new browser

wink

any ideas?

ie 7 sucks

mozilla, starting to suck

I don't want to be inundated with crap

some little obscure one that does it's job and doesn't get hijacked would be awesome.

Edited by wink

any ideas?

ie 7 sucks

some little obscure one that does it's job and doesn't get hijacked would be awesome.

Neither IE or FF "get hijacked" if you know what you're doing and keep your OS patched and protected with antivirus/antispam.

any ideas?

ie 7 sucks

Neither IE or FF "get hijacked" if you know what you're doing and keep your OS patched and protected with antivirus/antispam.

i respectfully disaggree with you there jack, IE can be hijacked and i have had it happen to me and i keep a clean system.

all the updates availible, spyware and virus every 2 days and IE still got hijacked.

try Maxthon. its similar to ie but imo runs faster, isnt as clustered and you can open at least 12 tabs at once (why youd need that many at once i dont know). it automatically imports your favourites, i dont lknow about bookmarks cause ive never used them. and when you close the browser you can tick one of the boxes and when you open it the next time you will be on the exact same pages only up to date.

any ideas?

ie 7 sucks

i respectfully disaggree with you there jack, IE can be hijacked and i have had it happen to me and i keep a clean system.

all the updates availible, spyware and virus every 2 days and IE still got hijacked.

I have to respectfully disagree with ssiscool - my IE has never been hijacked once in the whole time I have had an internet connection (about 9 years).

But to answer the question in hand - try Opera. If not, then Maxthon.

any ideas?

ie 7 sucks

I have to respectfully disagree with ssiscool - my IE has never been hijacked once in the whole time I have had an internet connection (about 9 years).

But to answer the question in hand - try Opera. If not, then Maxthon.

its only happened to me once but after that i switched to opera

any ideas?

ie 7 sucks

Then your computer wasn't properly protected. All this anti-Microsoft talk gets on my nerves. Of course IE can be hacked - but so can Firefox, Opera and any other browser you have on your computer.

If you keep a secure system with a firewall and updated antispyware/virus filters, then your chances of getting hacked are second to none. No hacker is going to waste their time with you if you have a decent level of security. They go for either easy or "important" targets.