Sheet Music of Gn'R

Hi, i just bought all the sheet music of GN'R (except Spaghetti Incident 'cause it was unavailable).

And i just wanted to know about the tabs.

2j5j8mr.jpg

In this picture obviously the number "10" (at the end of the 2nd bar) represents the 10th fret on the neck of the guitar but which string does that one represent? I know you count from the bottom up on a guitar ie. the thickest E string is the 6th string. It's just fucking with my head and i can tell the note is wrong and i tried playing it the other way around and it works, but i just wanted to be sure.

Thanks!!

Edited by Sn@kebite

Hi, i just bought all the sheet music of GN'R (except Spaghetti Incident 'cause it was unavailable).

And i just wanted to know about the tabs.

2j5j8mr.jpg

In this picture obviously the number "10" (at the end of the 2nd bar) represents the 10th fret on the neck of the guitar but which string does that one represent? I know you count from the bottom up on a guitar ie. the thickest E string is the 6th string. It's just fucking with my head and i can tell the note is wrong and i tried playing it the other way around and it works, but i just wanted to be sure.

Thanks!!

e----------------- Thin e

B-------------------

G-----------------

D------------

A-------------

E---------------- Thick E

That's not how I play it, but I'll try it the way the tab does it.

http://www.sleevesmahoney.com/est.wma

Edited by Giblet

thanks Giblet, that's what i thought it was like i just wanted to make sure. Kind of annoying the way you've to think in reverse. Probably one of those thing you get used to.

Place the guitar flat on your lap, and look down, you'll see why it's the way it is.

Place the guitar flat on your lap, and look down, you'll see why it's the way it is.

Yeah it sounds right when you do it, but i think my guitar is out of tune in the first place. I'm so lazy.:)

I know there's a way to tune a guitar by playing low-E on 5th fret and it should sound like an open B-string pluck and so on.. I might look that up and use it, cause i hate my didital tuner sucks the life out of tha Batt.

Edited by Sn@kebite