2007 is gonna belong to Axl Rose

Chris Axl

Some of you have to face reality and realize that most of the world doesn't give a fuck about Guns N Roses anymore, let alone a stripped down, overglorified Axl Rose solo project. It probably wouldn't be as big of a joke if Axl released the album in say... 2000, or 2002, but now its been an awful long wait for an album that regardless of how good it is, is going to be a laughingstock and a running joke due to the fact that no piece of music on earth can warrant this kind of a wait.

I'm not saying the record is going to sell poorly, because it won't. The sales will be respectable, and I think the album is going to be really good. But Axl isn't taking over the world, or even regaining his past glory. You should just take it for what it is, and not what you expect it to be, because if you're going by your blind GNR fanboy expectations, you're gearing up for a huge disappointment.

Then again if you really want some pessimism, there is always the fact that the album is probably not coming out in 2007, and we're just going to get dicked around by Axl.

AGAIN.

Guns will have a lot of airplay in the radios and tv's for the first weeks after the release of the album and the sells will be good but after the first month it all depends on the quality of the second or third single and how the band performs live.

I will buy CD of course no matter how it sounds, all here know a couple of songs that likely will appear in the album,they are not bad but will not change the music history either,who can do it nowadays anyway?

But if the album doesn't come out in the first half of 2007,well then i don't know what to say realy! :rolleyes:

So the album coming out in march,then a world tour starting in asia,passing europe,south america and ending in usa/canada and some mtv or grammy awards,well why not? :P ...is this what i expect,the rest well we will see........

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you have to face reality and realize that most of the world doesn't give a fuck about Guns N Roses anymore, let alone a stripped down, overglorified Axl Rose solo project. It probably wouldn't be as big of a joke if Axl released the album in say... 2000, or 2002, but now its been an awful long wait for an album that regardless of how good it is, is going to be a laughingstock and a running joke due to the fact that no piece of music on earth can warrant this kind of a wait.

AGAIN.

All true...I hear jokes about him all the time on the rock stations around here...people just don't really give a shit anymore. Me? I am so content with all the incredibly good bootlegs I have from 91-93 that remind me of the glory days...it will never be that good again.

Not saying you shouldn't be on here, but if you are so 'content' with the bootlegs why are you still following what Axl and GnR are doing if you don't want for anything else from him/them?

Are you still interested in what he's doing (even though you don't believe he should call this incarnation of GnR, GnR)?

This isn't a dig or anything just interested.

LP

pfff...stupid thread from a stupid member...

what chris said during this year?

"CD will be out before 31 dec!!! i know it!! i have a special connection with Axl Rose and i know it!!

its a good laugh though...

Edited by feconroses

I'm buying it too. Thats not the point. The point is how many people who haven't been going to these sham tour dates for portions of the past 6 years will buy the record? We're not the ones Axl has to impress. We've heard half his album already, and I think in general its pretty good stuff. The thing that scares me is that at the larger venue shows, the crowds were not in to the new material at all. The hammerstein shows, most were into it, because it was made up of a large percentage of people I would consider die hard fans.

I want the album to succeed, and think it will to a degree. However, I think most reviews will say that the record is good- but.... and the "but" will likely be followed by something stating that it doesn't warrant a wait of over 10 years.

I'm buying it too. Thats not the point. The point is how many people who haven't been going to these sham tour dates for portions of the past 6 years will buy the record? We're not the ones Axl has to impress. We've heard half his album already, and I think in general its pretty good stuff. The thing that scares me is that at the larger venue shows, the crowds were not in to the new material at all. The hammerstein shows, most were into it, because it was made up of a large percentage of people I would consider die hard fans.

I want the album to succeed, and think it will to a degree. However, I think most reviews will say that the record is good- but.... and the "but" will likely be followed by something stating that it doesn't warrant a wait of over 10 years.

yeah man, you brought up some good points. I think a lot of the people at the shows probably didnt even know they had new material. In fact, many were probably expecting slash to be there. Hopefully, with the right promotion they'll throw a single out there to bring people to accept their new music. I think the new songs kinda took ppl by suprise and they really didnt know how to react.

good post, 100% agree

I love the way Chris always makes these bold statements.

Like the last few weeks before the US tour ended, and I (along with many others) were saying it was impossible for an album to come out. He was spewing shit about 'having faith' in Axl and that it WOULD be out in 2006. Whoop de do, his faith sure did kick him in the teeth there.

But yes, here's hoping 07 does go well for Axl. If this Euro tour starting in Russia rumour is true, and he can get the album out around March time, I think people can finally stop talking shit about him. He really needs to stick to his guns this time. The album needs to come out pronto. I have faith in him, and I genuinely think this is it now...here's hoping I'm not wrong.

