Winger

krissirge

I saw Winger open for Cinderella on the Long Cold Winter tour. I think Winger gets unfairly shit on. A lot of gay shit was going on in the glam scene at that time. But they had some good songs, and some really talented members of the band.

:shocked:

I'm so jealous of you.

Me too! Cinderella and Winger! :shocked:

Man, I'm actually starting to get sick and tired of your shit - aren't you like 14?

Seems like the typical behavouir I'd expect.

I get it - you don't like hair metal.

You don't need to come into every hair metal thread and berate it.

15, and yes, I feel the need to berate hair metal - I can't help it.

teenage angst hasn't paid off...now he's young and boring

:( Meanie.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Winger open for Cinderella on the Long Cold Winter tour. I think Winger gets unfairly shit on. A lot of gay shit was going on in the glam scene at that time. But they had some good songs, and some really talented members of the band.

:shocked:

I'm so jealous of you.

Me too! Cinderella and Winger! :shocked:

Man, I'm actually starting to get sick and tired of your shit - aren't you like 14?

Seems like the typical behavouir I'd expect.

I get it - you don't like hair metal.

You don't need to come into every hair metal thread and berate it.

15, and yes, I feel the need to berate hair metal - I can't help it.

teenage angst hasn't paid off...now he's young and boring

:( Meanie.

awww,here's somecookies :)Giant%20Double%20Chocolate%20Cookie.jpg

You can't really find a more crappy band than Winger.

says the guy who's username is a nirvana song

winger fucking rocks. reb beech is an outstanding guitar player. unfortunately beavis and butthead (and kips lameness) killed them. the first album is one of the best "glam" albums around. they're on a reunion tour with the original lineup. i had to miss em when they were playing in NY, which i am still bummed about.

she's only seventeeeeeen (seventeen) rock3

Oh, too bad you missed a bunch of washed-up 40-year olds with poodle-hair and a setlist entirely about how much the lead singer loved this girl from school and how crushed he was because she was to popular for him :(

What was the best thing that Kurt Cobain ever released? The safety catch on that gun.

and

What was Kurt Cobain's last hit? The Floor

:D

LMFAO! Not a big Winger fan( he was a good bassist for Cooper though), but the first cd had a couple of catchy tunes. I think i remember hearing that Kip Winger went through a rough period, lost his wife to cancer, etc...

winger fucking rocks. reb beech is an outstanding guitar player. unfortunately beavis and butthead (and kips lameness) killed them. the first album is one of the best "glam" albums around. they're on a reunion tour with the original lineup. i had to miss em when they were playing in NY, which i am still bummed about.

she's only seventeeeeeen (seventeen) rock3

Oh, too bad you missed a bunch of washed-up 40-year olds with poodle-hair and a setlist entirely about how much the lead singer loved this girl from school and how crushed he was because she was to popular for him :(

What was the best thing that Kurt Cobain ever released? The safety catch on that gun.

and

What was Kurt Cobain's last hit? The Floor

:D

LMFAO! Not a big Winger fan( he was a good bassist for Cooper though), but the first cd had a couple of catchy tunes. I think i remember hearing that Kip Winger went through a rough period, lost his wife to cancer, etc...

Yeah, "IV" is dedicated to her.

It's actually a pretty awesome album.

I saw Winger open for Kiss on the Hot In The Shade tour (along with Slaughter).

I found Slaughter to be a bit more fun,Winger's good at what they do...but not really the kinda band I'm into.(neither's Slaughter for that matter).

They both filled the shoes for opening acts on that tour nicely though,considering the era.

"Catchy" is not always a good thing-Chocolate Rain has been stuck in my head for weeks and nobody's going to give that guy a Grammy anytime soon. Even if it was a good thing, having "a few good songs"(which I'm not saying is true) on each album does not make for a quality band-real bands make entire albums of good material. Finally, just because some guys can shred on guitar or whatever instrument doesn't make them good-it just makes them fast. It's the musical version of lifting weights-whoever works out most gets the best results. No, I'm not saying that all shred guitarists suck, but speed alone does not make a guitarist "good".

To summarize, Winger suck.

Kip Winger comments "Our band was known to musicians, and a lot of musicians showed up to see me play - watching trying to figure out how I'm playing - we were like the 'hair band' Dream Theater -- That is why it's the great irony that we ended up on that geeky guy's shirt on Beavis & Butthead, because Metallica couldn't play what we play, they couldn't do it, they literally - technically couldn't do it. And I'll fucking challenge those chumps to that any day of the week that they couldn't go back and play our shit, but we could play theirs with our hands tied behind our back. And so, I was a little t'd off about that, but in the end, none of that shit matters..."

Well, in that case, Kip, I'd like to see you pull off "(Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth" like Cliff Burton did. ;)

Not even a chance, buddy.

Edited by Lithium

Well, you blew it. No matter what you say, we can't take you seriously.

haha what i was getting at was that a guy who obviously loves nirvana isn't going to like winger, no matter what goes on in this thread... i can't believe i'm replying in this topic like 6 months after it was created!