Maiden or Metallica?

kevdo242

Maiden or Metallica?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just listening to Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, and I'm now convinced that its probably my favourite metal album.

So who do you believe is the better band? I do like a bit of Metallica, but I can't seem to listen to their albums fully like I can with Maiden. Also, Maiden are more consistent.

This topics probably been done to death, but fuck it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Iron Maiden for me, my best band!

Seventh Son is a great album. Maiden are one of the few bands that has made so many successful albums and hasn't ever had a gap in it's discography. Neither has ever released a crappy album.

I love maiden's music, and everyone in the band is awsome (I must admit though that J.Gers is my least favourite).

Bruce Dickinson is absolutely fucking awsome singer and frontman and he has also written some great songs.

Adrian Smith is one of my favorite guitarists.

And well Steve Harris ... rock3

I like Metallica very much but I'm a Maiden fan!

Iron Maiden. I as well can't listen to Metallica's albums as fully. Another reason is that Iron Maiden's material over the years has been reasonably consistent, whereas Metallica's in my opinion has dropped. I only really like their first 5 albums (Black Album is quite good imo).

Edited by LCG

Maiden's my favorite band of all time...so Maiden it is! Comparing them to Metallica is a fucking joke. Maiden have made 12 amazing albums (X Factor and Virtual XI were very bleh IMO), where as Metallica died when Cliff died.

Piece Of Mind and Powerslave are fucking mindblowing! rock3

Guest knerken

Can't decide

They have both several good albums (Kill 'em All, Ride The Lightning by Metallica - Killers, Somewhere In Time by Maiden) and a bunch of crap albums (Everything both bands have made since since Black Album and Fear Of The Dark). Null vote

But I would rather go to a Metallica show than a Maiden show.

Can't decide

They have both several good albums (Kill 'em All, Ride The Lightning by Metallica - Killers, Somewhere In Time by Maiden) and a bunch of crap albums (Everything both bands have made since since Black Album and Fear Of The Dark). Null vote

But I would rather go to a Metallica show than a Maiden show.

Same.

Like 'em both. I own 8 Metallica albums and 8 Maiden albums, so they are both some of my favourite bands. But I will go with Iron Maiden. All of their albums are good or awesome (well Number Of The Beast, maybe isn't that good, but anyway), but Metallica has some weak albums, I mean St. Anger for example. But they also have kick-ass albums like Master Of Puppets. But in the end I like Maiden slightly more, Bruce Dickinson is the better singer, and I just like their songs a bit more. ;)

The number of the beast is an amazing album!

It has never crossed my mind before that it is underrated too. I mean if there are people that think of it as a weak album... :huh:

I think it is by far the worst of the 8 Maiden albums I own. Hallowed Be Thy Name and Children Of The Damned are the only outstanding songs. Most of it is just average and songs like Prisoner, or Invader are really not good. I don't think this album is that good and it's way overrated.