Super Bowl??

Bailey15

Sorry, this topic was not intended to be about "Guns playing during the Super Bowl".

it was suppose to pose the question- Will we see some type of advertisement or related promotion for Chinese Democracy during the NFL playoffs and especially the Super Bowl??

I ask this because it appeared as if something was in the works for the MLB playoffs (Harley ad) but got delayed.

That is what I thought you meant, but people on this forum just cupcake it to be negative.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The GN'R publicity machine missed out on the World Series last fall and the Harley ad appears to be tabled (hopefully).

Do you guys think GN'R will take advantage of the Super Bowl (Feb. 4, 2007) to promote the disc which should be out March 6, 2007?

This timeline fits in perfectly- think about this strategy....

1) Release a single and video at the end of January which will introduce the new band to those who don't know about what's going on (radio play, etc.). This will create a buzz, then...

2) Promote the album, and new single during the Super Bowl which will again re-introduce the band to the masses and maybe sway the people who heard the single and are on the fence about buying the album.

3) maybe have a free public concert (about a week before release) in a major market (i.e. Central Park,) to re-introduce the band to the masses that now know that GNR is OFFICIALLY back. I think Aerosmith did something in NY when they released nine lives which created buzz.

4) Release Album on March 6 and promote the hell out of the album!!!!!

yeah right! <_< Since GNR manager is gone and management doesnt exists...maby axl will hire you. Well I would! But...since Axl is running his audio samples with a car over and over I don't think this is going to happen.

First of all...AXL NEEDS TO GET ANOTHER MANAGER...and this WILL TAKE A LOT OF TIME!...Remember AXL NEEDS TIME TO THINK but at the time the only colour he tinks about is PINK! (well the jacket and and shirts were PINK)

than...you can expect that on 6th MARCH the statement will be...GNR TRYING TO PUT CD ON SHELVES TILL CHRISTMAS 2007...and the same SHIT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN...so!...NO!!!

Here we fucken go again <_< There is always a thread about the superbowl and if gnr are gonna perform every single year!! it's not gonna happen ok?? Now if someone starts a thread about gnr performing at the nba all star game or wrestlemania I will be really pissed off :anger:

The GN'R publicity machine missed out on the World Series last fall and the Harley ad appears to be tabled (hopefully).

Do you guys think GN'R will take advantage of the Super Bowl (Feb. 4, 2007) to promote the disc which should be out March 6, 2007?

1) Release a single and video at the end of January which will introduce the new band to those who don't know about what's going on (radio play, etc.). This will create a buzz, then...

2) Promote the album, and new single during the Super Bowl which will again re-introduce the band to the masses and maybe sway the people who heard the single and are on the fence about buying the album.

3) maybe have a free public concert (about a week before release) in a major market (i.e. Central Park,) to re-introduce the band to the masses that now know that GNR is OFFICIALLY back. I think Aerosmith did something in NY when they released nine lives which created buzz.

for any ''normal'' big band ...that makes sense ...this however is guns n roses

I wasnt here last year, ..

Sure. Whatever you say.

.. , and what is wrong with hope? Guys get on this website and bash the members, show sigs of ex members, hell even name themselves after ex members and we have one guy who uses a mass murderer and a terrorist in his name, thats cool, but to mention a SB commercial, now that is blasphemy. Damn, you guys are silly. :P

Every year somebody starts a SuperBowl thread, and members make hundreds of posts spanning dozens of pages about GNR playing the SB. And then, when it doesn't happen, everybody blames Axl.

Noooooooo... .Not the dreaded Super Bowl thread that somebody starts every year.

Please .. no .. not again. ....... *Raises garlic and a cross*.......

*Thinks to self: And we're not even into 2007 yet. This is going to be a long five weeks* ... *shakes head*

I agree.

I doubt Axl would agree to it and besides, this 'Super Bowl' phenomenon is hardly known (unless someone flashes) outside the US.

This year it's especially stupid and pointless to discuss since it's already been announced that Prince will perform in halftime.

Edit: This is the first and last thread on this topic.

Noooooooo... .Not the dreaded Super Bowl thread that somebody starts every year.

*Thinks to self: And we're not even into 2007 yet. This is going to be a long five weeks* ... *shakes head*

I agree.

I doubt Axl would agree to it and besides, this 'Super Bowl' phenomenon is hardly known (unless someone flashes) outside the US.

This year it's especially stupid and pointless to discuss since it's already been announced that Prince will perform in halftime.

Here's to hoping prince doesn't flash his nob so we don't have to see any of it.

LP

Some people in this thread remind me of drunk dudes who are frustrated about work and come home and beat their wife and yell at their kids. :huh: I know you guys are all frustrated about this damn album and when it is going to come out, but I don't understand why this is somehow Bailey15's fault???

He is just throwing an idea out there for how they are going to re-introduce themselves after 15 years. Christ, my 20 year old brother's friends don't even know who the fuck GNR is. It is insane to think you can just throw a 15 year old album out there and have it be a success (outside of the gnr faithful).

Everyone calm down and relax. The good news is, this should be the LAST YEAR that someone "begs for GNR to play Paradise City at the halftime show of the superbowl", like Bailey did so vehemently in the original post.

I dont care if they wanna do a commercial.. but please, for the love of god and the game... please dont fuck up the only thing I look forward to in this life.. i've had to sit thru britney spears, nsync, aerosmith, Janet Jackson's raisin titty and justin timberlake... please dont pile more shit onto this already 30 minute heaping pile of shitstain the nfl likes to call a halftime show.. it's already bad enough that I have to sit thru it, it was amazaingly horrible last year and every year before that, unless the Saints make it, I doubt i'll wtach it if I have to sit thru Axl gasping for breath thru what sounds liek welcome to the jungle, and stare at his pasty white espressionless forehead and ripoff offspring dreads... onlything missing isthe geretole and icyhot sponsorships...

...didn't it show up about a month ago as well?? :lol:

• 1 month later...