Super Bowl??

Bailey15

The GN'R publicity machine missed out on the World Series last fall and the Harley ad appears to be tabled (hopefully).

Do you guys think GN'R will take advantage of the Super Bowl (Feb. 4, 2007) to promote the disc which should be out March 6, 2007?

This timeline fits in perfectly- think about this strategy....

1) Release a single and video at the end of January which will introduce the new band to those who don't know about what's going on (radio play, etc.). This will create a buzz, then...

2) Promote the album, and new single during the Super Bowl which will again re-introduce the band to the masses and maybe sway the people who heard the single and are on the fence about buying the album.

3) maybe have a free public concert (about a week before release) in a major market (i.e. Central Park,) to re-introduce the band to the masses that now know that GNR is OFFICIALLY back. I think Aerosmith did something in NY when they released nine lives which created buzz.

4) Release Album on March 6 and promote the hell out of the album!!!!!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B)-->

QUOTE(Billy B @ Dec 27 2006, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The halftime show is already taken. However maybe a commercial will air depending on how things go and if Harley Davidson is willing to pay the cash.

yeah, i was referring to the commercials during the super bowl to promote Chinese Democracy- the halftime has probably been finalized. Does anyone know what performers will be there?- both the Halftime Show and the Pre-Game show??

The GN'R publicity machine missed out on the World Series last fall and the Harley ad appears to be tabled (hopefully).

Do you guys think GN'R will take advantage of the Super Bowl (Feb. 4, 2007) to promote the disc which should be out March 6, 2007?

This timeline fits in perfectly- think about this strategy....

1) Release a single and video at the end of January which will introduce the new band to those who don't know about what's going on (radio play, etc.). This will create a buzz, then...

2) Promote the album, and new single during the Super Bowl which will again re-introduce the band to the masses and maybe sway the people who heard the single and are on the fence about buying the album.

3) maybe have a free public concert (about a week before release) in a major market (i.e. Central Park,) to re-introduce the band to the masses that now know that GNR is OFFICIALLY back. I think Aerosmith did something in NY when they released nine lives which created buzz.

4) Release Album on March 6 and promote the hell out of the album!!!!!

Jesus Fuckin Christ dude, when have they ever done anything logically or sensible over the last 4 years? Yeah a perfect world would be great and putting their fans first would be ideal, but don't you know by now to take March 6th and any other 'statement' with a grain of salt and stop speculating that Axl & Co will do things they way they should be done?? Axl's been shooting himself in the foot for the last 4 years and he's running out of time.....fast. What's the purpose of this topic? Its so far fetched too - a super bowl show? free concert in central park? Are you high?

They should do a 500 city tour, sign each pressing of the CD, do a meet and greet, etc, etc...just sit back and wait to see what happens next. You wanna be into the new band fine but these speculation topics are retarded.

Man, it's just a thought based on the fact that the wheel were in motion during the MLB playoffs. Are you saying that the HD commercials wouldn't have been run during the World Series if a November release date was set and confirmed?? I think they have an opportunity to replay this scenario with the world series -that's it, not a performance just advertising the album. The public concert is far fetched but just an idea for a band that has MIA for a decade for the majority of the public.

Edited by Bailey15

Noooooooo... .Not the dreaded Super Bowl thread that somebody starts every year.

Please .. no .. not again. ....... *Raises garlic and a cross*.......

*Thinks to self: And we're not even into 2007 yet. This is going to be a long five weeks* ... *shakes head*

Noooooooo... .Not the dreaded Super Bowl thread that somebody starts every year.

*Thinks to self: And we're not even into 2007 yet. This is going to be a long five weeks* ... *shakes head*

LOL :rofl-lol:

I think you said what we're all thinking.

I wasnt here last year, so i didnt know, and what is wrong with hope? Guys get on this website and bash the members, show sigs of ex members, hell even name themselves after ex members and we have one guy who uses a mass murderer and a terrorist in his name, thats cool, but to mention a SB commercial, now that is blasphemy. Damn, you guys are silly. :P

Sorry, this topic was not intended to be about "Guns playing during the Super Bowl".

it was suppose to pose the question- Will we see some type of advertisement or related promotion for Chinese Democracy during the NFL playoffs and especially the Super Bowl??

I ask this because it appeared as if something was in the works for the MLB playoffs (Harley ad) but got delayed.