Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band - Hammersmith Odeon '75

worldwideboss

I take it you finally got the DVD with Born to Run's 30th Anniversary Edition?

Correct. I got the box for Christmas.

It's possibly one of the top five concerts available on CD and DVD. Get the CD of it that was released this year. It's brilliant.

I'll be doing so shortly. What a show it is.

Thunder Road :wub:

Great performance of the song, though my favourites were Kitty's Back and Jungleland.

The problem for the album Born to Run is that its production was such high quality. So some of the songs played live can seem to lack something. Thunder Road is better stripped back i think, but i think Jungleland struggles live.

His best album live was Darkness on the Edge of Town, watch videos from that tour. A fucking Mazing. Prove it All Night rocks.

The problem for the album Born to Run is that its production was such high quality. So some of the songs played live can seem to lack something. Thunder Road is better stripped back i think, but i think Jungleland struggles live.

Jungleland (at least at Hammersmith) sounded great to me. The sax solo was a highlight. But Kitty's Back is the best in the concert, that jam is just unbelievable.

I've been a Bruce Springsteen fan for over a year now and I've only got 2 CD's. 'Greatest Hits' and 'Born in the USA', but I've heard more recent things i.e. 'Devils & Dust', 'Mrs. McGrath', 'Jesse James' N' shizzle. Can you guys reccomend, which CD I should get next?

I was moments away from buying 'Nebraska' today but I quite fancy 'Born to Run'. Any help appreciated guys. Oh... and Bruce Springsteen is definetly the best artist I've ever heard, I wanna hear everything he has - I only wanna know a good way to do it in.

At the moment my favourite songs are 'Brilliant Disguise' and 'Cover Me'.

Cheers.

Born to Run is generally considered his best album, and is a must have for and Boss fan.

Nebraska is brilliant, but its demo tapes and only contains Bruce himself playing and singing on it, incredibly raw. Fantastic lyrics.

The Wild, The Innocent And The E Street Shuffle is his 2nd album, and the one before Born to Run, while not as good as Born to Run its still amazing. Its quite jazzy too.

Darkness on the Edge of Town is the after after Born to Run. Its a much darker and more guitar based. Brilliant album and has some of his best lyrics.

The Wild, The Innocent And The E Street Shuffle is his 2nd album, and the one before Born to Run, while not as good as Born to Run its still amazing. Its quite jazzy too.

Ahh... You finally got it!

Glad you like it.

I rank the top 5 like this:

1. Nebraska

2. Born in the USA

3. Born to Run

4. The Rising

5. The River

Born to Run is generally considered his best album, and is a must have for and Boss fan.

Nebraska is brilliant, but its demo tapes and only contains Bruce himself playing and singing on it, incredibly raw. Fantastic lyrics.

Darkness on the Edge of Town is the after after Born to Run. Its a much darker and more guitar based. Brilliant album and has some of his best lyrics.

Cheers, I'll look into getting 'Born to Run' and 'Darkness on the Edge of Town'. I'm sure 'Born to Run' has to be the best, what with it having 'Born to Run' & 'Thunder Road' on it.

Cheers again Johnezz.

Has anyone watched the DVD yet? I mean documentary?

I just finished watching it and it is quite astonishing-one of the most intimate portraits of a musician's artistry I have ever seen. It definitely changed the way I have always perceived writing and arranging songs for the better and I have many years of experience in that arena.