Best frontman of all time?

Kissable Kate

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh oh OH!!! GG Allin!!

Taking a dump on stage,rolling around in it and chasing people out of a bar with a handful of shit doesn't make for a great front man! :tongue2:

frontmen for me primarily are about personality, about presence, about being challenging, being orignal, breaking from the mould. he confronted his audience in a way no one has done before or since. i think he was truly unique.

oh oh OH!!! GG Allin!!

Taking a dump on stage,rolling around in it and chasing people out of a bar with a handful of shit doesn't make for a great front man! :tongue2:

Nor does beating and raping women or encouraging fans to participate in the same acts of cruelty.

That guy was completely sick. He went on Springer justifying horrible actions by claiming it's the true spirit of rock n' roll. Rape, murder, group beatings, kidnapping, self-mutilation - that's rock n' roll? I don't think so.

oh oh OH!!! GG Allin!!

Nor does beating and raping women or encouraging fans to participate in the same acts of cruelty.

That guy was completely sick. He went on Springer justifying horrible actions by claiming it's the true spirit of rock n' roll. Rape, murder, group beatings, kidnapping, self-mutilation - that's rock n' roll? I don't think so.

i wasnt tryna morally justify his actions. just point out that as a frontman he was unique and orignal and therefore, good. existentialist insanity.

He went on Springer justifying horrible actions by claiming it's the true spirit of rock n' roll. Rape, murder, group beatings, kidnapping, self-mutilation - that's rock n' roll? I don't think so.

Link

"If you get raped at one of my shows you'll probably be better off" :rofl-lol:

What a cock.

ur missing the point!!! its performance art :):):) u dont hafta be a good person to be a good frontman

Edited by frankwhite

I just think it's a bit of a larf.

exactly :):):)!!! some people get all like, moral about it while at the same time being fans of bands like The Misfits who write lyrics like "i got somethin to say, i killed a baby today and it doesnt matter much to me as long as its dead". that wasnt directed at anyone btw but i bet my ball bags its relevant to quite a few.

Edited by frankwhite

• 3 weeks later...

Axl is not above Freddie Mercury. He could really get a crowd going. And his voice was far superior.

And thanks for the GG Allin link.

Audience member: If a woman at one of your concerts tried to leave, would you let her leave or rape her?

GG Allin: Depends how fast I can get to her.

:rofl-lol:

Edited by kevdo242