T.W.A.T could replace Paradise City

Ridin' the Nightrain

I'm gona take a lot of shit for this, but fuck it.

TWAT is by far my favourite of the leaks. It's not because the lyrics or anything are that amazing, but because of the solo at the end. Granted - the two times they played it live they hardly nailed it to perfection, but I still thought it was a strong performance.

I know people fear change (WTTJ always as opener, PC always as the closer), as does Axl it seems to some degree, but if he were to overhaul the setlist I'd really like TWAT given a chance to close the show.

Watch the Hammerstein peformance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKPVQhKhduc

Ok, Axl really doesn't impress on it for the most part, I know. But it was the first time live so cut him some slack for that. Imagine hearing this live after the band have rehearsed it to death, and Axl can sing it as good as the other songs.

Personally, the end line after the huge (and absolutely amazing) solo dies down gives me shivers everytime. I only listen to that version because the actual leak lacks it. Moreso than that - listen to the crowd. They go fucking nuts. If more people knew it then the reception for it would be better, and then you'd have a perfect show closer.

I know I'll be in the minority of thinking this, but I thought I'd get some views. :)

TWAT is closer to Estranged and November Rain than to Paradise City as a song....

Would Estranged or November Rain be a good closer ? I doubt it.

TWAT has a much more rock n roll vibe than either of those. Really guitar heavy and epic in rock n roll terms, not piano epic.

The guitar solo seems perfect to close the show to me personally.

TWAT is closer to Estranged and November Rain than to Paradise City as a song....

Would Estranged or November Rain be a good closer ? I doubt it.

TWAT has a much more rock n roll vibe than either of those. Really guitar heavy and epic in rock n roll terms, not piano epic.

The guitar solo seems perfect to close the show to me personally.

You can't ever close a show on a guitar solo. Paradise City is the perfect closer and I wouldn't want any other song over it.

He should never ever open with anything other than Jungle or close with anything other than Paradise City. Period.

Other than that, yeah, he should change stuff. I'm not a guy in bumfuck Iowa who doesn't go to the show like he says. I went 3 times this year, and the first 7 or 8 songs of the set are almost always the same. (Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, You Could Be Mine, and Heaven's Door...always the set openers, that could and will change I'm sure).

Part of what made me love Guns to begin with was the random setlists they did. They always closed with PC, but other than that and a few other consistencies, almost anything was possible.

But um, TWAT to close the show? No.

Perhaps switch it with Madagascar as the encore opener...but not the show closer.

You close a big rock show with an uplifting song (with a BANG so to speak), TWAT isn't exactly happy. You can't drop a shitload of confetti and have shower sparks going during TWAT to close the show.

My opinion.

personally, I wouldn't mind if TWAT replaced either IRS or Better as one of the new songs of the set.

They have to find someone who can play the final solo first....

waw

i sure laughed hard on that one... :rolleyes:

a medium guitarist can play that solo

good post sterileeyes :)

Edited by Tase

I hate to admit it but by the 5th and 6th shows this year I started using KOHD, the extreme etended version, to refresh my beer stash and go to the ladies room. I know some won't agree but I think removing this tune could make room for 2 more songs.

But I agree Jungle is the best opener and PC for the finish. Anything in between I would love to see switched up and TWAT should definitely become a permanent part of the set. Even maybe as part of the finale, just not the final encore itself.

with all respect for new songs but...

TWAT doesnt have the fast and furious end

like paradise city...

I think most of the people for the end song

want something that will kick the fuck out of them

and PC is perfect - fast and furious !!!

as someone said and I agree with them :

1) TWAT is more like Estranged or November rain

2) Axl has to burried AFD - not possible for a fucking

million times,years,whatever,just name it...