March 6th Release Date (Reality)

motownjunkie

although its a tentative release date, if march 6th is the date then expect......

-- a single/video by january/february

-- promotion by early january at the latest

-- a leak by early february (dont be offended by this, almost every album leaks before its date in this day and age)

so im saying that the date could change or the date will be around March/April as Axl stated and if it is then expect a single announcement in january.

the wisest thing for Axl to say in his letter would have been "I am going to talk with the record company and give 100% until the album is finished, then i will inform people of a release date, happy holidays"

although its a tentative release date, if march 6th is the date then expect......

-- a leak by early february (dont be offended by this, almost every album leaks before its date in this day and age)

so im saying that the date could change or the date will be around March/April as Axl stated and if it is then expect a single announcement in january.

the wisest thing for Axl to say in his letter would have been "I am going to talk with the record company and give 100% until the album is finished, then i will inform people of a release date, happy holidays"

I just dont see it until late summer, but if things are on course something has to happen in January/Febuary

i think in reality if it gets out before the end of 2007, its a success, because i think the record company have been playing games with Axl and Axl/Merck visa versa

Axl needs a new manager, and im not certain if the album is even finished.

so dont keep your hopes up for March 6, prepare for it to change yet again

Edited by motownjunkie

I agree withe everything you said,its quite possible, except this last thing...

Axl is not wise :rofl-lol:

If they are planning to tour starting in March, I think they need the album out before the first stop on the tour. This last tour was a cash grab and an embarrassment if you ask me. Sure, it was nice to see them again, but who here gives a shit about live shows until we have Chinese Democracy in hand? I think they realize now that tour a third time without an album would be a huge mistake.

Of course they could always just postpone the tour. :(

I have a feeling that CD is not going to have all of the traditional prerequisites for release. I really don't think we will start seeing promotion until the album has been delivered-too much money has been put into this project and the suits are not going to want to spend a lot more until they are certain the release date will be kept. Axl has burned a lot of bridges with these people over the years. Assuming the album is delivered to the label during January your timeline seems plausible, but I am not overly optimistic.

I have a feeling that CD is not going to have all of the traditional prerequisites for release. I really don't think we will start seeing promotion until the album has been delivered-too much money has been put into this project and the suits are not going to want to spend a lot more until they are certain the release date will be kept. Axl has burned a lot of bridges with these people over the years. Assuming the album is delivered to the label during January your timeline seems plausible, but I am not overly optimistic.

it takes 8 weeks after the record company get the record for it to be released...(acording to axl in his letter)

and once the record company has it, it is theirs and they will release it!

so the promotion/single/videos in my opinion will start during the 8 weeks that the record company has the album

so he has to turn in the record january 6th for a march 6th release date..

wich probably also means we might start seeing promotion a week or so after jan.6

Once CD is handed over the recordcompany Axl has nothing to do with the realese date anymore - promotion won't start untill the company has CD.

If they are planning to tour starting in March, I think they need the album out before the first stop on the tour. This last tour was a cash grab and an embarrassment if you ask me. Sure, it was nice to see them again, but who here gives a shit about live shows until we have Chinese Democracy in hand? I think they realize now that tour a third time without an album would be a huge mistake.

Of course they could always just postpone the tour. :(

Well, apparantly people do give a shit about the shows, since i think the tour went well overall despite not having the album or single out by now. As far as the tour being a cash grab, all tours are. Thats how bands make their money is by touring. But i do agree they need to have the album out in order for another tour to work, and I think Axl said that in his letter, that the album was expected to be out for the american tour.

I just dont see it until late summer, but if things are on course something has to happen in January/Febuary

I agree with you...a single should be out by the med/end January to kick start the promotion of the new record...this gives enough time for all GNR fans to get used to the new material.

if nothing goes on by January.......forget the March 6 release date.. :lol:

I'm a believer. rock4

I disagree that Axl should've given another cryptic, "We're working hard" statement. That's been happening from him, or his management, or the band, or random involved people for years. I think his statement was perfect. It gives a guess at a date, but also leaves open the possibility that that date will not be met. I just hope that, if that date isn't a reality, that an announcement will come from Axl as soon as possible after the date isn't a reality anymore. It seems that that would be in mid January, being that it takes 8 weeks for the company to produce once the album is in their hands. If we don't hear anything by then, it will be the same old same old on the forum, which usually means that Slash haters and Axl haters will start catfighting, and I'll stay away for a month or so.

