Winger

krissirge

now all of you Winger fans,its time to come out of the closet :)

Winger,the punchline for every hair metal joke,deserves more credit than most people give them

good pop metal with a slight progressive twist...Rob Beach is a talented guitarist

the first 3 albums all have some good songs on them,but some filler aswell

Seventeen

Miles Away

Without The Night

Headed For A Heartbreak

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't really find a more crappy band than Winger.

says the guy who's username is a nirvana song

winger fucking rocks. reb beech is an outstanding guitar player. unfortunately beavis and butthead (and kips lameness) killed them. the first album is one of the best "glam" albums around. they're on a reunion tour with the original lineup. i had to miss em when they were playing in NY, which i am still bummed about.

she's only seventeeeeeen (seventeen) rock3

winger rules! easy come easy go is song that will always have a special place in my heart.last year i was drinking in the rainbow bar and grill and they were playing that.the woman to my left started talking to me aout how awesome winger is

winger fucking rocks. reb beech is an outstanding guitar player. unfortunately beavis and butthead (and kips lameness) killed them. the first album is one of the best "glam" albums around. they're on a reunion tour with the original lineup. i had to miss em when they were playing in NY, which i am still bummed about.

Oh, too bad you missed a bunch of washed-up 40-year olds with poodle-hair and a setlist entirely about how much the lead singer loved this girl from school and how crushed he was because she was to popular for him :(

Oh, too bad you missed a bunch of washed-up 40-year olds with poodle-hair and a setlist entirely about how much the lead singer loved this girl from school and how crushed he was because she was to popular for him :(

What was the best thing that Kurt Cobain ever released? The safety catch on that gun.

and

What was Kurt Cobain's last hit? The Floor

:D

What was the best thing that Kurt Cobain ever released? The safety catch on that gun.

and

:lol: :lol: :lol: !

Nice...

:vomit:

even I hate winger :lol:

and

:lol: :lol: :lol: !

Nice...

:( you guys are horrible!

and

Oh, come on, that was like a "your momma" joke. Gimme a reason why you think Winger rules, instead, and we'll have a nice discussion.

and

Oh, come on, that was like a "your momma" joke. Gimme a reason why you think Winger rules, instead, and we'll have a nice discussion.

ok...first of all,forget the image.

like I said they're pop metal....with the emphasis on pop....so pop usually means catchy choruses and not-very thought provoking lyrics...Winger is all that and more.They turned more progressive on Pull and I havent heard the new album that came out last year,but my guess is its the hardest of them all.

Their ballads are good...cheesy,put hair metal power ballads were always pure,but good cheese.

Rob Beach...underrated guitarist,again try the later albums for proof of that :)

Kip Winger...ok if you call him a poser,he probably was.But I can't say anything bad about either his voice or bass playing.

Winger should never been taken seriously,this is hair metal.Take a six pack and some hair metal and you're ready to party :D

I think bands like Winger destroyed what could have been a good decade of music with their ballads, keyboards and accoustic guitars.

If the heavy metal scene would have stayed away from those three things, I'm sure it would have been a much better decade, musically.

I know this may come as a shock - but I think Winger rule.

I recently picked up "IV"

It's great, they may be cheesy and crappy - but they've changed for no one and it's still been the same good feel party music n ballads like the rest of them.

But yeah admittedly Kip was a bit pussy like.

I still remember when Leigh-Rok sent me Seventeen claiming it was a Skid Row song, and said he loved it.

So if Leigh replies saying they were shit I'll remember that. :xmasschef:

I think bands like Winger destroyed what could have been a good decade of music with their ballads, keyboards and accoustic guitars.

If the heavy metal scene would have stayed away from those three things, I'm sure it would have been a much better decade, musically.

Hey , we have a winner! Finally an Opinion , for a change,that's great Lith , there maybe hope for you yet!

Now , IMO I say the ballads , the keyboards , and acoustic guitar sounds made the '80s

the best decade ever. It was a message , that songs did not have to always be harsh , and most of the so called "Metal" bands did not give themselves that stamp , and never claimed to be Metal in the first place , but like to be refered to as Hard Rock , or Rock.So it's not their fault , if they did not live up to the title that was given to them.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...