At what age?

pain cake

At what age should rockers put down their electric guitars and pick up the acoustic for good and mellow out? I first pondered this question when I watched a live video of Neil Young, 60 odd with his mutton chops and hair down to his collar stomping around with his gibson les paul - he looked rediculous. What other artists like this are there? Or do you disagree and think that geriatric rockers from the 60's and 70's can still rock out?

rock.jpg

At what age should rockers put down their electric guitars and pick up the acoustic for good and mellow out? I first pondered this question when I watched a live video of Neil Young, 60 odd with his mutton chops and hair down to his collar stomping around with his gibson les paul - he looked rediculous. What other artists like this are there? Or do you disagree and think that geriatric rockers from the 60's and 70's can still rock out?

rock.jpg

Neil Young can rock with his gibsons for a couple of more decades

rock.jpg

Aerosmith.. steven Tyler's kinda at the point where if he was a normal dude, he'd be your weird creepy uncle that nobody leaves the kids with and has to be on the other side of the fence when any kids come around.. and the rest of the band is like his pedophile friends that he goes to the movies with to wtach disney movies

Or do you disagree and think that geriatric rockers from the 60's and 70's can still rock out?

Go to an Aerosmith show and you'll see that they still rock after all these years.

No dude, aerosmith really needs to let it go.. or stop with the sexual undertones because seriously, it's creepy.. it's like being molested via headphones or stereo...

Rock and roll is still relatively young in the grand scheme of things,only now are certain musicians able to test the waters of age and longevity.

My personal opinion on it?....you should be so lucky to be that cool when you're 60.

(what's your dad doing tonight??)

Fuck did anyone actually READ my first post? I wasn't saying GIVE IT UP, I was saying mellow out and maybe go acoustic for good cause a 60 odd year old guy with long hair and sideburns stomping around with his gibson les paul is not a pretty sight.

Fuck did anyone actually READ my first post? I wasn't saying GIVE IT UP, I was saying mellow out and maybe go acoustic for good cause a 60 odd year old guy with long hair and sideburns stomping around with his gibson les paul is not a pretty sight.

I think most people did and disagreed with you.

Or do you disagree and think that geriatric rockers from the 60's and 70's can still rock out?

Go to an Aerosmith show and you'll see that they still rock after all these years.

No dude, aerosmith really needs to let it go.. or stop with the sexual undertones because seriously, it's creepy.. it's like being molested via headphones or stereo...

erm if they make you feel that way you really shouldn't listen to them.

• 3 weeks later...

i think it depends on who it is and what kinda music they're trying to play. i dont wanna see some old geezer tryin to rock like he;s 20 again. but an electricguitar doesnt mean he's still trying to hard. i wouldnt tell clapton to ever put down his strat.