Rust in Peace - Megadeth

FunkyMonk

Fuckin' amazing album. Technical brilliance on every track.

This album is just awesome, in the least it is easily on par with Metallica's three great albums, and at the most it is a lot better...depends who you ask I guess.

There's no real way you can have a 'Deth thread without comparing them to Metallica, so whatever.

Everything on this album is great, except maybe My Creation...but it's still alright. Some of the most intense guitar work (take Hanger 18 for example). Friedman is just a god. It seems a lot of people think that Mustaine is lead :huh:, but whatever. The bass is really good too, especially on Take No Prisoners. They should have ended the album on Rust in Peace...Polaris, cause that is just a great song with an awesome climax. No-one does those kinds of song endings like Megadeth.

Not really much else I can say :P Discuss peoples.

Guest knerken

It's a great album, but I prefer Countdown To Extinction. Rust has a better sound, but Countdown has better songs. And yeah, Megadeth is way better than Metallica - De(a)th to Metallica! :P

You must have the remastered version if it ends with My Creation.

The original ends with Rust in peace.

But yeah man I'm with you. One of the best albums ever.

I hope that line up gets back together one more time.

Edited by Ace Spade

You must have the remastered version if it ends with My Creation.

The original ends with Rust in peace.

But yeah man I'm with you. One of the best albums ever.

Oh really? That's awesome. I always thought it was weird to end on it rather than Rust in Peace.

..now that would be bloody cool!

Hell yeah! Just for one show.. that I could see of course!

Problem is, the rift between Mustaine and Dave Ellefson is of Slash-Axl proportions.

Rust in Peace is one of my favourite albums ever. Simply perfect.

..now that would be bloody cool!

Hell yeah! Just for one show.. that I could see of course!

Problem is, the rift between Mustaine and Dave Ellefson is of Slash-Axl proportions.

Rust in Peace is one of my favourite albums ever. Simply perfect.

Dave Jr. is great and all, but get Marty back. Terrific metal guitarist.

I think Marty's making instrumental albums now. Same way all super-gifted guitarists go. Just cut out the singing and be a lot happier I guess...

And anyway, Dave did try to get him involved in The System Has Failed, but he wasn't interested.

They still did get Chris Poland for help though, and he's great too. Although, I prefer Marty personally.

I think Marty's making instrumental albums now. Same way all super-gifted guitarists go. Just cut out the singing and be a lot happier I guess...

And anyway, Dave did try to get him involved in The System Has Failed, but he wasn't interested.

Introduction is awesome, up there with some of steve vai and joe satriani's best. Instrumental albums can be great if you can express yourself with a guitar as well as play the shit out of it.