Grammys

KBear

Thought I'd open a thread for the Grammys tonight. I haven't been following developments closely enough to know if we can rule GN'R out. I just checked the Hookers & Blow site and I do see that they did cancel shows for last night and tonight. Having said that, there doesn't seem to be any buzz regarding GN'R doing anything, so it probably won't happen. As usual, I'll be watching again...just in case.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted a thread about this a few days ago...stating how the Grammys would be the PERFECT place for Axl to introduce some sort of information to the 'who's who' of the music and celebrities. Whether it's simply an appearance and him saying a date, playing 'Better'. or both...he needs to be at This year's grammy's and his presence made visible in order for the the album to be successful. There is nothing bigger in the music industry....not to mention if you intend on releasing an album in the next weeks....actually, it would dumb NOT to make some sort of impact on the grammys. Surely himself or 'new management' has thought about this..................................shit is starting to feel like a lost cause.

Naw, I would think that they would have needed an album out or at least a single for a shot at the grammys...Axlmight introduce someone but I even doubt that.

A8R

Yeah, but if the album is coming out in March or even April ( :rolleyes:, I know) - that is close enough that doing something tonight in front of that kind of audience would be great promotion. I would think GN'R is nuts to pass on an opportunity like this one, unless the album is coming out in the fall or something. And I think tonight is really our indication of that. If the album is coming out in the next couple of months, my feeling is that they will do something tonight. Even if it's not an performance, then at least a commercial, or at least be in the crowd. Something to generate a bit of talk. I think they'd be crazy not to. But if nothing happens then I think we are probably looking at fall, or mid summer at the very earliest.

Edit: My thoughts exactly QuitHiding. They'd be just dumb to pass this up if the album is coming out any time soon.

Edited by KBear

Thought I'd open a thread for the Grammys tonight. I haven't been following developments closely enough to know if we can rule GN'R out. I just checked the Hookers & Blow site and I do see that they did cancel shows for last night and tonight. Having said that, there doesn't seem to be any buzz regarding GN'R doing anything, so it probably won't happen. As usual, I'll be watching again...just in case.

might I suggest tevo? having to sit through that crap in kinda sadistic dont ya think. I would love to see it. Hell, Just Axl being there with a photo op would be nice. But I think tonight will belong to the Police.....and all that crappy ass music that will follow. Nice thought though. Now lets just wait for know it all Madison to spin out a "here we go again" reply. Lets just keep hoping. Remember what Andy Duffraine said "Hope is a good thing, and maybe the best of things."

might I suggest tevo? having to sit through that crap in kinda sadistic dont ya think. I would love to see it. Hell, Just Axl being there with a photo op would be nice. But I think tonight will belong to the Police.....and all that crappy ass music that will follow. Nice thought though. Now lets just wait for know it all Madison to spin out a "here we go again" reply. Lets just keep hoping. Remember what Andy Duffraine said "Hope is a good thing, and maybe the best of things."

Well, I don't have TIVO. Don't even have a VCR right now. My old one broke because those things were all garbage and it makes no sense to waste money on a new one now. May the VCR burn in hell, what a crap piece of technology it was. When I have some cash to burn I'll buy a nice DVD recorder.

But see, I can be optimistic. In fact, when it comes to the music, with Axl I always am. But as you know, with this band music is often in short supply with silence and drama picking up the slack.

Naw, I would think that they would have needed an album out or at least a single for a shot at the grammys...Axlmight introduce someone but I even doubt that.

A8R

Yeah, but if the album is coming out in March or even April ( :rolleyes: , I know) - that is close enough that doing something tonight in front of that kind of audience would be great promotion. I would think GN'R is nuts to pass on an opportunity like this one, unless the album is coming out in the fall or something. And I think tonight is really our indication of that. If the album is coming out in the next couple of months, my feeling is that they will do something tonight. Even if it's not an performance, then at least a commercial, or at least be in the crowd. Something to generate a bit of talk. I think they'd be crazy not to. But if nothing happens then I think we are probably looking at fall, or mid summer at the very earliest.

Edit: My thoughts exactly QuitHiding. They'd be just dumb to pass this up if the album is coming out any time soon.

