Metal thread

oogieboogieman420

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pantera, Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Danzig, Depeche Mode, 'tallica - hats off to them.

Er, DragonForce as "power metal" too.

Depeche Mode???????

Oops, I think because I was listening to them I typed it - some of their stuff, I think I would class as "metal like", but no - I'll remove that suggestion.

Oh, and for alternative-esque metal - RAMMSTEIN!

ahh, metal :wub:

Metallica is the best metal band ever, no questions asked. Pretty sure I like every single one of their songs..

and Pantera every once in a while is good.

Tool ROCKS. Is anyone else around here into them? They're pretty much the main staple in my music latley...

Yes, Tool own, ive also recently been listening to quite a bit of APC, their cover of Imagine is the shit

Pantera, Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Danzig, Depeche Mode, 'tallica - hats off to them.

Er, DragonForce as "power metal" too.

Depeche Mode???????

Oops, I think because I was listening to them I typed it - some of their stuff, I think I would class as "metal like", but no - I'll remove that suggestion.

Oh, and for alternative-esque metal - RAMMSTEIN!

Rammstein is badass.. Has anybody heard flyleaf? I only heard one song, and she sounds like Avril Lavigne on steroids or something.. it's not all that bad really.. Tool's pretty cool, I like Maynard's voice.. and slipknot is the greatest metal band.. just wait until time has passed... they'll be considered the greatest.. there's noway it gets anybetter..

Edited by oogieboogieman420

ALL OF YOU

Pick up Testament - The Gathering.

yeeeeess

and i think im gonna miss testament =( $$

and FUCKING BLIND GUARDIAN CANCELLED LAST SATURDAY AND SUNDAY!!!! fucking flights and shit

power metal rules :heart: for more info about bands Paula McKagan likes, check profile

:heart:

Edited by Paula McKagan

metal rules

from the inyourface assault of death metal to the speed and ferousiusness of thrash metal.From the bleakness of black metal to the might of heavy metal.To the party vibe of hair metal to the anger and despair of nu metal.Metal has something for most people :)

Doom and gothic metal suck though.

:o doom metal RULES

I demand you take that back :angry:

and best metal band ever is Dark Tranquillity

then there is Persuader

all you need in life is metal and a hug now and then

metal rules

from the inyourface assault of death metal to the speed and ferousiusness of thrash metal.From the bleakness of black metal to the might of heavy metal.To the party vibe of hair metal to the anger and despair of nu metal.Metal has something for most people :)

Doom and gothic metal suck though.

all you need in life is metal and a hug now and then

lmao.. thats so true.. I need a hug now....

Opeth kick ass too. Love every single album I have to death (Blackwater Park, Damnation, My Arms, Your Hearse, Still Life). Really different stuff, they rock.

I'm a pretty big Danzig fan too. I missed them when they came over here last year :( that really pissed me off. I'm pretty much addicted to Twist of Cain right now, their debut is by far their best.

Slayer!! Everyone gives Slayer shit, but they fuckin' rock.

Anyone Kreator fan? Great german thrash. Children of Bodom of course...love them. Oh and Black Label anyone?

Opeth kick ass too. Love every single album I have to death (Blackwater Park, Damnation, My Arms, Your Hearse, Still Life). Really different stuff, they rock.

I'm a pretty big Danzig fan too. I missed them when they came over here last year :( that really pissed me off. I'm pretty much addicted to Twist of Cain right now, their debut is by far their best.

Slayer!! Everyone gives Slayer shit, but they fuckin' rock.

Anyone Kreator fan? Great german thrash. Children of Bodom of course...love them. Oh and Black Label anyone?

I have to disagree, I have to think Danzig 4 and 666 Satans child is Danzig's greatest Album.. he's a fuckin musical god... I think after he dies he should be considered for some kinda religion or something.. I don;t know what the hell happened with the last two albums he put out.. all the rest were so great, with the exception of 5.. which e even admits sucks ass and says he put it out just so he could get out of contract iwth his record lable at the time...

Let it be captured shows you just what kind of vocal range he has.. hell, all of Danzig 4 shows you whats so great about Danzig.. I have to admit his voice is alittle over-bearing, cause he's so loud.. but thats whats great about Danzig.. but Danzig 666: Satans Child is a badass CD, it's pretty hard and heavy The whole album is pretty hard hitting besides thirteen, which he wrote for Johnny Cash, and Cold Eternal.. but it's a great fuckin Album.. there's a few Danzig ballad's.. bot othe rthan that it's a greta album.. very erotic and dark.. I love it.. check 'em out if you havent heard 'em before... Any Danzig album as a matter of fact.. hell now that I think of it, arent all of Danzig's albums, the greatest fuckin Danzig album ever, except the last two and 5?..lol.. Hell, thats 3 outta five.. thats pretty damn good, and even those albums had some good sonsg on 'em.. i'm i'm going on and on again.. my bad... Check 'em all out.. you may like how the gods kill better...

