Most important bands for punk?

Wando

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can understand what people are saying about bands from the 60s like The Stooges really being the godfathers of it all but to me When i think about punk rock The Sex Pistols are the first band i think of because they are the band that opened my eyes and ears to punk. These are the bands that i consider to be fantastic and important punk bands in no particular order.

The Sex Pistols

The Clash

The Damned

The Ramones

The Buzzcocks

Dead Kennedys

Siouxsie And The Banshees

Green Day

The Misfits

Jello Biafra was influenced by Alice??...I didn't know that!...cool!!

I'm a huge Jello/DK fan...so that makes perfect sense to me.

Many of Jello's lyrics are intended mockeries and a piss take,while shining a spotlight on serious and debatable topics.

Alice did the same thing with songs like Dead Babies..

i usta know a coupla places where i could quote it but the main one i remember now is in punk attitude he says something along the lines of we took the horror of alice cooper but made it about real stuffs, instead of vampires n shit it was police brutality etc

Yeah Jello was a massive fan! I've heard the quote you've mentioned before too. I also remember hearing on one of his spoken word solo albums where he talked briefly about Alice Cooper being his first rock concert and how blown away he was by it. He then claimed that the democratic convention he crashed was trying to replicate a rock show in the most contrived, revolting way possible (even including "Tipper Rocks" chants, notice the irony) and stated "Al Gore, you are no Alice Cooper" hehe.

i can understand what people are saying about bands from the 60s like The Stooges really being the godfathers of it all but to me When i think about punk rock The Sex Pistols are the first band i think of because they are the band that opened my eyes and ears to punk. These are the bands that i consider to be fantastic and important punk bands in no particular order.

The Sex Pistols

The Clash

The Damned

The Ramones

The Buzzcocks

Dead Kennedys

Siouxsie And The Banshees

Green Day

The Misfits

agreed! :) except I never heard of Siouxsie And The Banshees and I have been told The Velvet Underground have been the godfathers of Punk I could br wrong though.

Edited by Death Star

In 1977, there was also some punk rock in Belgium. This guy is called Plastic Bertrand. He sings in French and this song was a huge hit ! I just wanted to let you know... :xmasssanta:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rulVH5peat0

This version is even better : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXDvLc2Eoko

I remember PB...and I remember that song