Its all set for GN'R

just think about the promotion we can have.

"Its been 20 year since theyr first album, Appetite For Destruction, it the shelves. But now be ready for CHINESE DEMOCRACY. The album you have been waiting for for over a decade."

Something in those lines.

Chinese Demoracy hits the shelves around March(6ht?) We will geth a Asia tour and after/before we will have a new Europe tour.

Chinese Democracy, the touring and Guns N' Roses is gonna blow eveyrone away in 07'!

What would a GN'R fan forum be without folks starting topics such as "THIS YEAR IS THE YEAR!!" or "THEY SHOULD PERFORM AT THIS AWARDS SHOW...IT'D BE A BRILLIANT PROMOTIONAL SETUP!!"

Or my personal favorite lately, over at HTGTH, was "Of all the song titles we've heard of, which song do you think will be the best?"

:rolleyes:

This thread adds nothing. (other then the allready creapy obsession Chris Axl is showing off)

I don't care much about chinese democracy. My life will go on without it as much as it has untill now. It would be cool to hear it and I was abit excited to this fall. But I've got a few more years on here. And after a point, faith is replaced by reality.

I will probably love the album when it comes out. And I will see them next time they come around. Untill that, I will just lurk these forums for some info and live my life. Not careing to much, not even enough to start a speculation topic.

Its all set for GN'R

"Its been 20 year since theyr first album, Appetite For Destruction, it the shelves. But now be ready for CHINESE DEMOCRACY. The album you have been waiting for for over a decade."

Chinese Demoracy hits the shelves around March(6ht?) We will geth a Asia tour and after/before we will have a new Europe tour.

Chinese Democracy, the touring and Guns N' Roses is gonna blow eveyrone away in 07'!

Give me a break...another speculation thread/this is what Axl should do...

..says 1991/reunion Man

Its all set for GN'R

Give me a break...another speculation thread/this is what Axl should do...

..says 1991/reunion Man

Yep, the best year of all times for Guns...stack up the last 10 years even and it doesn't even come close.

You're right, See the others leyendary bands like Pearl Jam, Iron Maiden or even The Rolling Stones. They're respected but they aren't on their glory anymore. They just did their time and they keep on music giving more albums to their fans but not caring much about marketing anymore. If Green Day is the most famous band right now is mostly 'cause they weren't too popular back on the days. They were like another popular Punk band. And the won't get the same attention ever again.

Fame comes and goes and GNR will have a triple-platinum album but don't spect them to recieve the same attention of thier "biggest band on earth" times. 'Cause it won't happen. rock3

Its all set for GN'R

No, 2005 belonged to Guns N' Roses, remeber?

FACT! (apparently)

A8R

Axl doesnt have a choice, its the ten year anniversary, velvet revolver are all set to release a follow up .....

velvet who?

Velvet Revolver.

velvet irrelevant you mean.

I'm not really much of a VR fan either, but calling them irrelevant is ridiculous. They're a band that actually releases albums, videos, wins awards,etc. If they're irrelevant, what does that make GNR? Edited by Jameslofton29

Axl doesnt have a choice, its the ten year anniversary, velvet revolver are all set to release a follow up .....

velvet who?

Velvet Revolver.

I'm not really much of a VR fan either, but calling them irrelevant is ridiculous. They're a band that actually releases albums, videos, wins awards,etc. If they're irrelevant, what does that make GNR?

Better...better

We'll see

I think it will be great for the fans who have waited, but the general public wont really give a shit, so I wouldnt say 07 would belong to Axl

But thats fine with me, just as long as CD is released and we get to hear what the big deal was, the general public can lick my nuts.

velvet who?

Velvet Revolver.

I'm not really much of a VR fan either, but calling them irrelevant is ridiculous. They're a band that actually releases albums, videos, wins awards,etc. If they're irrelevant, what does that make GNR?

they are irrelevant to GNR, I dont think they are a bad band, but they mean nothing to GNR, they are gone, and I am tired of hearing about what VR does, cause they are irrelevant to this band.

Its all set for GN'R

"The album you have been waiting for for over a decade."

Who's been waiting for it? Only hardcore GN'R fans. 90% of people have no idea what the fuck chinese democracy is.

No, more like "Are you ready to hear music by a has-been rockstar who now sounds like a pre-pubescent teenage girl?"

Not a chance there buddy. That kind of music hasn't dominated the charts for 15 years. Everyone wants to be a 'straight outta Compton Gansta' not a heavy metal hair-banging fag. Why don't you get into a more trustworthy band?