Me playing the Hotel California guitar solo

U´re as bad as Slash.

Joked. :D Funny to watch that. Why I actually came up with that Slash joke was because you have the same style of playing. U handle that blues scale well and put those bendings in between can be harder then it sounds.. But played at some parts a little sloppy, parts that I consider more easy then those you nailed or almost nailed.. Just as Slash. And I KNEW you were a fucking guitarist!! :P

EDIT* Though you have a little practise before you enter Slashs level, but once again GREAT!

Edited by shootingstar

U´re as bad as Slash.

Joked. :D Funny to watch that. Why I actually came up with that Slash joke was because you have the same style of playing. U handle that blues scale well and put those bendings in between can be harder then it sounds.. But played at some parts a little sloppy, parts that I consider more easy then those you nailed or almost nailed.. Just as Slash. And I KNEW you were a fucking guitarist!! :P

EDIT* Though you have a little practise before you enter Slashs level, but once again GREAT!

Thanks a lot man. I actually like the sloppyness in general, it sounds so much more natural. But for a song like this it probably isnt the best thing, a bend that is too weak or strong can really fuck up a smooth solo like Hotel California.

And thanks to everyone else, I really appreciate it. :)

what dont you like about it, axlslash?

Edited by sweetness

I can't stand the Eagles in general. They're too AM radio for me. So quiet and smoothe. I have nothing against quiet and smoothe, even, there's just some quality to them that I don't like. It's an intangible thing, but its there and I cant take em.

Plus the intro to HC is something that you would hear over the PA at a grocery store.

I can't stand the Eagles in general. They're too AM radio for me. So quiet and smoothe. I have nothing against quiet and smoothe, even, there's just some quality to them that I don't like. It's an intangible thing, but its there and I cant take em.

Plus the intro to HC is something that you would hear over the PA at a grocery store.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I dont know many people who like the Eagles but I think theyre pretty cool, I guess they just didnt rock hard enough.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I dont know many people who like the Eagles but I think theyre pretty cool, I guess they just didnt rock hard enough.

A lot of it is also their attitudes. Watching vids of their past few tours they all looked bored out of their minds. There's a difference between simply standing or even still (as Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, BB King all do now) and being bored, and these guys are just bored. They don't seem to care. Retrospectively that puts a bit of a negative light on how I look at em overall.

That not withstanding, I don't like the music on its own merits either.

Seems very good, but when you fingers were up around the 20th fret area for the first time, it sounded like the guitar itself was struggling. But down at the 12 fret area the melody was alot cleaner ie. flowed better, not screeching.

But practice makes perfect....:)

How long you been playing sweetness??

Edited by Sn@kebite

Ive been playing for a year

But yeah, I mess up the hihger parts of this solo a lot. The timeing is off and I miss some notes, but Ive been working at it more since I recorded this video and its sounding better.

You could always buy a tremolo bar if you're shit at finger bends, the bar is supposed to be easier for novices, but i think finger bends look more professional:)

But yeah, I mess up the hihger parts of this solo a lot. The timeing is off and I miss some notes, but Ive been working at it more since I recorded this video and its sounding better.

You could always buy a tremolo bar if you're shit at finger bends, the bar is supposed to be easier for novices, but i think finger bends look more professional:)

... No you can't.

It's a completly different sound and effect.

... No you can't.

It's a completly different sound and effect.

Yeah it is, I have one but I dont really like it.

Are my bends really that bad? :unsure: