grunge

bumblebucket

Guest knerken
So all it takes is for a miserable lead singer to commit suicide to end an over rated music trend??

...anyone know how the singer for Good Charlotte is feeling these days??

Haha, awesome!

Some of you guys probally know how much I love 80's rock , but let me just say , I respect a lot of the so called "Grunge" stuff that came out in the 90s. I remember when people were calling it "Alternative" when it first came out , but I used to have comparable arguements , about things like Poison and Metallica , even GN'R and Maiden , everybody thinks their music is better than everyone elses , but just remember without the "Poisons" when Metallica is cool , and the "Bon Jovis" when Cinderella was cool , or the S.T.Ps when Nirvana was cool , now we have gotten to Velvet Revolver when Nickelback is cool. There is plenty of room for all these bands , when you go right down to it , they are all forms of Rock 'n' Roll , and without the competition , the medium dies , so bring on the guys who will "kill" Nickelback , because if that don't happen , the music dies. I say like what you want , but respect all the bands for their contributions to Rock 'n' Roll , something , I love having in my life.

all i am trying to say is that grunge is massively overrated by the media.

No, Emo music is, its all about not conforming but all emo's are so obsessed with not conforming that they do end up bloody conforming, and the music?, dont even get me started on this uninspiring generic waste of overated, overplayed shite!

this thread is crap and heres why.

1. grunge took over the mainstreams in the early 90's.

2. Pantera released far beyond driven after grunge started to go downhill.

3. Somebody already started a thread similar to this one before.

But they released Vulgar Display Of Power in 1992 I believe, and it's considered their best by many fans.

My point is, Pantera were releasing music when Fred Durst was everywhere, and Rap was what ruled.

No, it's not. Some of the best music of the past 3 decades came out of that era. To fail to recognise this is a product of either ignorance or sheer stupidity - and in your case, the scales are pretty clearly tipped in one of those directions.

this thread is crap and heres why.

1. grunge took over the mainstreams in the early 90's.

2. Pantera released far beyond driven after grunge started to go downhill.

3. Somebody already started a thread similar to this one before.

But they released Vulgar Display Of Power in 1992 I believe, and it's considered their best by many fans.

My point is, Pantera were releasing music when Fred Durst was everywhere, and Rap was what ruled.

yeah but far beyond driven was way more heavy then vulgar and brang in alot more fans.

No, it's not. Some of the best music of the past 3 decades came out of that era. To fail to recognise this is a product of either ignorance or sheer stupidity - and in your case, the scales are pretty clearly tipped in one of those directions.

i am not taken either sides here but it i think it's going a bit extreme to assume that this guy is aiming towards stupidity or ignorance. the guy got his info wrong big deal. i admit this thread sucks but i am not going to insult the guy about it.

i am not taken either sides here but it i think it's going a bit extreme to assume that this guy is aiming towards stupidity or ignorance. the guy got his info wrong big deal. i admit this thread sucks but i am not going to insult the guy about it.

Having the "info wrong" is ignorance if you ask me. He stated that the entire genre was worth nothing - what does that make him? Either ignorant (ie - he's never bothered to listen to it), or he's stupid.

You don't have to enjoy the music to appreciate it's significance or musical value.

He's being pretty rude to everyone here - I think I was fairly tame. ;)

Having the "info wrong" is ignorance if you ask me. He stated that the entire genre was worth nothing - what does that make him? Either ignorant (ie - he's never bothered to listen to it), or he's stupid.

You don't have to enjoy the music to appreciate it's significance or musical value.

i am an asshole and proud of it.

This is just a passing comment and not really related to the subject, but merely an observation. Fans of grunge that I know personally will usually jump at the slightest criticism of the genre. Which I find very strange, because fans of other genres that I know take criticism very well. For example, I live with a massive Nirvana fan, anyone who knows me knows that I really do not like nirvana, my dislike came from when I listened to a few of their albums and thought, grand, but then everywhere I read anything about them or spoke to any fans they were always proclaimed as this great amazing band, which I just don’t see, all I hear is another monotone band in a saturated world of monotone bands. So usually when a nirvana discussion starts, I field my opinion, and thus are glared at. And for what ever reason, my room mate then starts insulting GN’ and Mr. Rose, which is grand, because I understand opinions, and I build a bridge per say. But what I can’t get over is the willingness to argue over such menial matters as my opinion and the reason to bring an un related band from an un related genre into it. The only reason I can draw is that I won the argument and this is his try at making it personal…

i am an asshole and proud of it.

thats not going to get you very far on this forum.