You're definately right, they would have to be crazy to pass the chance off if the album was coming out in the next month or two. The thing is, as much as it depresses me, I really doubt it will be out in the first half of this year even...

But then again, hookers and blow canceling the shows...I kinda makes ya get a bit anxious, even though you know thats a bad idea with this band. I'll be in front of the TV tonight as well I believe.

A8R

Sorry folks,

With the Police reunion, I won't miss Guns at all (at the Grammy's at least).

To use a fitting old Dexter Holland quote in regards to why all these other huge acts are getting all this attention when this was supposed to be 'Axl's year' - "You snooze, you lose".

People were ready for Chinese Democracy in 2006. He blew it. Someone blew it. Either way, their shot at a comeback is gone for the time being.

Now it's 2007, and The Police, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage and Van Halen w' DLR have all beat Axl to the punch because they did what they had to do to make things happen.

Guns N' Roses will be the last band on anyone's mind at the Grammy's. It's a shame, but that's the way it has unfortunately turned out.

Had things gone better in 2006 as far as getting the record out when they said they would, they could've even been nominated tonight!

..and since there's a ton of 'opinion nazis' on this board, I guess I should point out that I'm not pissed or bitter, I'm waiting like everyone else. I'm just stating facts and personal opinions about the show tonight.

Police + RHCP = my night is complete, no need for GN'R. Tomorrow, however, will be another story.

Edited by SterileEyes

Sorry folks,

With the Police reunion, I won't miss Guns at all (at the Grammy's at least).

To use a fitting old Dexter Holland quote in regards to why all these other huge acts are getting all this attention when this was supposed to be 'Axl's year' - "You snooze, you lose".

People were ready for Chinese Democracy in 2006. He blew it. Someone blew it. Either way, their shot at a comeback is gone for the time being.

Now it's 2007, and The Police, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage and Van Halen w' DLR have all beat Axl to the punch because they did what they had to do to make things happen.

Guns N' Roses will be the last band on anyone's mind at the Grammy's. It's a shame, but that's the way it has unfortunately turned out.

Had things gone better in 2006 as far as getting the record out when they said they would, they could've even been nominated tonight!

..and since there's a ton of 'opinion nazis' on this board, I guess I should point out that I'm not pissed or bitter, I'm waiting like everyone else. I'm just stating facts and personal opinions about the show tonight.

Is it really the year of The Police, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and VH? How many of those bands are releasing a new album? Because if they are not, if they are just touring, then they will be old news pretty fast. A new album, especially a great one, will trump all of that pretty quickly. An album has legs; let's say four singles/videos, and sales all during that span of time. An great album can stay in the news for months and new music gives a band credibility. One off performances or summer tours are great at the start, but they do not hold anyone's attention for long, other than hardcore fans.

BTW, I'd assume the Grammys are at 8pm Eastern. Could be wrong, but isn't that usually how it goes? 8pm to 11pm?

Edited by KBear

Is it really the year of The Police, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and VH? How many of those bands are releasing a new album? Because if they are not, if they are just touring, then they will be old news pretty fast. A new album, especially a great one, will trump all of that pretty quickly. An album has legs; let's say four singles/videos, and sales all during that span of time. An great album can stay in the news for months and new music gives a band credibility. One off performances or summer tours are great at the start, but they do not hold anyone's attention for long, other than hardcore fans.

BTW, I'd assume the Grammys are at 8pm Eastern. Could be wrong, but isn't that usually how it goes? 8pm to 11pm?

You're right to some degree I think as far as albums vs. tours...but at the same time I've been predicting another delay due to all these reunion tour announcements.

I only think so because everytime Rage or Van Halen or whoever announces something big, that dominates the music news headlines for a week...the same way Axl's open letter did in December...for the next month or two, there's all kinds of announcements and events taking place to where they're probably gonna hold off til at least the second half of the year to do anything CD related.

Common Sense says that it is Very Unlikely that this will happen.

-CS

Common Sense says that it is Very Unlikely that this will happen.

-CS

You've made 2 posts, and your gimmicky name is already getting annoying.