Richard Fortus - the musician ..

quadlaser

This is not shit. He was booed at the Paris show. he was booed during his shredd solo just before "Don't Cry". This is the truth.

When was the Paris show? Like I said, he has evolved into a very important cog in the wheel. You are baseing you opinion on some very old and dated information. And as far as him being bood, I suppose it is possible that a few pepole did boo him, but that just shows lack of class anyway. (In France, big surprise there) Noone should boo an act they pay money to see. That is just stupid. If they mail it in, or are just awful/drunk etc then yes, but to boo just because at that very moment they arent doing exactly what you want is stupid. You were probobly one of them.

I cant believe I just wasted 5 more minutes of my life arguing with someone who is talking negatively of an obviously talented musician. Seems stupid, I dont even know why you re on this site. and I dont care, please dont answer, it was rhetorical.

Edited by Gunzen

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was on June 20th. BBF was booed because his shred solos were CATASTROPHIC, it was very, very bad. And it's not " couple of peple" who booed him because the booing was pretty loud. I didn't boo him, I was so bored by his pointless shredd solo that I slept. I was busy enough to watch the rest of the band, especially Axl and Richard (the 2 most impressive guys of the band). Bumblefoot was a Ghost to me, it's like if he didn't exist.

He is just the 3rd player, so you barely notice him onstage to be honnest... he could be out, there would be no difference.

Edited by rockstar81

Stage presence is overrated.

Yeah, I agree and I think David Gilmour, Eric Clapton and Noel Gallagher prove you can do a great show and not leave the same spot on stage...

Yeah, but Slash, Perry, etc. proved that you can and it can just take the show to another level. I guess it depends on what band you are in though. Some music is more suited than others to the moving around.

I love a guy who can do it all - write, play, and has stage presence. Slash has it. Bucket has it (some will disagree but that's fine - his mystery and unique playing is what does it IMO).

The three guys in the band today don't have all of those things nailed down quite as well, but they've all got some of them. Finck probably has the most. Yeah, his playing can drive me nuts, as it can most fans, but some of the old stuff he plays well. The new stuff will become more and more important with time ( :unsure: hopefully) and he does that well. IMO he outshines Thal who outshines Fortus when it comes to stage presence and writing. All of this is why Axl has put him at the top of the totem pole.

Edited by KBear

Yeah, I agree and I think David Gilmour, Eric Clapton and Noel Gallagher prove you can do a great show and not leave the same spot on stage...

Oh, I love the dudes that put on a show. I was just saying that I think Richard's stage presence is overrated on this forum. He's good, but hardly exceptional.

Finck is a good guitar player, Fortus is a great guitar player. Together, they form a great combo and a great duet. Finck/Fortus are great.

FINCK/FORTUS ARE THE REAL NEWGNR GUITAR PLAYERS.

The problem is Bumblefoot. He is useless. He is "just" the 3rd player. He is not required, he is not needed and he shouldn't be in this band.

End of story.

Have you seen the band? Really have you? I saw them for the second time in Oakland on the 15th and bumble was incredible, he had the solo from WTTJ and never looked back. He was easily the crowd favorite that night. So you are obviously speaking w/out being there. I am sure someone else will back me.

Maybe you saw them early in the tour, cause when I saw them in sept Bumble was not as prolific. But now he is. He was on fire man. I am actually wasting my time :sleeper:

NOV. 17 2006, Bumblefoot OWNED the fucking show. I'll admitt Finck also gave a great different solo that what he usually does but the crowd was blown away by Rons O' Canada/ Don't Cry solo. He OWNS Finck for a PENNY.

A8R

He does not impress me at all as a guitar player. I think Axl recruited him for his stage presense.

Even YOU must understand that Axl wouldent hire just an average guiatarplayer to Guns N' Roses.Eventough he doesent impress you doesent mean a shit

Robin Finck

Fortus is a great player. My fav in the band right now.

saying Robin Finck is an avergae guitarplayer tells how little you know of guitarplaying

actually calling him anything more then average shows how little YOU know about guitar playing

I have been playing for over ten years and I can tell you right now after 1 year I could do a better take on this solo than Stinck

Id PAY to see that

get your money out, because there's at least 4 other people that have posted IN THIS TOPIC that could do it better.

he's just ok, get over it. i wouldn't go as far to say he sucks nowadays, but he's nothing special.

He does not impress me at all as a guitar player. I think Axl recruited him for his stage presense.

Even YOU must understand that Axl wouldent hire just an average guiatarplayer to Guns N' Roses.Eventough he doesent impress you doesent mean a shit

Robin Finck

saying Robin Finck is an avergae guitarplayer tells how little you know of guitarplaying

actually calling him anything more then average shows how little YOU know about guitar playing

I have been playing for over ten years and I can tell you right now after 1 year I could do a better take on this solo than Stinck

Id PAY to see that

get your money out, because there's at least 4 other people that have posted IN THIS TOPIC that could do it better.

he's just ok, get over it. i wouldn't go as far to say he sucks nowadays, but he's nothing special.

I don't think he can help it...I believe he is the glue that holds Axls balls to the side of his leg on a hot L.A. day.

A8R

Edited by allen8r

Finck is a good guitar player, Fortus is a great guitar player. Together, they form a great combo and a great duet. Finck/Fortus are great.

