Ronson-era Bowie

kevdo242

The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars is my favourite album right now. I've listened to it so many times since I first bought it, and I never get bored of it. The album is so consistent, there is not a weak track on it.

Also, although its not glam in the truest sense, Hunky Dory is also a great album. Great pop songs, and the classic Queen Bitch.

Aladdin Sane is a very good album, and very different from Ziggy Stardust. I love the part in the cover of Lets Spend The Night Together where the music fades and Bowie starts saying 'They said we were too young..'

I havent got Man Who Sold The World yet, but I'll probably buy that whenever I get the chance.

What are your opinions on Ronson-era Bowie? As you can tell, I'm a bit bored.

The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars is my favourite album right now. I've listened to it so many times since I first bought it, and I never get bored of it. The album is so consistent, there is not a weak track on it.

Also, although its not glam in the truest sense, Hunky Dory is also a great album. Great pop songs, and the classic Queen Bitch.

Aladdin Sane is a very good album, and very different from Ziggy Stardust. I love the part in the cover of Lets Spend The Night Together where the music fades and Bowie starts saying 'They said we were too young..'

I havent got Man Who Sold The World yet, but I'll probably buy that whenever I get the chance.

What are your opinions on Ronson-era Bowie? As you can tell, I'm a bit bored.

one my fave musical subjects!

if it's 70s bowie, it's pretty much good. mick ronson was a huge part of the original bowie equation, as was tony visconti.

as far as ronson era bowie is concerned, ziggy is deifintley when the sound itself reached it's pinnacle.

however, if you wanna hear mr ronson go fucking nuts, get man who sold the world. there is sooo much ronson guitar madness on it. ronson also was a big big part of the string arrangements on the early bowie records, and bowie's sound was never wuite the same after he left the group.

funny thing for me is that diamond dogs is my favorite bowie record. it doesnt neccesarily have all his best tunes, but i still like it the best, and this was his first record after ronson left. i do know other huge bowie fans like myself who will attest to the fact that for diamond dogs to be our fave, you have to reeeeallly love bowie.....it's the first record where he really gets into to his low crooner voice....

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
Also, I love the song 'Young Americans'. Would the album be worth getting?

Ah, yes and no. :)

Nothing comes close to the title track, but it's really pretty fun, even if it's fake.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
Out of curiousity, ODS, whats your favourite Bowie album?

I don't have them all, in fact I'm missing some major albums. I have The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, Young Americans, Station to Station, Low, "Heroes", and Lodger (I think that's right, chronologically).

"Heroes" is my favorite. But you need to get Low first if you'd like to get into "Heroes".