2007 is gonna belong to Axl Rose

Chris Axl

If Chinese Democracy is released 2007 might belong to

GUNS N' ROSES

Not just their frontman, who, by the way, may just be one of the least talented members in his band.

The LEAST talented? Seriously? :huh:

Even I have to question that statement. His abilities to write lyrics alone is what sets him apart fom so many other arists, ESPECIALLY the ones he now shares the stage with. And though he isn't the virtuoso on keyboards like Pitman, he can still play piano. Also, the charisma he exudes while performing and the ability to hold the attention of thousands of people is indeed a talent that not everyone is blessed to have.

I think Fortus, Pitman, Ron, and Brain are better musicians than Axl Rose.

That's different than saying he has the least talent. I could say Finck is most likely a better guitar player than Axl, yet I would never say he has more talent than him.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GUNS N' ROSES

Not just their frontman, who, by the way, may just be one of the least talented members in his band.

Even I have to question that statement. His abilities to write lyrics alone is what sets him apart fom so many other arists, ESPECIALLY the ones he now shares the stage with. And though he isn't the virtuoso on keyboards like Pitman, he can still play piano. Also, the charisma he exudes while performing and the ability to hold the attention of thousands of people is indeed a talent that not everyone is blessed to have.

Fortus is a incredible guitarplayer.

Pitman is a very skilled *in what HE does*

Ron is a great musician, not only a fast shredder

Brain is the best drummers of our time.

But Axl, is AXL. The singer, the pianist, the guitarist, the songwriter, the frontman, the LEGEND Axl Rose rock3

GUNS N' ROSES

That's different than saying he has the least talent. I could say Finck is most likely a better guitar player than Axl, yet I would never say he has more talent than him.

I said, one of the least talented. Meaning, one of the lesser musically talented members in this band. Axl's a great frontman, but a poor musician compared to those I mentioned.

Anyway, no point arguing with you, you will never accept the new band.

GUNS N' ROSES

Fortus is a incredible guitarplayer.

Pitman is a very skilled *in what HE does*

Ron is a great musician, not only a fast shredder

Brain is the best drummers of our time.

But Axl, is AXL. The singer, the pianist, the guitarist, the songwriter, the frontman, the LEGEND Axl Rose rock3

But Axl wastes so much time, not only with the record, but onstage, and 2006 really was his chance to make it big, what with the tour, press coverage, advertisements, increasing number of fans, the greatest hits reentering the charts, i could go on forever. I cant help but think maybe Axl should just kick a few people up the arse and get this god damn record out, as its been too long, way too long.

But I still love Gnr.

GUNS N' ROSES

I said, one of the least talented. Meaning, one of the lesser musically talented members in this band. Axl's a great frontman, but a poor musician compared to those I mentioned.

Anyway, no point arguing with you, you will never accept the new band.

It has nothing to do with my acceptance of the band or not. That's a pretty lame way to try and get out of a discussion, which this is by the way, not an argument. Of course most of the other members in the band have more talent playing their particular instrument. My friend who plays guitar, bass and drums has more musical talent than Axl as well. All you needed to do was clarify your initial statement. Otherwise you're just comparing apples to oranges.

It has nothing to do with my acceptance of the band or not. That's a pretty lame way to try and get out of a discussion, which this is by the way, not an argument. Of course most of the other members in the band have more talent playing their particular instrument. My friend who plays guitar, bass and drums has more musical talent than Axl as well. All you needed to do was clarify your initial statement. Otherwise you're just comparing apples to oranges.

Fine, here's clarification for you: Axl's good on piano, but not as good as Pitman or Dizzy. I don't think he's too good on guitar, I think he's a decent songwriter, but not great. As a singer he's better than the rest, but that's it.

On the other hand, Steven Tyler for example, is at least as talented as Joe Perry and the rest of Aerosmith.

Edited by adnan

It almost goes without saying that the other band members are better musicians (which is very different from the inital statement), just like it goes without saying that Axl is a better vocalist than the rest of the band. That is why they are all doing what they are doing for the most part.

Looking at the initial statement, I would have to strongly disagree that Axl is one of the least talented - in my opinion of course. Measuring vocalist/writing/frontman talent against instrumental talent is, as mentioned, like comparing apples and oranges though. Axl can write and sing with the best of them IMO, his musical talent in playing guitar and piano is just an added bonus from time to time - how many of the other members can get by singing (well) or fronting a band the odd time? They are all excellent at what they do and that is really all that matters :shades:

It almost goes without saying that the other band members are better musicians (which is very different from the inital statement), just like it goes without saying that Axl is a better vocalist than the rest of the band. That is why they are all doing what they are doing for the most part.

Looking at the initial statement, I would have to strongly disagree that Axl is one of the least talented - in my opinion of course. Measuring vocalist/writing/frontman talent against instrumental talent is, as mentioned, like comparing apples and oranges though. Axl can write and sing with the best of them IMO, his musical talent in playing guitar and piano is just an added bonus from time to time - how many of the other members can get by singing (well) or fronting a band the odd time? They are all excellent at what they do and that is really all that matters :shades:

Okay, what I mean is: The bandmembers I mentioned are better at what they do than Axl.

We are all agreeing on the subject. Your intended first comment was just a little non-specific, which raised some question, that's all. With what you have clarified your comment to intend, it is a pretty common sense statement really. Like I say, this is why they are all doing what they are doing.

Edited by CDNGNR

GUNS N' ROSES

How can you even compare the likes of Chris Pitman, to Axl Rose.... one of the greatest frontmen in Rock N' Roll history.... :no:

Its all set for GN'R

just think about the promotion we can have.

"Its been 20 year since theyr first album, Appetite For Destruction, it the shelves. But now be ready for CHINESE DEMOCRACY. The album you have been waiting for for over a decade."

Something in those lines.

Chinese Demoracy hits the shelves around March(6ht?) We will geth a Asia tour and after/before we will have a new Europe tour.

Chinese Democracy, the touring and Guns N' Roses is gonna blow eveyrone away in 07'!

in your dreams :rofl-lol:

new acts will lead the way-not poor cover bands,

I think Ron is easily more (or equally :rolleyes: ) as talented as Axl. No doubt about it in my mind.

Who cares. Fans want to listen to Axl and Guns N'Roses, not to Bumblefoot, Finck or Pit(t)man ffs.

on topic : 2006 is Axl's year. Not 2007.

Edited by Axingn'r

Its all set for GN'R

just think about the promotion we can have.

"Its been 20 year since theyr first album, Appetite For Destruction, it the shelves. But now be ready for CHINESE DEMOCRACY. The album you have been waiting for for over a decade."

Something in those lines.

Chinese Demoracy hits the shelves around March(6ht?) We will geth a Asia tour and after/before we will have a new Europe tour.

Chinese Democracy, the touring and Guns N' Roses is gonna blow eveyrone away in 07'!

in your dreams :rofl-lol:

new acts will lead the way-not poor cover bands,

wrong Chris Axl, they're gonna tour Australia before they go to europe AGAIN

don't be greedy now