FINCK/FORTUS ARE THE REAL NEWGNR GUITAR PLAYERS.

The problem is Bumblefoot. He is useless. He is "just" the 3rd player. He is not required, he is not needed and he shouldn't be in this band.

End of story.

Have you seen the band? Really have you? I saw them for the second time in Oakland on the 15th and bumble was incredible, he had the solo from WTTJ and never looked back. He was easily the crowd favorite that night. So you are obviously speaking w/out being there. I am sure someone else will back me.

Maybe you saw them early in the tour, cause when I saw them in sept Bumble was not as prolific. But now he is. He was on fire man. I am actually wasting my time :sleeper:

NOV. 17 2006, Bumblefoot OWNED the fucking show. I'll admitt Finck also gave a great different solo that what he usually does but the crowd was blown away by Rons O' Canada/ Don't Cry solo. He OWNS Finck for a PENNY.

A8R

I just dont think people have seen bumble cept for the old bootlegs, I am telling you guys, he was epic, I just think you need to see the band live to judge them. It is like when Dead Flower keeps making sooo many smart ass comments and he has NEVER seen them. It just makes me laugh to read Dead making a comment of Fortus's stage presence when he has never seen them. What the fuck is that?

How can any of you who have never seen the band judge the shows? Yu wanna judge the music, fine, but the shows, performances? Youtube is nothing compared to the vibe you get live.

Same as Nascar, or Hockey or any other sport/band you have to see them. Dead Flower is the King of Smart ass comments about which he knows nothing about. Might be a girl by the way, not sure but he/she is the biggest joke on this forum.

Saying fortus stage presence is overrated w/out seeing him EVER is my new favorite stupid comment. ;)

fortus stage presence is overrated

Agreed.

dude, you can cut up my quotes and take them out of context if you want, you have done it before, cmon, you are not being very original. You out of material? Wow, you have proved that you know how to use/misuse the quote icon. But again, you have never seen them before so Anything you say is just bullshit. Put that in you thread and twist it. Dont care.

No matter what bullshit you will ever come up with, Myself and all the other fans on this forum who have seen GNR have it over on you, and you are obviously butthurt by it cause you keep coming back like a jilted lover. Sorry Dead, you dont count. :P

fortus stage presence is overrated

Agreed.

This is the tipe of thing you fire off when your guns are out of ammo and yo've been beat

A8R

I would agree, but he was never actually in battle, he has no frame of reference, he is the guy who hides under the table in the bar fight and then tells everyone he was in the bar fight. No use for him really, except to make fun of and pity, :P

Y'know, I've never seen Pink Floyd or The Who live in concert either. But I can safetly say Pete Townshend has more stage presence than David Gilmour.

Fortus means nothing to me. :)

Actually, no you cant, cause you havent seen them either. Your opinion dosnt mean shit. The fact that you even think you can judge musical performances and energy w/out being there just shows you ignorance even more. And saying Fortus means nothing to you means nothing to us. Have you ever heard the quote "It is better to remain silent and appear foolish, that to open your mouth and remove all doubt?" Think on that one dude,and I have a personal message for you;

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o122/gu...pg?t=1167110318

Edited by Gunzen

The fact that you even think you can judge musical performances and energy w/out being there just shows you ignorance even more.

I can and I will, Michael Knight.

i dont know who Micheal Knight is, and i cannot fein interest in anything you say long enough to even google it, so you got me...I think?

and I know you will keep commenting cause ignorace is bliss for you and you ass still hurts.

Edited by Gunzen

Robin Finck

Id PAY to see that

I'd like to sell you some oceanfront property in Nebraska. Interested?

Robin Finck

Id PAY to see that

hes only 9 years old dude

Robin Finck

Id PAY to see that

hey dude, your name is wrong. What, so you have no respect for anything at this point? People are dying at the hands of this man right now, 911,and you think that is funny? I know this is just a forum, but that is just plain insensitive and insulting.

Either you are too young to understand your poor taste in humor, or you are older and should be ashamed of yourself. I am shocked this forum even allowed you to have that name. I dont see how they can ban a guy for anything againsr GNR and let someone use a known terrorist and murderer of people as a screen name.

Some things will never be okay to make fun of.

You should be ashamed of yourself, and so should this forum. Cause that shit aint right, plain and simple. :angry:

Edited by Gunzen

holy shit, you mad at everyone tonight...

actually I am not mad at anyone, least of all Dead I just feel sorry for the guy/girl. Imagine your life is so vapid you need to be so spiteful and negative, especially when you have to fabricate your misplaced/fake passion. Yuck. I just feel if you are gonna say something, say it right. Why waste everyones time? I am not in the business of just argueing to be argumentative, or being a hater. I am a positive person by nature (look at my posts) but why just type bullshit?

As far as the guy with the name (which I wont type) that needed to be said. It is too bad people can just have such little repect for others. I am sure there is someone who is on this forum that has been affected by that. There are soo many other things yu can be, why that?

I am not mad at you. :rolleyes:

Sorry if I seem mad, i am actually just chilling after a great christmas meal while the wife watches some movie with alot of rennaisance type shit I cant get into. thank goodness for laptops and wireless routers!

Edited by Gunzen