Whats up with axls voice in Chinese Democracy? - Download Festival

War Of The Roses

when he trys to hit the high notes, his voice struggles and it sounds like his rasp is blown out,

im currenly uploading the download mp3 and i really am worrying for his voice as this mp3 shows how tense his voice is,

whats wierd is, when you are far away like in the audience yuo hear his voice better, like in "better" his voice is the typical raspy

but in this mp3 his high pitched voice is just blown out, I think it was just for this song his voice went tits up, atleast i hope :confused:

http://download.yousendit.com/E214A756259936CD

Edited by The Snatcher Of The Pie

His voice was patchy to say the least at that show.

I was there, and out of the 4 I went to he really didn't impress for the most part. It was an average gig at best (in comparison to Hammersmith, Sheffield and Manchester which were MINDBLOWING). I still enjoyed it, but I feel sorry for anyone who ONLY saw them at Download. It would've given off a very average impression about a great band.

It sounds to me as though some sort of equipment is changing the tone of Axl's voice (there's something going on for sure - listen for the echo's etc.)

In the 2002 promo "Chinese Democracy" vocals were distorted and industrial sounding, i think they are just trying to emulate that with some sound equipment version, just my thoughts.

It sounds to me as though some sort of equipment is changing the tone of Axl's voice (there's something going on for sure - listen for the echo's etc.)

In the 2002 promo "Chinese Democracy" vocals were distorted and industrial sounding, i think they are just trying to emulate that with some sound equipment version, just my thoughts.

and i think you're fuckin crazy

when he trys to hit the high notes, his voice struggles and it sounds like his rasp is blown out,

im currenly uploading the download mp3 and i really am worrying for his voice as this mp3 shows how tense his voice is,

whats wierd is, when you are far away like in the audience yuo hear his voice better, like in "better" his voice is the typical raspy

but in this mp3 his high pitched voice is just blown out, I think it was just for this song his voice went tits up, atleast i hope :confused:

I always think what you just said whenever I hear this song.

Yeah he was worn out. Especially at Download, they had a rough time there. A few songs sounded great from that show, like Better.

I'm just happy Axl sounds fine now. That's all that matters.