Chinese Democracy vs U2's new album

Bono

Guest MacPhisto
UK Subs -- you from Europe?

If so, yea -- you don't need your wife's panties to wear to be gay..

I mean -- you like soccer (err "football") -- the most boring sport on Earth, why wouldn't you like a gay fruity band like U2.

If you are from North Am. -- you are a fruitcake if you think U2 is amazing.. they are cheese rock -- "beautiful day" -- yep that is a classic rock song.

You dont have a fucking clue mate,U2 are the best band in the world and Football is the best sport in the world wake up and smell the coffee.

AWAY THE DEE!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are from North Am. -- you are a fruitcake if you think U2 is amazing.. they are cheese rock -- "beautiful day" -- yep that is a classic rock song.

You dont have a fucking clue mate,U2 are the best band in the world and Football is the best sport in the world wake up and smell the coffee.

AWAY THE DEE!

Agreed. Football is the only true worldwide sport. It's certainly better than those shit American sports that nobody else wants to play. Sadly I'm not sure how long Dundee FC will have anything to do with football.

Guest MacPhisto

Hopefuly Dundee FC will be around for a long while lets just hope Dens is a sell out on wednesday.One thing is for sure if Dundee do fold i would NEVER BE AN ARAB.

AWAY THE DEE!

I think U2's album will be out first and their last album "All that you can't leave behind" was anything to go by, it will be a classic. It kinda pisses me off when i read all this U2 slating. Fair enough if there not your cup of tea but to compare them with Matchbox Twenty and say you would rather listen to "My World" is beyond a joke. U2, in my opinion, have delivered some of the great albums over the last 20 years. The Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby and their last release are all superb albums. Granted, they have have a couple of albums which have some fantastic songs (Rattle and Hum, Zooropa)but also are patchy at times. Whatever people say, the fact is that GNR only ever have produced 1 great album and no on the whole the Illusions are nop top notch but do have several magical moments. I just hope these two great bands can give deliver their albums early next year and give us a soundtrack for the next few years.

Guest MacPhisto
Hopefuly Dundee FC will be around for a long while lets just hope Dens is a sell out on wednesday.One thing is for sure if Dundee do fold i would NEVER BE AN ARAB.

AWAY THE DEE!

Why don't you come and support the mighty Jambos? After all we'll have about 55,000 empt seats available next season.

Will you be at Dens on wednesday supporting the jam tarts?I think if Hearts get the finger out they could finish above Rangers this year as they are pish,i mean if hibs could run them close!

PS how did the dirty arab bastards manage to beat you lot?

SAVE THE DEE!

Hey Mr.Reality, lay off Bono.

He is starting a harmless post and U2 aren't shit cause if they were, would they be the greatest band in the world today. Face it, they are better than a lot of no-hoper tryhards around these days. Oh and Bono has 3000 posts because he has been here since Janurary. Thats a lot of time to build up posts, and its only 900 to 1 because u have oinly 20 and have just joined. Many members who have been here for ages have little posts, cause they prefer reading the posts and not putting in their say, thats what i used to do.

Anyways U2's will come out first but i want CD to come out first!

Cya, Jack

• 10 months later...
I'm wondering which one we will see first. What do you guys think. U2 is rumored to have a single out in January and a possible album by March. Do you think we'll have anything from Axl and Co. by then. I hope so. Man what a trip it would be if Guns and U2 released albums in the same month or week or even day.

By the way U2's new album is said to be their first "guitar" album. Both Bono and The Edge have said it will be very guitar driving. But who knows.

Look at these rumours. January and March of 2004! Shit U2 waited till September and November of 2004 and still no word from Axl. Serioulsy what the hell is he doing? What the fuck is going on? At least I know the answer to the question of this thread. :lol:

I never listen to U2. But I think they are good musically conceptually, but I gnerally like stuff that stops me feeling. Fast aggressive music. I skip November Rain often.

