Poison

ESOR LXA

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww, man, some people are being way too harsh on Poison. :question:

Like other people have said, they have some fun catchy tunes...Talk Dirty To Me, Nothhin' But A Good Time, Unskinny Bop= FUN!

Plus the early 90's cheese ballads wouldn't be complete without Every Rose Has It's Thorns or Something To Believe In.

GOOD STUFF!!! :D

POISON, one of rock's most iconic and enduring bands, has recorded a new album of cover songs, featuring many of their favorite rock classics. "Poison'd", the band's first new studio album since 2002, will be released June 5 on CD and digitally by EMI America Records/Capitol.

Featuring POISON's original members, Bret Michaels (vocals), C.C. DeVille (guitar), Rikki Rockett (drums) and Bobby Dall (bass), "Poison'd" presents the band's first new studio recordings since 2002's "Hollyweird". Produced by Don Was at Hensen Recording Studios in Hollywood, "Poison'd" packs 13 explosive tracks, including new recordings of DAVID BOWIE's "Suffragette City", THE CARS' "You're Just What I Needed", THE ROMANTICS' "What I Like About You", SWEET's "Little Willy", THE MARSHALL TUCKER BAND's "Can't You See" and THE ROLLING STONES' "Dead Flowers". Some of POISON's best previously recorded covers are also featured on "Poison'd", including KISS' "Rock and Roll All Nite", GRAND FUNK RAILROAD's "We're An American Band" and LOGGINS AND MESSINA's "Your Mama Don't Dance".

"POISON is one of the greatest rock 'n roll bands in the world and, after 20 years, they can slam better than ever," says "Poison'd" producer Don Was. "They're powerful musicians and very cool guys. We had a lot of fun making this album and I think you can hear it in the grooves — it's got the jive and is truly alive! I urge everyone to listen to it!"

Following the release of "Poison'd", POISON will hit the road again on June 12 for a major North American summer concert tour. Tour dates and details will be announced and posted to the band's official website as they are confirmed.

In July, VH1 will premiere a new reality show, "Rock of Love with Bret Michaels". VH1's description of the show has "the hard-rockin' POISON front man looking for a woman who can truly keep up with his rock-n-roll lifestyle and not become jealous of his one true passion — performing, which has been the reason for and destruction of most of his relationships."

"Poison'd" (CD and Digital Album) (not final sequence) track listing:

01. Little Willy (SWEET)

02. Suffragette City (DAVID BOWIE)

03. I Never Cry (ALICE COOPER)

04. I Need to Know (TOM PETTY & THE HEARTBREAKERS)

05. Can't You See (THE MARSHALL TUCKER BAND)

06. What I Like About You (THE ROMANTICS)

07. Dead Flowers (THE ROLLING STONES)

08. Just What I Needed (THE CARS)

09. Rock and Roll All Nite (KISS)

10. Squeeze Box (THE WHO)

11. Your Mama Don't Dance (LOGGINS AND MESSINA)

12. You Don't Mess Around With Jim (JIM CROCE)

13. We're An American Band (GRAND FUNK RAILROAD)

Tracks 1-8: produced by Don Was - 2007 (new recordings)

Track 9: produced by Rick Rubin, "Less Than Zero" soundtrack - 1987

Track 10: produced by Thom Panunzio, "Hollyweird" - 2002

Track 11: produced by Tom Werman, "Open Up and Say ... Ahh!" - 1988

Track 12: produced by Ric Browdie - 1987; bonus track on "Look What The Cat Dragged In" reissue (2006)

Track 13: produced by Don Was, "The Best Of Poison: 20 Years Of Rock" - 2006

In July, VH1 will premiere a new reality show, "Rock of Love with Bret Michaels". VH1's description of the show has "the hard-rockin' POISON front man looking for a woman who can truly keep up with his rock-n-roll lifestyle and not become jealous of his one true passion — performing, which has been the reason for and destruction of most of his relationships."

:o I wonder if they filmed this yet. I can SOOO keep up with his rock n roll lifestyle, and not be jealous at the same time! :heart:

I liked them in the 80s and early 90s. I didn't know they were still around touring and recording. The last thing I got from them was "Flesh and Blood" (I think that was the name of the album). Why does their new album of covers contain "Your Mama Don't Dance"? What's the point of doing it a second time?

Theyre not bad, I saw them last year and had a really good time. I find their albums pretty hard to listen to, mainly because of Bret Michaels' weak voice. I dont know if its the way the albums were mixed or if he just has really small balls but he just sounds extremely lame in the studio, mostly on the rockers. But live Bret sounded awsome and the band was great, I'd go and see them again if I had the chance. Fuckin CC did an awsome Voodoo Child solo.

Edited by sweetness

Theyre not bad, I saw them last year and had a really good time. I find their albums pretty hard to listen to, mainly because of Bret Michaels' weak voice. I dont know if its the way the albums were mixed or if he just has really small balls but he just sounds extremely lame in the studio, mostly on the rockers. But live Bret sounded awsome and the band was great, I'd go and see them again if I had the chance. Fuckin CC did an awsome Voodoo Child solo.

yeah c.c. is a badass guitar player.

• 2 months later...