Interesting Covers Thread

Slash n' Burn

Im quite a fan of unique cover versions. Im sure some of you are too. Ok, most covers are no where near as good as orignals but some covers are interesting never the less.

If anyone has got any interesting 'big bands' covering famous songs then how about get a thread going?

I'l start (remember not to post 'legal' stuff. Live versions or bootlegs only)

1. Jimmy Page and Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin) covering The Cure's 'lullaby'. 1994 U.S tour.

Page & Plant - Lullaby

I heard a blasphomy of a cover on my drive home tonight.

I accidentally left my mp3 player on my desk so I had to listen to the radio. :(

Anyway the local "hard rock" station played a cover of Gensis' Land of Confusion and I must say it was laughably bad. I don't even know who the band was but that cover was terrible. :rofl-lol:

I heard a blasphomy of a cover on my drive home tonight.

I accidentally left my mp3 player on my desk so I had to listen to the radio. :(

Anyway the local "hard rock" station played a cover of Gensis' Land of Confusion and I must say it was laughably bad. I don't even know who the band was but that cover was terrible. :rofl-lol:

I think it was Disturbed...

Maynard Ferguson - Aint No Sunshine When She's Gone

R.I.P. :( I play trumpet and he is like a god to me on it.

I can go on forever about how much his music means to me. He inspired me to pick up the horn, and when I was on the verge of quitting the instrument about a year ago, it was going to a concert of his that made me change my mind. He died mere months later, and I cannot say how devestated I was. The man was simply incredible in every way - both musically and as a human being. I still listen to his records regularly. MacArthur Park may be the single greatest recording ever made in any genre, period. It is simply flawless....