Grammys

KBear

The Grammys are a joke. It's not even the equivalent of the Oscars for music. Look at all the musicians who have won and compare that to the musicians over the decades who haven't. Winning one of these awards seriously has ZERO value when it comes to actual musical merit, integrity or longevity. It's predominantly a pop event and a sad excuse for rich idiots to gather and critique each other's fashion sense and masquerade that superficial shit behind a commodified form of art that, for the most part, sounds like utter shit today because of a complete lack of uniqueness and imagination on the part of the "artists" who resort to generic and derivative formulas.

If GNR has anything to do with the Grammys, maybe it'll be a breath of fresh air, but don't count on it. I rather just have the goddamn album and watch them tour the world instead of playing these shitty little mainstream gigs that are only marginally cool because we get pro-shot footage of the band.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I'd open a thread for the Grammys tonight. I haven't been following developments closely enough to know if we can rule GN'R out. I just checked the Hookers & Blow site and I do see that they did cancel shows for last night and tonight. Having said that, there doesn't seem to be any buzz regarding GN'R doing anything, so it probably won't happen. As usual, I'll be watching again...just in case.

Common Sense says that it is Very Unlikely that this will happen.

-CS

You've made 2 posts, and your gimmicky name is already getting annoying.

dude, you my friend should change YOUR name, it is far less cool than CS. Just my two cents.

Thought I'd open a thread for the Grammys tonight. I haven't been following developments closely enough to know if we can rule GN'R out. I just checked the Hookers & Blow site and I do see that they did cancel shows for last night and tonight. Having said that, there doesn't seem to be any buzz regarding GN'R doing anything, so it probably won't happen. As usual, I'll be watching again...just in case.

Common Sense says that it is Very Unlikely that this will happen.

-CS

You've made 2 posts, and your gimmicky name is already getting annoying.

dude, you my friend should change YOUR name, it is far less cool than CS. Just my two cents.

LOL, I second that. CS is definitely needed in this forum.

I have as strange feeling that GnR may perform tonight. I thought it was strange that the guys in the band came all the way to LA to play for the Versace thing. Axl could have just did a solo performance like he did for the Michael J Fox event, but no, he had the guys come to LA just to perform 2 songs. Could this be the night where Axl gets back in the ring for real?

I have as strange feeling that GnR may perform tonight. I thought it was strange that the guys in the band came all the way to LA to play for the Versace thing. Axl could have just did a solo performance like he did for the Michael J Fox event, but no, he had the guys come to LA just to perform 2 songs. Could this be the night where Axl gets back in the ring for real?

It makes you wonder, but I still don't think anything is going to happen tonight.

nice to see the optimism Randy, good thinking as well. Combine that with the cancelled Hookers show and you have a slight chance, but probobly not. I will be periodically checking though. I just hope I dont accidentally see Justin T. He makes me ill.

actually the Peppers sucked..I love them big time but to see them play a ballad at the Grammies was heartbreaking....This used to be a band that was every bit of punk rock as the sex pistols ever were and playing a fuckin ballad at the grammies made me wanna vomit...and as for Axl maybe playing the grammies for 10 million people would have been more impressive than some stupid fashion show for 40 snobs

Edited by jaypayton