New Stooges song (from upcoming album) is online

Estranged Reality

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendID=28857666

It's kinda catchy, and Iggy sounds youthful (surprisingly so), but I don't really like his vocals on the "My idea of fun / Is killing everyone." A bit too whiny compared to some of the more aggressive lyrics he's kicked out in the past - and which I feel would suit the tone of this song more. A guy singing about killing everyone? It's not exactly a tender ballad.

The lyrics may offend some people and I think it seems like they're trying a bit too hard to be their old selves with this song, but I still like it a lot. It's a lot of "fun," I suppose. ;)

(Bad pun. I know.)

That song has been on there for ages. :huh:

Really?!

Rolling Stone's brand new issue that's out reviewed it as a new release single... so I assumed it had just been posted.

Maybe RS is a bit behind the times. Sorry.

Either way, it's a new song considering they've been absent for 33 years or however long it's been. Still worth discussing I hope.

That song has been on there for ages. :huh:

Really?!

Rolling Stone's brand new issue that's out reviewed it as a new release single... so I assumed it had just been posted.

Maybe RS is a bit behind the times. Sorry.

Either way, it's a new song considering they've been absent for 33 years or however long it's been. Still worth discussing I hope.

It's been on there for about 2 weeks now, I know thats not ages, but still. I don't know if it's a single yet, but if RS says that it is, then it probably is. I hope the Stooges make a video clip for it. :krider:

And why are you saying 'Sorry'?!?! :unsure:

he is Ig', if he so feels like it, he CAN kill everyone. that lyric may sound emo in this day and age but its fucking not comin from the worlds forgotten boy that searches and destroys and sends your pretty face to hell. Ig' has always been gloriously juvenile, dont get it twisted!!! Iggy is fucking God, he's like the greatest thing to grace rock n roll and you really cannot...approach how fucking...priceless this man is. anyone else is like so far below Ig' they'd hafta stand on their mothers shoulders just to kiss his ass.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendID=28857666

It's kinda catchy, and Iggy sounds youthful (surprisingly so), but I don't really like his vocals on the "My idea of fun / Is killing everyone." A bit too whiny compared to some of the more aggressive lyrics he's kicked out in the past - and which I feel would suit the tone of this song more. A guy singing about killing everyone? It's not exactly a tender ballad.

The lyrics may offend some people and I think it seems like they're trying a bit too hard to be their old selves with this song, but I still like it a lot. It's a lot of "fun," I suppose. ;)

(Bad pun. I know.)

nice love this band