This last tour was a cash grab and an embarrassment if you ask me.

umm...I paid for a product and got it. he did play 5 new songs as well. it was not a cash grab, irresponsible statement. I thought we were done with bullshit statements.

If you by a ticket to a show, and he gives a great performance, that is supply/demand/capitlism. It is what ths economy is based on. A good value at a good price. Cash grab implies irresoponsible business practice, instead you are the one being irresponsible. Lame.

Yeah, I think Axl had to provide a date. The level of negativity among fans was at an all time high, with even Axl lovers (all but the truly delusional ones - there's about five on this forum) starting to get critical of their master.

The album has to be nearly done. I see no reason to doubt the date Axl provided - he knows better than any of us what is left to do. I agree that we should start seeing stuff happen in mid January (along with a whole bunch of bullshit rumours like we were getting about six weeks ago). If we get no sign by February 1st then I will officially start to have my doubts.

Although a HORRIBLE album, Metallica was able to stop an early leak. It DID leak but only because of a small shop in England broke the street date. They had VERY high levels of security at the listening parties etc

umm...I paid for a product and got it. he did play 5 new songs as well. it was not a cash grab, irresponsible statement. I thought we were done with bullshit statements.

If you by a ticket to a show, and he gives a great performance, that is supply/demand/capitlism. It is what ths economy is based on. A good value at a good price. Cash grab implies irresoponsible business practice, instead you are the one being irresponsible. Lame.

Well, maybe the band shouldn't have promised the album was coming in 2006. They held onto this date all the way up until Axl's statement in December! And maybe they shouldn't be calling it the Chinese Democracy tour. Maybe the band shouldn't have confirmed to us that more new songs would be added during the American leg of the tour. You don't think that is all just a little bit misleading? Cash grab? Merck pretty much confirmed that's why they had to do the tour, to get some more cash to fund the album. Cash grab may be an unfair label, but I don't see how you can just rule it out like that.

Having said that, the show I attended was fantastic. But that's not really the point.

oh God, i hope it doesn't leak... and if/when it does i dont know if i should download it or not... :(

put it this way, if your fan, you wont download it. simple as that

well said dude, why would you steal it from GNR? You guys want albums, and they need to be paid to put them out. Just wait a few more weeks, listen to the single (if there is one) and buy it. I wont even think about downloading it.

Its semantics.

Of course it's a cash grab, they made good money.

On the other hand, he didn't do it 'just for money'. If it was 'just for money', he'd do a 85 minute greatest hits set and get the hell out of there (like say, I dunno, Velvet Revolver? Sorry couldn't resist...). He also chose to spend a good portion of his profits on curfew fines.

He says himself in the letter that management hyped the record to sell tickets. Merck said they did the tour because they needed the money to complete the record, which may or may not be true. That would be your 'irresponsible business practice' right there.

Either way, unless you're playing at a bar for free beer, all touring is a cash grab. Selling a T-shirt for $35 that cost $5 to make, although an industry standard, is just as much a cash grab. All bands do it, Axl's no exception, nor should he be. Axl gives folks their money's worth and then some when it comes to the cost of his shows. And realistically, $75 is dirt cheap for a show of that length with that much pyro. They still made good money, and good for them, they deserve it!

P.S. If you really don't think CD is gonna leak...wow...I'm here to say, welcome to the 21st Century. I won't be d/ling anymore leaks though, I want the full polished gala on my favorite stereo uninterrupted when it comes out. But it will leak. 100% certainty. It is the 9th law of physics. According to Cartman, the 8th law of physics is that anything fun costs at least $8. The 9th law would be that all albums in the 21st century leak at least a few days before its release.

Oh, and to stay on topic - if it's truly coming out March 6th, single by mid January and leaks by 3rd week of Feb.

Edited by SterileEyes