I've only got Danzig, Lucifuge and How the Gods Kill :(. I've been meaning to get some more...but I dunno, I listen to those albums quite a bit so I dunno if I need anymore. I just love the more bluesy feel on Danzig, rather than say a lot of the softer stuff on How the Gods Kill. Although...it's pretty much like certain that anything Danzig does is gonna kick ass. The man is just so awesome.

I've only got Danzig, Lucifuge and How the Gods Kill :(. I've been meaning to get some more...but I dunno, I listen to those albums quite a bit so I dunno if I need anymore. I just love the more bluesy feel on Danzig, rather than say a lot of the softer stuff on How the Gods Kill. Although...it's pretty much like certain that anything Danzig does is gonna kick ass. The man is just so awesome.

Lucifage has a bluesy feel to it also... it's got a few songs on it that I don;t care for, like i'm the one... just isn;t that good... compared... And trust me, you need Danzig 4 and 666.. then your collection will be complete.. if you get a chance pick up Black Aria, it's a CD full of composed music that Danzig wrote.. it's awesome.. and yes, anything Danzig touches turns to gold... The man's just so awesome... Did you see him on Aqua Teen hunger force? "The fuckin Robot came with the fuckin house... and now he's fuckin gone... if you see him you better fuckin tell me, or i'll be eating my cereal out of the bottom of your fuckin skull..." it was awesome... I want see Danzig live so bad.. if I could catch slipknot and Danzig on the same bill.. I could die happy

I think Iron Maiden and Metallica are tied for the greatest metal band. If Burton didn't die, Metallica probably wouldve ended up much better (not necessarily as famous) than they are now. Nothing can beat Hallowed Be Thy Name live. Metallica had it good for about 4 albums. Maiden have been writing consistent metal for decades.

I love BLS aswell. Havent heard the new album yet, I've only got Hangover Music and Mafia.

am i one of the few who really prefers Judas Priest over Iron Maiden?

Y'know if i heard more Judas Priest i would probably prefer them over Maiden, Maiden bore me most of the time.

Recommend some Judas!!

Technical Death Metal bands like Necrophagist, Sleep Terror, Cryptopsy and others are also reaally excellent

Y'know if i heard more Judas Priest i would probably prefer them over Maiden, Maiden bore me most of the time.

Recommend some Judas!!

Technical Death Metal bands like Necrophagist, Sleep Terror, Cryptopsy and others are also reaally excellent

Painkiller is their best album,then get Screaming For Vengeance or British Steel

Recommend some Judas!!

Painkiller is their best album,then get Screaming For Vengeance or British Steel

British Steel is a masterpiece

I can't sya i'm a real big Judas Preist fan.. not because Rob Halfried (sp?) is gay or anything.. but I just don;t like 'em.. I do like Iron Maiden from what i've heard which is only Where Eagles dare, run to the hills, and the evil that men do.. but I like 'em.. I've only ever heard breaking the law and hellbent for leather and honestly, I just can't get into Judas Preist.. but thats just me.. I don;t like alot of the 80's "metal" bands like that.. I don;t even really care for Ozzy that much (blasphamous I know, but isn't that what metal's all about?, but I like Black Sabbath.. I dunno.. i'm weird.. but my main driving force in metal is slipknot, Danzig, mudvayne, Dimmu Borgir, Therion, Chimara and, arch enemy.. hell, I don;t even like Korn... so i'm alittle different.. I don;t like these bands, but I don;lt talk shit about 'em too much though, because I respect what they've done for metal, and in the case of Korn, even though they did kinda make metal alittle poppish, I still respect teh first two albums, Korn was an awesom album... but at the end of the day Johnathan Davis' voice gets on my dick nerve... but I know without Korn we wouldnt have the almighty SLIPKNOT.. so i'm happy./.. but if anybody could suggest some other newer type metal... that'd be cool... i've got some Gojira, bury your dead, Lacuna Coil.. that fuckin Opeth is badass.. I downloaded Ghost of predition yesterday, badass shit... I also have some throwdwon and the paint it black cover by Agony Scene... maybe pretty old... but it's new to me.. I always wante dto cover paint it black with a metal style.. i'm not too pleased with the vocal's, I woulda kept it down and in a more growl than a wild scream.. but whatever... Any thing anybody could suggest.. just please, no powermetal unless it's very very tamed..

Priest in a rape over Maiden for me

You would rather be raped by Judas PReist, than listen to Iron Maiden, or rather be raped by judas preist than Iron Maiden, wait what?

I love the metal I listen to, but I'll be honest and go on record and say, that I haven't even heard of alot of what has been mentioned in this thread.

My metal cd collection only consists of.

Pantera

Down

Damageplan

Rebel Meets Rebel

Megadeth

Metallica

Slayer

Shadows Fall

Black Label Society

and Black Sabbath, with Ozzy of course.