I've been playing guitar for about a year and a half now, and recently due to what i assume is the amount of practise ive been putting in, i caused my fingers to litrally bleed. this was about 3 days ago. the morning after, i woke up and my fingers had become about 20 times harder, but hurt like HELL upon fretting anything.

how long will it take of rest until i can resume practising again? im finding it a really struggle to play even the most simple songs now, or even type this, bewcause i cant put much pressure on anything using the finger tips of my fretting hand.

has this happened to anyone else? have any advice how to toughen fingers? please share.

and maybe post any answers in rhyme.

I've been playing guitar for about a year and a half now, and recently due to what i assume is the amount of practise ive been putting in, i caused my fingers to litrally bleed. this was about 3 days ago. the morning after, i woke up and my fingers had become about 20 times harder, but hurt like HELL upon fretting anything.

how long will it take of rest until i can resume practising again? im finding it a really struggle to play even the most simple songs now, or even type this, bewcause i cant put much pressure on anything using the finger tips of my fretting hand.

has this happened to anyone else? have any advice how to toughen fingers? please share.

and maybe post any answers in rhyme.

Make sure you still break your fingers in every day, or you'll lose that hardness. Give it two or three before you really go after it, though.

You're finally becoming a man!

Nah, this shouldnt be happening at a year and a half unless you took a huge break or havent been practicing a lot until now.

Have you been swimming much or spending a lot of time in water? Cause what happened to my mate was he soaked his calices off after going for a surf about every day and his fingers started bleeding when he put in a big session.

Use a guitar pick.

I think he's talking about using his fretting hand.

My fingers never really hurt that much on my fretting hand, but since I've been doing a lot of finger picking for classical pieces at school my picking hand hurts a lot at the moment. I think it's just letting your fingers heal and carrying on. I used to have a problem with water getting under the rubbed skin and making my middle finger all blistery, but it sorted itself out.

i practise a lot every day, and have ever since i got my guitar. its an acoustic, and trying to learn how to do sucsessful bends low on the fretboard hurts like a motherfucker. And yes I change my strings around every 4 months. i should do it more often, but i have no real need as i don't have the right equipment to gig yet, so sounding 100% isnt an issue.

and i did go through the pain originally when i started of toughening up my fingers when i first started. this pain now is completely different though. and i have an abnormally high pain threshold, so its not me being a nancy boy. i posted the topic because i was genuinly worried.

however, i've taken about 2 days off with only about 2 hours practise, and my fingers are feeling a lot better now. still, my fingers look quite messed up. i can see through at least 5 layers of dead skin on my fretting hand finger-tips

That's totally normal. I don't have fingerprints on the very tips of my left hand from playing. No worry. Just callasing over.

haha! providing we wear a glove on our right hand. we're perfect theives!

and thanks a lot for everyones feedback! and insults! hehe

Edited by Paranoid Android

That's totally normal. I don't have fingerprints on the very tips of my left hand from playing. No worry. Just callasing over.

haha! providing we wear a glove on our right hand. we're perfect theives!

and thanks a lot for everyones feedback! and insults! hehe

Dont think ur the only one dude, i have been playing almost 2 years now, and after about 2 weeks of about 3 - 4 hours a day practising, my fingers hurt a little... Fuck knows whether they are suposed to or not. rock1