Similar bands to the new line up of Guns N' Roses?

mikesmfc

Tommy Stinson's album "Village Gorilla Head" has a lot of the GN'R line-up in it, including Richard Fortus and Dizzy Reed.

Although I wouldn't say it sounds like GN'R. :huh:

Nine Inch Nails, over time, has had 2 GN'R members (Robin Finck and Josh Freese). And they've both had Sean Beavan as a producer. :huh:

The Ghosts of Mars Soundtrack has Robin Finck and Buckethead.

But again, none of these really sound like GN'R. :unsure:

Although, we haven't actually heard a lot of "new" GN'Rs songs, so...

I've found that very few bands sound like other bands.

True

In a way, that's not true. Have you heard any of these pop-"punk" bands? Have you heard some of the modern "rock" bands? Well, they all sound EXACTLY the same.

And to stay on topic, I can't think of any bands with a similar sound to NuGNR. But, that's good. We don't want them to sound like other people. It means that they are more creative if they sound different! :)

I've found that very few bands sound like other bands.

True

In a way, that's not true. Have you heard any of these pop-"punk" bands? Have you heard some of the modern "rock" bands? Well, they all sound EXACTLY the same.

And to stay on topic, I can't think of any bands with a similar sound to NuGNR. But, that's good. We don't want them to sound like other people. It means that they are more creative if they sound different! :)

amen to that, they all sound completly the same, BAD.

This is quite intriguing now that I think about it. Taking something like Better as a typical gnr song, no other band makes the same kind of industrial tinged rock. Yes there's NIN, but they're much more hard core and don't even use guitars all that much. Personally I absolutely love the modern tone that the gnr guitarists have, and I'm constantly trying to emulate it.

This is quite intriguing now that I think about it. Taking something like Better as a typical gnr song, no other band makes the same kind of industrial tinged rock. Yes there's NIN, but they're much more hard core and don't even use guitars all that much. Personally I absolutely love the modern tone that the gnr guitarists have, and I'm constantly trying to emulate it.

Better is not really indus. After the first two minutes, it sounds as Limp Bizkit and numetal imo.

Edited by Axingn'r