But I think if Axl is trying to copy anyone with New Guns, it's U2's career.

Zoo Tv, PopMart.

Those albums, Achung Baby, Zooropa, Pop - Eno influenced ones.

3 albums that go into more left field.

David Bowie did it - Low Heroes Berlin.

So I think this what Axl has in mind.

Hello, I stopped by to calmly remind everybody, that U2 blows donkey balls. I dont care what song got more play on the radio, what Bono did to help some stupid false world peace plan, and what album sold the most. I always thought that 99% of people in general were dumbasses, why would I want to support the majority?

That being said, I cant wait until Axl gets off his ass and does something with this band he has.

U2's album will come out first IMO.

As for U2, it really pains me to se them even mentioned along with GNR. "All That You Can't Leave Behind" is an terrible album. I bought it because the singles were good. The rest of the album is dreadful though, what a waste of money. Sweet production and a thin sound, that's close to sounding like Westlife.

As for GNR, one great album..Well. U2, one great song(Pride(In The Name Of Love)), nevermind albums.

Maybe it's because I'm a musician, and therefore listen to the instrumentation when people are singing(and to anyone who doesn't, grab AFD and listen to Slash during the verses and choruses.)

Sorry, but I had to say it. U2 are extremely overated in my book. Oh, and "The Edge" hides behind his delay effects.

I have nothing against people who like U2 though :)

BTW - Football(soccer) is the most popular sport in the world for a reason.

u2 album will be out first, the first single is released on 8th november over here in the uk, i think it is called 'vertigo' and it is actually a damn fine track, very rocky and the best u2 track for a good while. I have been hearing february for chinese democracy and that suits me fine, after all i have waited this long so another couple of months aint gonnae make a difference.

Reality- you suck monkey balls,did you vote for bush?

hate to burst anyones bubble but Vertigo Sucks!!!, Bono's voice is weak, Edges guitar drownds him out, and the music video looks something like the Spice Girls would make.

Maybe us Europeans should rename American Football to American Soccer, make sense to me.

Football - footkicks ball

Soccer - drop the Weired shaped "American soccer ball and soc (boot) it up the field

U2s album will probably come first, but infact i would welcome both bands to release there material, then well see which is better, and IMO it's Guns N' Roses, Guns N' Roses, Guns N' Roses - can you here the chants?

we will see u2's album first as they hav a single on radio and tv play (Vertigo) the album, how to dismatle an atomic bomb is scheulded for late 04 early 05 release and u2 have announced dates for thier tour (at £120 apparntly) <_<

It is highly unlikly we will see cd before how to dismatle an atomic bomb

Edited by life_247

Obviously U2 will have thier album out first as they already have a single out and have announced tour dates . Besides the fact they have announced an early 05 release date . The album title is not real cool though , sounds like an instruction book ( wonder if this is a theme )

Peace GnR Nation B)

:lol: People, people, people! This is av ery old thread. Check the date that I originally posted this. I appreciate the input of the new posts but if people are still wondering and assuming well see the new U2 album first then well... YEAH! Try November 23rd. That's this freaking month. :lol: I resurected this thread as a blast at Axl. I just want to know what the hell he's doing. I miss him :(

Bono, this is nothing new, the rumors have been running wild sinve mid 90's. The album comes out whenever Axl decides to do it.

And theres another U2 album every 2 or 3 years... :rolleyes:

You're right - it isn't new.

But you are. And thus, you failed to read the whole thread, checking dates, etc.

As a result - you now look like an idiot. I won't explain why - i'll leave it up to you to read the thread.

:lol: People, people, people! This is av ery old thread. Check the date that I originally posted this. I appreciate the input of the new posts but if people are still wondering and assuming well see the new U2 album first then well... YEAH! Try November 23rd. That's this freaking month. :lol: I resurected this thread as a blast at Axl. I just want to know what the hell he's doing. I miss him :(

Wow. You are back. I'm shocked. :rolleyes: