthing guy. The written word can be powerful, and when put in the right context can say more than just the one word written. So enough of the uneducated observations from yourself. Might I suggest cracking a book or two? :book:

You just tried to insult a moderator of the forum, dude.

When I saw the band Live they NAILED that song, it was fantastic... exept Bumblefoot, he was terrible, terrible :no:

When the solo came, he just shredded like a pig, I swear it was horrible, he sounded like a machine, he was out of key, out of tune, out of rythm, just pure pointless shredd.

That's a really good point, why don't you bring it up repeatedly in every fuckin' thread? :rolleyes:

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but I'd like to see yours a little better constructed and supported.

Hmm, whereas when i saw them live i thought Ron's YCBM solo was one of the highlights of a fantastic concert! He got down on his knees and shredded like a motherfucker, gave me chills to watch. Everyone knocks his YCBM solo, it doesn't deserve it. It was amazing that night.