The Allman Brothers Band

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Such a great, great group. I've only gotten into them recently because of the popular mislabeling they receive. They are basically a Blues band who dig Miles Davis, in short, they are a whole lot like me. I only have At Fillmore East and Eat a Peach, but they are both tremendous.

Simply a brilliant band. They are one of only a handful of bands that rely on improvisation a lot and manage not to become monotonous or boring. I have seen them numerous times in concert and it is always a great experience. I would recommend getting as much live material by these guys as you can starting with the Complete Fillmore Concerts set.

Simply a brilliant band. They are one of only a handful of bands that rely on improvisation a lot and manage not to become monotonous or boring. I have seen them numerous times in concert and it is always a great experience. I would recommend getting as much live material by these guys as you can starting with the Complete Fillmore Concerts set.

I disagree. I think they are boring as hell. Go to a show and they play 6 songs, only they jam on each one for half an hour. Boring boring boring.