What is the most recognisable riff ever?

username

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest knerken
Smoooke on the waaaaaater, and fire in the sky.

:P

You're both wrong. It's Smooooooke on the waaaater, fire in the sky. No "and" or "the".

Can't believe I care about this..

never heard smoke on the water.

I know there is a possibility of this , but it seems funny to read it!

I was listening to the radio and heard "Fly Like an Eagle" by The Steve Miller Band , that made me think of this thread , so did "You Shook Me All Night Long" by the thunder from down under...

Crazy Train-Ozzy

Smoke on the Water-Deep Purple

Bulls on Parade-Rage

Welcome to the Jungles(Intro)-Guns

Satisfaction-The Stones

I would have to vote for the Stones since it has been around for 40+ years. Best riff ever.

I was listening to the radio and heard "Fly Like an Eagle" by The Steve Miller Band , that made me think of this thread , so did "You Shook Me All Night Long" by the thunder from down under...

i made a point to avoid mainstream rock n roll for a loooooong

Why Frank?

cuz i grew up with a very silly mentality from being like, REALLY into punk rock that mainstream rock n roll was just fascist sexist elitist bullshit music that was stale derivative and lacking of any content and just...snobbish music and the whole punk rock mentality (meaning musical dowhatchalikeness) is/was imperial which, now that im older and my balls are hairier i understand now is just as elitist and snobbish a mentality than the one im supposed to despise. besides which, u can't actually criticise something u dont expose urself too so its really kinda stupid. i just usta listen to the most alternative sounding fuckin...way out there music i could find like Sonic Youths early stuff and...just kooky alternative stuff. this is why i know next to nothing about pink floyd, led zeppelin, black sabbath and...lotsa other shit. i dont even know who smoke on the water is by :lol: i'm interested now tho...in everything. just feels like everyone has a headstart on me but then this isnt a race huh? :lol:

Why Frank?

cuz i grew up with a very silly mentality from being like, REALLY into punk rock that mainstream rock n roll was just fascist sexist elitist bullshit music that was stale derivative and lacking of any content and just...snobbish music and the whole punk rock mentality (meaning musical dowhatchalikeness) is/was imperial which, now that im older and my balls are hairier i understand now is just as elitist and snobbish a mentality than the one im supposed to despise. besides which, u can't actually criticise something u dont expose urself too so its really kinda stupid. i just usta listen to the most alternative sounding fuckin...way out there music i could find like Sonic Youths early stuff and...just kooky alternative stuff. this is why i know next to nothing about pink floyd, led zeppelin, black sabbath and...lotsa other shit. i dont even know who smoke on the water is by :lol: i'm interested now tho...in everything. just feels like everyone has a headstart on me but then this isnt a race huh? :lol:

Smoke on the Water - Deep Purple

Don't miss out on this Frank :) it's a great song and riff