2007 is gonna belong to Axl Rose

Chris Axl

Its all set for GN'R

just think about the promotion we can have.

"Its been 20 year since theyr first album, Appetite For Destruction, it the shelves. But now be ready for CHINESE DEMOCRACY. The album you have been waiting for for over a decade."

Something in those lines.

Chinese Demoracy hits the shelves around March(6ht?) We will geth a Asia tour and after/before we will have a new Europe tour.

Chinese Democracy, the touring and Guns N' Roses is gonna blow eveyrone away in 07'!

Edited by Chris Axl

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't actually wait for the album to be released. We all know that it will be just another mediocre rock album.

We can hear stuff like that anyday with other bands. Its gonna be fun to watch how these guys are gonna deal with it.

you dont know good music when you hear it, go away!

I can't actually wait for the album to be released. We all know that it will be just another mediocre rock album.

We can hear stuff like that anyday with other bands. Its gonna be fun to watch how these guys are gonna deal with it.

I hear good music when I listen to AFD or UYI, that's why I'm here. The leaks and new live songs haven't convinced me that CD will be a great album, I think Axl can do a whole lot better.

Yeah, I'll go away and listen to my Appetite record or one of my shitty Pink Floyd vinyls..

Its all set for GN'R

"Its been 20 year since theyr first album, Appetite For Destruction, it the shelves. But now be ready for CHINESE DEMOCRACY. The album you have been waiting for for over a decade."

Chinese Demoracy hits the shelves around March(6ht?) We will geth a Asia tour and after/before we will have a new Europe tour.

Chinese Democracy, the touring and Guns N' Roses is gonna blow eveyrone away in 07'!

Give me a break...another speculation thread/this is what Axl should do...

Another one to put with your VR collection then if it is then.

We all know it's gonna be great though......

LP

All the people who swore up and down that the album would be out this year got a pass.

Those of us who doubted were told that we could go fuck ourselves and that Axl was going to show us. But, in the euphoria of his open letter, both sides seemed to agree to let the matter drop. No "I told you so"s from the doubters, no stepping up and admitting being wrong from the pie in the sky optimists.

But we do seem to be falling back into some of the same traps we went through all last year. This belief that this album :

- is the most anticipated album of the year

- will sell in bundles

- will "change music"

Frankly, if even one of those things were to happen, I'd be shocked. Its just frustrating to see a lot of the same people seemingly setting themselves up for disappointment with these rather unrealsitic expectations.

What happened to all these 'hat eating' bets that were on? Or were they only going to eat their hat if it DID come out? :unsure:

Monty

Yeah, W. Axl Kev said he's gonna eat his hat IF Chinese Democracy will be released this year.

Lucky fucker! :rofl-lol:

Haha no, he just said it if was released. There was no time or date. I was will record him eating it for you're pleasure.

All the people who swore up and down that the album would be out this year got a pass.

Those of us who doubted were told that we could go fuck ourselves and that Axl was going to show us. But, in the euphoria of his open letter, both sides seemed to agree to let the matter drop. No "I told you so"s from the doubters, no stepping up and admitting being wrong from the pie in the sky optimists.

But we do seem to be falling back into some of the same traps we went through all last year. This belief that this album :

- is the most anticipated album of the year

- will sell in bundles

- will "change music"

Frankly, if even one of those things were to happen, I'd be shocked. Its just frustrating to see a lot of the same people seemingly setting themselves up for disappointment with these rather unrealsitic expectations.

Some people think that way, but not all optimistic people do. I just want a great album I could give 2 shits whether it sells billions. It is the most anticipated album by me and that's all I care about. I think it'll sell alright, but I've always thought more long term than short term.

I was hopeful for 2006 but after waiting so long I can't get excited until it's got a proper release date and there's proper promotion etc... and even then I won't believe it until I get my hands on it.

LP

Its all set for GN'R

I hopre so, cool sig by the way

Its all set for GN'R

I agree with you young friend.

Here's another idea:

"20 years after AFD release, the debut album that broke all records, considered the best metal album ever, GNR will change world music again, if 20 years ago you didn't participate, you have your chance to get an original that will change the course of music again."

It seems it was yesterday, I bought my AFD copy back in 1988... Time passes...

Some of you have to face reality and realize that most of the world doesn't give a fuck about Guns N Roses anymore, let alone a stripped down, overglorified Axl Rose solo project. It probably wouldn't be as big of a joke if Axl released the album in say... 2000, or 2002, but now its been an awful long wait for an album that regardless of how good it is, is going to be a laughingstock and a running joke due to the fact that no piece of music on earth can warrant this kind of a wait.

I'm not saying the record is going to sell poorly, because it won't. The sales will be respectable, and I think the album is going to be really good. But Axl isn't taking over the world, or even regaining his past glory. You should just take it for what it is, and not what you expect it to be, because if you're going by your blind GNR fanboy expectations, you're gearing up for a huge disappointment.

Then again if you really want some pessimism, there is always the fact that the album is probably not coming out in 2007, and we're just going to get dicked around by Axl.

AGAIN.

Some of you have to face reality and realize that most of the world doesn't give a fuck about Guns N Roses anymore, let alone a stripped down, overglorified Axl Rose solo project. It probably wouldn't be as big of a joke if Axl released the album in say... 2000, or 2002, but now its been an awful long wait for an album that regardless of how good it is, is going to be a laughingstock and a running joke due to the fact that no piece of music on earth can warrant this kind of a wait.

AGAIN.

All true...I hear jokes about him all the time on the rock stations around here...people just don't really give a shit anymore. Me? I am so content with all the incredibly good bootlegs I have from 91-93 that remind me of the glory days...it will never be that good again.