why does axl constantly run off stage?

Guest Apollo

I think he runs off for a breath of oxygen from time to time, but also to change.

Sometimes, if they are using the larger stage setup, he will run off and then come back on on the upper level with the keyboards.

My seats backstage at Baltimore were right behind his big black felt box and the soundboards. He only ran back a few times to the box, maybe 3 total (assuming this is where his oxygen is). The rest of the time, he was just changing stage position. For 99.999% of the show, he stayed front and center on the stage. People are blowing this running off stage thing WAY out of proportion. I'm pretty sure most of the times were for costume change, like when he changed into his hoodie and skullcap.

BLOWING it out of porportion?

I've seen maybe 15 concerts and Axl ran back stage MORE in one show than all other 40ish bands (opening and main acts) COMBINED. It's almost in every song. And it's odd. Soon as it's guitar solo time, he's running off stage.

The oxygen makes sense . . . . but then he usually RUNS back on stage. Seems like the 50 foot run would wash out the benefit of a 10 second oxygen hook up.

And why do people hate Bach so much?

Yes, he's apparently an idiot in real life. And his stage "moves" widely consist of banging his head and swinging the mike, and that little come hither thing with his fingers. But he's a great front man on stage. He talks to the crowd, he sings his heart out and he's got a great live voice. What more do you want? I could give a fuck if he's a peckerwood in real life, as long as he gives me a good show.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he runs off for a breath of oxygen from time to time, but also to change.

Sometimes, if they are using the larger stage setup, he will run off and then come back on on the upper level with the keyboards.

My seats backstage at Baltimore were right behind his big black felt box and the soundboards. He only ran back a few times to the box, maybe 3 total (assuming this is where his oxygen is). The rest of the time, he was just changing stage position. For 99.999% of the show, he stayed front and center on the stage. People are blowing this running off stage thing WAY out of proportion. I'm pretty sure most of the times were for costume change, like when he changed into his hoodie and skullcap.

BLOWING it out of porportion?

I've seen maybe 15 concerts and Axl ran back stage MORE in one show than all other 40ish bands (opening and main acts) COMBINED. It's almost in every song. And it's odd. Soon as it's guitar solo time, he's running off stage.

The oxygen makes sense . . . . but then he usually RUNS back on stage. Seems like the 50 foot run would wash out the benefit of a 10 second oxygen hook up.

And why do people hate Bach so much?

Yes, he's apparently an idiot in real life. And his stage "moves" widely consist of banging his head and swinging the mike, and that little come hither thing with his fingers. But he's a great front man on stage. He talks to the crowd, he sings his heart out and he's got a great live voice. What more do you want? I could give a fuck if he's a peckerwood in real life, as long as he gives me a good show.

Well, I didn't actually see an oxygen tank, so I have no idea what is in the black felt covered room, but the poster below me ^ seems to just say

he saw dressing room type stuff. During the baltimore show, as I said, he only ran back there a few times, like maybe around 3 or 4, the entire show. The rest of the time, he would run past the curtain, and then run up the side steps a minute later, or run over to merck and say something.

Yah i agree bach is a great frontman. I dont see why there are so many bach bashers around here. Sure he sings off key once in a while, but so does axl, and bach is great at getting the crowd excited for the night.

Was there a woman right off stage that he hugged during your show?

I saw him do that a couple times the other night - one time for like 30 seconds.

I guess it must be Beta - but I have no idea what she looks like.

....plus he has ALWAYS walked off stage, at least since he started the Illusions-tour. Back in the days he changed clothes alot, which he doesn't do now but with such long shows I guess it's nice with a little sit down time. :)

uhh, axl still changes clothes

....plus he has ALWAYS walked off stage, at least since he started the Illusions-tour. Back in the days he changed clothes alot, which he doesn't do now but with such long shows I guess it's nice with a little sit down time. :)

uhh, axl still changes clothes

Like I said, "...he changed clothes ALOT, which he doesn't do now...." meaning he still does but not as much as before.

I saw him do that a couple times the other night - one time for like 30 seconds.

Well was she young? Perhaps his lover for the night..

Or if it was an older lady probably Beta for sure, lucky bitch.

lol, sometime i think she isnt so lucky. lets be honest here, i dont think any of us would want to be around Axl when he is having his.......moments.

lol, sometime i think she isnt so lucky. lets be honest here, i dont think any of us would want to be around Axl when he is having his.......moments.

Haha yeah he can get pretty nasty I bet.

But I don't think he'd ever lash out on Beta.. :wub: She's probably what helps him calm it down.

haha

Beta is short (a little shorter than axl) and has very short white syled hair and glasses. Her and merck usually can be found stage left just behind the curtains. At the baltimore show, the platform wrapped around the left side of the stage, and then their was a staircase that went down to ground level, where there was a sound pit just behind the main stage area. Axl's box was on the main stage level, situated behind and just stage left of the riser that frank dizzy and chris stand on.

actually...he runs off to a little 'room' just out of sight on the right side of the stage..its prolly about 8' tall...and 5' wide and 7' deep.....but what he does in there...i couldnt see....but thats where he ALWAYS went....never anywhere else.

the suicide girls used it for changing..couldnt see what Axl was doing...they raised the top so one couldnt see in for their set.

Edited by ASLayerAODsk

hey guys! Axl's 44 yrs old, not a senior citizen. He's still in good shape. If your'e not unconcious , or plastered out of your mind you know he runs around and dances like a madman. He still changes clothes. he runs off stage now, as well as he's done in the past. as for oxygen, I wouldn't doubt it, I bet you;d have to do the same thing if you were putting on a 2 or 3 hour concert. so stop speculating

What does Beta look like? Im just curious if its the women he hugged just off stage a couple of times during the show I saw.

WHY does Axl run off stage during most songs? Does anybody know for real?

Beta has short blond/white hair, I have seen her too at the right of the scene a lot of times, it must be her you are talking about.

I think he runs off stage to drink water and to clean the sweat from his face...or maybe a hottie gets him an instand blowjob :rofl-lol:

What does Beta look like? Im just curious if its the women he hugged just off stage a couple of times during the show I saw.

WHY does Axl run off stage during most songs? Does anybody know for real?

Beta has short blond/white hair, I have seen her too at the right of the scene a lot of times, it must be her you are talking about.

I think he runs off stage to drink water and to clean the sweat from his face...or maybe a hottie gets him an instand blowjob :rofl-lol:

Axl would like to know if that was an offer?

hey guys! Axl's 44 yrs old, not a senior citizen. He's still in good shape. If your'e not unconcious , or plastered out of your mind you know he runs around and dances like a madman. He still changes clothes. he runs off stage now, as well as he's done in the past. as for oxygen, I wouldn't doubt it, I bet you;d have to do the same thing if you were putting on a 2 or 3 hour concert. so stop speculating

Yep, and I think he gets a kick out of coming back onstage all the time.