I hate Apple!

Maddergascar

i hate apple, and as with most things i have come to moan here about it.

i'm looking for some way of syncing my media library with an iPod; unfortunately it's all in wmas, which apple has decided they don't like. so i need to be able to convert the files at the same time as syncing them (whilst retaining media info); though i want to be able to keep the music on my hard drive in wmas, because they're smaller, and i don't want to use iTunes if I can help it

someone must have the same problem as me; how did you approach it?

i know, i know, a non-apple mp3 player would have been much easier, but it was a gift and the store doesn't do anything else. i truly detest appple; why can't they just make their players work like every other usb device on the market, instead of ramming this dumbed down interface down our throats?

Guest Jack_the_ripper
i hate apple, and as with most things i have come to moan here about it.

i'm looking for some way of syncing my media library with an iPod; unfortunately it's all in wmas, which apple has decided they don't like. so i need to be able to convert the files at the same time as syncing them (whilst retaining media info); though i want to be able to keep the music on my hard drive in wmas, because they're smaller, and i don't want to use iTunes if I can help it

someone must have the same problem as me; how did you approach it?

i know, i know, a non-apple mp3 player would have been much easier, but it was a gift and the store doesn't do anything else. i truly detest appple; why can't they just make their players work like every other usb device on the market, instead of ramming this dumbed down interface down our throats?

why don't you want to use itunes? it'll automatically convert the files from WMA's to Ipod friendly files.

Software to stay away from: AOL, Apple Microsoft, Real Networks.

WMA compression sucks, Apple's AAC is 1000 times better.

God, I love Apple. :wub:

WMA does sucks but Apple did not develop ACC it doesnt make their software any better.

I don't care if they developed it or not, they use and it's all that matters. Plus, iTunes is way better, simpler and more organized than that... thing called Windows Media Player. And if you want to watch videos, download Winamp, also way better than WMP.

• 2 weeks later...

Converting from WMA would result in rubbish quality files. I don't know how much music you've got but I'd personally make a start ripping back all the CD's to MP3 in iTunes...

MP3 is the best format since its widely accepted by all. Just think - some poor sod out there got a Zune for christmas and has all their files in iTunes in AAC :P

I'm having the same problem here. I wasn't using itunes and now I have to too, as I 've bought an ipod nano. I'm so fucking bored to convert all my music files!! <_<

What do you mean? I use itunes for years now... it converts the song when you transfert them only.

And it' really easy to get your song from your ipod and transfert them back to mp3 on your hd

I'm having the same problem here. I wasn't using itunes and now I have to too, as I 've bought an ipod nano. I'm so fucking bored to convert all my music files!! <_<

What do you mean? I use itunes for years now... it converts the song when you transfert them only.

And it' really easy to get your song from your ipod and transfert them back to mp3 on your hd

I know it's not difficult but it takes time when you have so many mp3s. And the problem for me is also that most of them don't have the right tags. So I have to change the tags first.

I'm a bit lazy I guess... :drevil:

I know it's not difficult but it takes time when you have so many mp3s. And the problem for me is also that most of them don't have the right tags. So I have to change the tags first.

I guess! So actually you're the one to hate ;)

I guess! So actually you're the one to hate ;)

Ι never said I hate it... just that I'm bored having to do that! ;)

I 'm actually in love with my new ipod nano :wub:

and yeah I guess too that the blame is on me! :P

I have never had a problem with mine. AAC is a better version of .wma - and there are plenty of free converters out there anyway, so as long as it isn't copy protected there isn't a problem. IMHO, iTunes is one of the best pieces of software for sorting out tracks, etc. Certainly, some of the tools it provides are invaluble.

I prefer WMP, it's just what I'm used to. I tried using iTunes for a while and I just dont see why I should bother. WMP is easy to use, works on me mp3 players so I dont really see the point in converting to something I don't like anyways. Ya I'm bored...

the problem with windows media files, for audio, is that I think support for them is on its way out (aside from microsoft) and in a few years you may find yourself stuck with a collection of worthless files. Although mp3s are not the best quality audio, they are a safe bet for now. Itll suck tho whenever we all switch to the next audio format, and people have thousands and thousands of mp3s, and they are just inferior...