Van Halen, Sex Pistols, Police, and

DirtyDeeds

Yes, the Led Zeppelin reunion rumors are circulating. I heard it on the radio today, WXBZ, The Buzzard in Greensboro. It was first announced by WFBQ Indianapolis today, a very major rock station. I looked on the Zeppelin forum. WFBQ says they got the report from the AP.

If this is true.... killer.....

Yes, the Led Zeppelin reunion rumors are circulating. I heard it on the radio today, WXBZ, The Buzzard in Greensboro. It was first announced by WFBQ Indianapolis today, a very major rock station. I looked on the Zeppelin forum. WFBQ says they got the report from the AP.

If this is true.... killer.....

It'd be good to see a reunion that included John Paul Jones. He's been sadly overlooked on Plant and Page's most recent forays.

I'd also love to see another Jimmy Page and Black Crowes stint. Their last live performances were great.

I really hope they don't. it will be nothing more than a cash grab and will only tarnish their legacy.

I doubt it. None of them seem terribly interested in money from any public evidence I've seen over the past years. They all continue happily with their musical careers, none of them terribly successful in the money department, because they don't want them to be. They like to experiment. Maybe if they did it they'd just like to reward fans who haven't seen them in 28 years. There are a lot of die-hard fans now that weren't born early enough to see them.

Not everything is a cash grab. However, the Van Halen reunion very well may be, at least from the VH brothers standpoint. But let's not talk of that, there's another topis for that.

You seem like quite the optimist Deeds. If they do indeed record an album of ground breaking material I will tip my hat to you. If any fans you never got the chance to seem them live feel like they've missed out, pick up there DVD I guarantee it is better than any reunion tour could be.

You seem like quite the optimist Deeds. If they do indeed record an album of ground breaking material I will tip my hat to you. If any fans you never got the chance to seem them live feel like they've missed out, pick up there DVD I guarantee it is better than any reunion tour could be.

The DVD is boring as all hell. However, I did see 1/4 of Led Zeppelin last year (Robert Plant), and had one hell of a time, whereas I snooze through the DVD. Any rock fan should know that concert DVDs don't get you within a light year of the real thing, even if the new version of the real thing isn't quite what it used to be.

And you want good new material? I promise you they can do it. Check out their solo stuff, ESPECIALLY the newer solo stuff.

The DVD is boring as all hell.

well, i guess everyone's entitled to their opinion, but i think that Zep DVD is just about the best music DVD to ever be released. how can anyone not like the Earl's Court stuff? you're not talking about "The Song Remains The Same" are you? 'cause that one is sub-par. but this one:

cvr_dvd2.jpg

...is the shiznit!!!

well, i guess everyone's entitled to their opinion, but i think that Zep DVD is just about the best music DVD to ever be released. how can anyone not like the Earl's Court stuff? you're not talking about "The Song Remains The Same" are you? 'cause that one is sub-par. but this one:

cvr_dvd2.jpg

...is the shiznit!!!

Yeah, I'm talking about that one. It blows. Maybe because it seems to almost only contain all of their B-grade stuff.

it seems to almost only contain all of their B-grade stuff.

what do you consider their "A" grade stuff?

Most of the songs not on that DVD, except for the stuff on In Through the Out Door. Except Fool in the Rain and All My Love, of course. I do like In the Evening, and they played that, a highlight of that DVD.

Any word on who the drummer will be?

I hope they don't add too many extra guitar/keyboard players for the tour, they'll definitely have Plant,Page, Jones and a drummer. Just don't overdo it.

Maybe Jason Bonham or even Dave Grohl.

I'd like to see it, but it seems very unlikely.

cvr_dvd2.jpg

...is the shiznit!!!

Yeah, I'm talking about that one. It blows. Maybe because it seems to almost only contain all of their B-grade stuff.

Yer crazy DD.

cvr_dvd2.jpg

...is the shiznit!!!

Yer crazy DD.

I'll second that, what the fuck?

I hope they don't add too many extra guitar/keyboard players for the tour, they'll definitely have Plant,Page, Jones and a drummer. Just don't overdo it.

Dave Grohl???

ouch!

Dave Grohl???

ouch!

I think he'd fit perfectly. Not as good as Bonham, of course, but he is an amazing drummer, and his playing on QOTSA's Songs For The Deaf proved that.