Black Sabbath Live at Hammersmith Odeon 1981

chicagocoma13

For those interested Rhino Handmade has finally made available this recording. I have been checking their website for months but I couldn't buy it til today. It is an unrealeased concert from the Dio era (different set list than Live Evil). It is a little pricy for a single disk (20 bucks) but there are only 5,000 copies being made.

On a side note--I am a little dissapointed at the Dio Years comp. They did not include two great songs---Wishing Well and Sign of the Southern Cross. I think those are much better than say Lady Evil or Voodoo. Maybe we will get a volume 2

Tracklisting for Hammersmith Odeon Live in 81

E5105

Neon Knights

N.I.B

Children of the Sea

Country Girl

Black Sabbath

War Pigs

Slipping Away

Iron Man

The Mob Rules

Heaven and Hell

Paranoid

Voodoo

Children of the Grave

Edited by chicagocoma13

• 4 weeks later...
For those interested Rhino Handmade has finally made available this recording. I have been checking their website for months but I couldn't buy it til today. It is an unrealeased concert from the Dio era (different set list than Live Evil). It is a little pricy for a single disk (20 bucks) but there are only 5,000 copies being made.

On a side note--I am a little dissapointed at the Dio Years comp. They did not include two great songs---Wishing Well and Sign of the Southern Cross. I think those are much better than say Lady Evil or Voodoo. Maybe we will get a volume 2

E5105

Neon Knights

N.I.B

Children of the Sea

Country Girl

Black Sabbath

War Pigs

Slipping Away

Iron Man

The Mob Rules

Heaven and Hell

Paranoid

Voodoo

Children of the Grave

Got this on April 26th since I preordered it. It rocks. Much more Raw and less mixing than Live Evil. It sold out the first Day available May 1st. Now they are going for 60 bucks on Ebay !! On a side note I am seeing Heaven and Hell in Chicago tomorrow. Anyone know around what time they have been hitting the stage ?

E5105

Neon Knights

N.I.B

Children of the Sea

Country Girl

Black Sabbath

War Pigs

Slipping Away

Iron Man

The Mob Rules

Heaven and Hell

Paranoid

Voodoo

Children of the Grave

No way. Lady Evil is one of the best tracks. Awesome song. rock3

And what's the soundquality of this DVD like?

Yeah I know I'm one of the few who don't like LE. It is not a dvd but a cd. The sound quality is excellent but I am a purist who does not like much mixing and tinkering. It is like the highest quality soundboard you can get. The packaging is much nicer than the Dio Years (it's a really nice digipak)----and Dio is scorching on this one !!!

Yeah I know I'm one of the few who don't like LE. It is not a dvd but a cd. The sound quality is excellent but I am a purist who does not like much mixing and tinkering. It is like the highest quality soundboard you can get. The packaging is much nicer than the Dio Years (it's a really nice digipak)----and Dio is scorching on this one !!!

Ah, allright, sounds interesting. ;)