My band doing Madagascar....

...first time ever. We had just listened to the song once (Pittsburgh '02), and I'm the big GNR fan so not everyone knows this stuff like me. You can hear me kind of directing when the bridge happens. On a good day I can hit those notes better (I'm the one singing) , but it's just ONE take towards the end of a 2 hour practice. I know I said "forgive them who" instead of "forgive them that".

The bass player is off a bit during the bridge, and the guitarist (just ONE) is very young but learning quickly. Drums are miced with only one cheap mic, and we're definately going to work on the drum arrangement. The ending just sort of happened, as at that point we obviously knew weren't going to end it "correctly".

All in all I like it. It's just a start, and it will improve greatly. Recorded and mixed live right off the board, we definately need to mic the drums out better and record multitrack - but I'm happy where we're at for now.

Get it by right clicking and choosing "save target as" below.

07_Madagascar.mp3

Thanks - your comments and criticism are encouraged.......

Thanks for the comments. We also do Slither and Mr Brownstone, but they are kind of bastardized versions right now. I've also just started recording the sessions a little better (i.e. with a Behringer mixer), so all previous recordings sound like ass because they're just one distorting microphone. I'll dig up some other stuff and post it.

Yes, we will work on the song - and I will post the newer versions. That was our first time ever playing it completely as a band, so it obviously needs work. Our drummer is awesome (even if the recording is bad), we'll work on some rhythym fills for the verses, and get her other parts more accurate. Our keyboardist is also fantastic, he'll get it nailed to a T by the time we're done. I was originally gonna play bass while singing on this one, but we've just got a new guy. Our guitarist like I said is young and learning, but he's getting better every jam so I'm hopeful.

Honestly I could multitrack these recordings and perfect them (vocals, etc.) but I want it as perfect as possible with a LIVE band.

Very cool. Love this cover. The singer sounds like a cross between Axl and the guy from the Animals. Ace work.
Wow, Axl Rose and Eric Burden - thanks for the compliment. I've actually seen Eric's second band War live, of course without Eric!

Thanks everyone for the positive comments! We're not a GNR cover-band perse, but we have done Guns (old and new), VR and STP. I suppose if we add some old NIN, some Filter and some "Army of Anyone" we'll run the risk of ripping a hole in the time-space continuum, seeing as all 6 of those bands somehow intertwine with one another.

I'm going to make a mix MP3 of me doing some other Guns-related stuff, most of it will be Kareoke with a few newer bits with the band thrown in. I'll do that soon, hopefully tonight if I have the time.

...first time ever. We had just listened to the song once (Pittsburgh '02), and I'm the big GNR fan so not everyone knows this stuff like me. You can hear me kind of directing when the bridge happens. On a good day I can hit those notes better (I'm the one singing) , but it's just ONE take towards the end of a 2 hour practice. I know I said "forgive them who" instead of "forgive them that".

The bass player is off a bit during the bridge, and the guitarist (just ONE) is very young but learning quickly. Drums are miced with only one cheap mic, and we're definately going to work on the drum arrangement. The ending just sort of happened, as at that point we obviously knew weren't going to end it "correctly".

All in all I like it. It's just a start, and it will improve greatly. Recorded and mixed live right off the board, we definately need to mic the drums out better and record multitrack - but I'm happy where we're at for now.

Get it by right clicking and choosing "save target as" below.

07_Madagascar.mp3

Thanks - your comments and criticism are encouraged.......

That was ausome! I wish you were in my band, lol. But the vocals and drums are great, the distortion makes it sound really good. Great job.

rock4