New NIN album slated for April '07

Estranged Reality

Trent has supposedly claimed it's an album about the end of the world. So it's a concept record. He said it's unlike anything else he's done, and nothing like With Teeth.

I dunno, I thought With Teeth was their best album. It was the catchiest, it had the best lyrics and beats. (I love The Hand That Feeds.) It also sounded mature and more advanced than some of the early stuff, which I'm not a fan of. Sounded more like a band than a one-man show as per previous releases.

But I'm truly excited about this next one. A concept album about the end of our existence from NIN...interesting, to say the least.

So, Chinese Democracy, Libertad and Year Zero. Three albums I'm hyped for.

From Wikipedia:

The term Year Zero, applied to the takeover of Cambodia in 1975 by the Khmer Rouge, is an analogy to the Year One of the French Revolutionary Calendar. During the French Revolution, after the abolition of the French monarchy (September 20, 1792), the National Convention instituted a new calendar and declared the beginning of the Year I. The Khmer Rouge takeover of Phnom Penh was rapidly followed by a series of drastic revolutionary policies vastly exceeding those of the French Reign of Terror.

Naomi Klein argues that the U.S. policies subsequent to the 2003 invasion of Iraq constitute a "year zero" strategy.

Click me.

Also, on the last leg of the With Teeth tour, they were selling lithos, and every single one had war imagery.

(Click the little pictures to see the lithos)

I have the blue one next to "Irivin_ca" on my wall. ^_^

Beyond this, Trent announced the title the same day Bush was giving a speech to America on his new plan for Iraq.

He also said on the spiral that this isn't a hip-hop album, and that it doesn't have Flavor Flav on it. :huh::lol:

I'd like to see them on their next tour. Anyone know if they're playing Philly? I don't have access to their website since I'm not a member and didn't see any tour info on Wiki.

They have a website for non-paying people too... :huh::lol:

www.nin.com

Tour dates:

www.nin.com/tour

They haven't announced any U.S. tour dates yet. I think they're doing Japan after Europe, so we might have to wait a while. <_<