Section for solo (and non-gnr) work from current members?

username

I was just thinking about making a thread about Tommy's Village Gorilla Head album and I wasn't sure where to put it. So the question comes to mind should there be a section for current gunners solo and sideprojects? I mean, Tommy has a fantastic solo album. Bumblefoot did some amazing stuff (I'm currently loving Uncool and Normal). Dizzy has his sideprojects as well (hookers and blow, hollywood bulldozer). And Pitman and Richard did a lot of non-gnr stuff as well. As did Frank and Brain by the way.

So, would it be a good idea to get a separate section to talk about all these things?

Just an idea :)

Village Gorilla Head > Five O' Clock Somewhere

I swear in the Snakepit thread today you said you hadn't heard the album just one or two songs?

But anyway....

One problem i see is that people only see a number of these topics because they're in discussion and news, for example the former gunners section is fairly redundant and i could imagine this being the same. Although i suppose it doesn't need to be a main part of the forum to warrant it being there.

How about just shoving it in My World? I mean for the one or two albums people would want to talk about...

And as a bit off topic..I would really like to hear some of Finck's pre-gnr stuff...if there even is any?

Village Gorilla Head > Five O' Clock Somewhere

I swear in the Snakepit thread today you said you hadn't heard the album just one or two songs?

But anyway....

One problem i see is that people only see a number of these topics because they're in discussion and news, for example the former gunners section is fairly redundant and i could imagine this being the same. Although i suppose it doesn't need to be a main part of the forum to warrant it being there.

Give the "FORMER GUNNERS (VELVET REVOLVER)" section the title "GNR RELATED BANDS AND SOLO PROJECTS" and let it have 3 forums:

- CURRENT GUNNERS SOLO AND SIDEPROJECTS (new)

- DISCUSS THE BAND VELVET REVOLVER (as it is now)

- FORMER GUNNERS (as it is now)

For example...

So... Eric? Feel anything for the idea?

I think it would be better off in the GNR Discussion area.