Which is the best band in your country?

Gallagher Rose

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest knerken

In Norway: Turbonegro, BigBang, Gluecifer, Span, The Hollywood Beauty Queens to mention some..

Australia.... Umm shit whats an Australian band you could consider "good"? :unsure:

Powderfinger are probably the only Australian band I can stand or don't have a major moral problem with

Ac/Dc...?

Anyways... In sweden. Nationalteatern, Eurpoe, Dissection, In Flames, Hel, Yngwie Malmsteen... Some songs with ABBA are great too!

Hellacopters, Backyard Babies, Hardcore Superstar?

From New Zealand:

Scribe (explosive rapper, seriously check this guy out)

Fast Crew (another FUN hip hop group)

I Got (youtube link)

Check out more of their songs at their myspace, especially "It's The Incredible".

Bic Runga (if you liked natalie imbruglia, you should like her)

then from australia, there's powderfinger (great great band, already mentioned), 28 days, grinspoon, lots more but thats my pick.

In Vietnam, I think "Buc tuong" (in English it means the Wall) is the most famous band (although I don't like them best) but I must say that because they have a hugh fan. Check out one of their songs called Nam cham (magnet):

Edited by ptsondr

Australia.... Umm shit whats an Australian band you could consider "good"? :unsure:

Powderfinger are probably the only Australian band I can stand or don't have a major moral problem with

Ac/Dc...?

Anyways... In sweden. Nationalteatern, Eurpoe, Dissection, In Flames, Hel, Yngwie Malmsteen... Some songs with ABBA are great too!

so 3 days ago you hadnt heard of dissection and now they are one of the best eh? :krider:

Well we had a discussion if dissection was blackmetal or a mix of black and heavy metal for a month ago. I didn't say I haven't listen to them. I said I haven't seen How the singer in Crash Diet or Dissection looked like :P

maybe thats how it was

well fucking aweful to thnk crashdiets singer is the singer in dissection

but since you got pretty good music taste I forgive you

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Ac/Dc...?

so 3 days ago you hadnt heard of dissection and now they are one of the best eh? :krider:

Well we had a discussion if dissection was blackmetal or a mix of black and heavy metal for a month ago. I didn't say I haven't listen to them. I said I haven't seen How the singer in Crash Diet or Dissection looked like :P

maybe thats how it was

well fucking aweful to thnk crashdiets singer is the singer in dissection

but since you got pretty good music taste I forgive you

Great! thumbsup.gifsign_you_rock.gif

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
i know, it is a pretty sad situation, theres huge potential here, and im sure the bands wud be succesful if they do get some major record deals,

but the problem is, most indian record labels prefer to sponsor classical indian music, and for some reason the international labels never seem to find these bands interesting, the main reason, they feel only the west can really play the western music,

but to be honest they shud be given a chance,

things are changin though, this band wil be opening for iron maiden in dubai for the desert rock festival, so that shud be a huge canvas for publicity,

and aersomiths comin down to bombay this summer i think,

so if we manage to get more international acts here in india(*hint hint* we re waiting for axl and co :rolleyes:) , and hopefully if the indian labels do notice the encouragement the fans show, we might see a couple of bands making it big,

That's not what I meant at all.

Well the most popualr band in australia right now would be eskimo joe, I dont know anyone that dosn't like this band.

They suck big hairy balls.

Speak for yourself, I happen to like some of their songs. :rolleyes:

Best band in Australia: AC/DC

Does the band have to be from now or whenever?

I'll say Powderfinger as today's best Australian band. I like them, they're pretty awesome. Silverchair are great too.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Canada:

K-OS

VoiVod

Stars

Ron Sexsmith

The Wainwrights

Melissa Auf Der Maur

Sebastian Bach

Buck 65

Robert Charlebois

Tom Cochrane

Leonard Cohen

B.T.O

The Guess Who

The Band

Gordon Lightfoot

Felix Leclerc

Sam Roberts

David Usher

Neil Young

Dumas

There's many more, those are just off the top of my head.

Who's The Hollywood Beauty Queens?

With a name like that, they can only be teenage glam rock wannabes.

Fuck you, it's my band!

But you're right though.. :P

This is another example of this cultural problem I'm talking about. You aren't American, and you've probably never been to Hollywood, why not use your own culture in your music? It belongs to you, you shouldn't just push it aside.

Fuck you, it's my band!

This is another example of this cultural problem I'm talking about. You aren't American, and you've probably never been to Hollywood, why not use your own culture in your music? It belongs to you, you shouldn't just push it aside.

i totally agree and i remember pointing this out to somebody a long time ago to somebody is that why is it that 99% of people sing in like, a faux american accent? this have been prevalent since Elvises time and doesnt look like its gonna change anytime soon. it just reflects SO badly on the other cultures cuz, India as a case in point, u got Ravi Shankar, famous singers like Muhammad Rafi and Lata who have SUCH vocal talent, and pakistan/india have Qawwali, which as a fucking musical form goes, is SOOO groundbreaking in a western context and when properly explored and understood is some of the most timeless music you can concieve and yet all this culture and centuries of music lineage is passed over in favor of a kinda phoney american set up, which is sad. part of the thing i remember dying over in the sex pistols is how unashamedly british they were. i remember first hearing Johnny Rotten (always comes back to this shit with me huh? :rolleyes: ) and thinkin, wow, now we're fucking somewhere!!!

on the flipside, i dont think music particularly belongs to anyone and anyone/everyone should play it but it does COME from somewhere and you should be aware of that and understanding of that. reggae has this same problem. this was like as beautiful a musical form as you can get, REALLY alien to rock n roll and had a million little offshoots like dub reggae, ska, rocksteady and this WEALTH of fucking originality...for a while there in the 70s, Dub was REALLY fuckin out there with Lee Perry and all the shit comin from the ark, and King Tubby et al and the end result of all that cool shit is what, dancehall, and it aint even like the old dancehall now, its just rap with a jamaican accent. fucking tragic if u ask me (and no one did :D)

Fuck you, it's my band!

I know it is kind of lame to name our band after a place none of us have been or have any relation to at all, but even though I should be patriotic an proud of my country's culture, I can't. I'll move away from here as soon as I can. Probably not to Hollywood, but still somewhere else. And since The Hollywood Beauty Queens sounds better than The Fredrikstad Beauty Queens, we'll stick to the American one.

I don't really agree, Fredrikstad Beauty Queens is more striking, it's got some irony to it.