Maiden or Metallica?

kevdo242

Maiden or Metallica?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Maiden. Maiden has done atleast 30 good songs. Metallica has done around 10

Btw, Metallica and kiss are most overated in all time!

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

Metallica.

Something I've noticed is that you're almost forced to say you like Maiden, same can be said for Slayer (No I am not a closet CKY fan *BA DOOM CHSH*). I respect what they've done and their musicianship but the majority of their songs have never interested me. Just my taste I guess.

Monty

Metallica.

Something I've noticed is that you're almost forced to say you like Maiden, same can be said for Slayer (No I am not a closet CKY fan *BA DOOM CHSH*). I respect what they've done and their musicianship but the majority of their songs have never interested me. Just my taste I guess.

Monty

explain

Can't decide

They have both several good albums (Kill 'em All, Ride The Lightning by Metallica - Killers, Somewhere In Time by Maiden) and a bunch of crap albums (Everything both bands have made since since Black Album and Fear Of The Dark). Null vote

But I would rather go to a Metallica show than a Maiden show.

You must be deaf to say Brave New World, Dance Of Death and A Matter Of Life And Death are shit albums. AMOLAD is the best Maiden album since Pice Of Mind!

Iron Maiden for me, my best band!

Seventh Son is a great album. Maiden are one of the few bands that has made so many successful albums and hasn't ever had a gap in it's discography. Neither has ever released a crappy album.

I love maiden's music, and everyone in the band is awsome (I must admit though that J.Gers is my least favourite).

Bruce Dickinson is absolutely fucking awsome singer and frontman and he has also written some great songs.

Adrian Smith is one of my favorite guitarists.

And well Steve Harris ... rock3

I like Metallica very much but I'm a Maiden fan!

Agreed. Maiden are fucking AWSOME, and they put on one fucking amazing show in RIR 01. they are alot like GNR as well, since they have actually had 17 or 18 members.

Iron Maiden for me, my best band!

Seventh Son is a great album. Maiden are one of the few bands that has made so many successful albums and hasn't ever had a gap in it's discography. Neither has ever released a crappy album.

I love maiden's music, and everyone in the band is awsome (I must admit though that J.Gers is my least favourite).

Bruce Dickinson is absolutely fucking awsome singer and frontman and he has also written some great songs.

Adrian Smith is one of my favorite guitarists.

And well Steve Harris ... rock3

I like Metallica very much but I'm a Maiden fan!

Agreed. Maiden are fucking AWSOME, and they put on one fucking amazing show in RIR 01. they are alot like GNR as well, since they have actually had 17 or 18 members.

I can't say they are like GnR and especially on the members part. Since Nicko McBrain joined Maiden in 1983 the band has only added Janick Gers on 1993 (and Blaze for a short while).

So they appear to be quite stable and that's another thing I like cos they are so bonded!

I've seen them live 5 times and you could feel that!

That period without Bruce and Smith broke my heart though. I still remember the days when I heard the happy news finally!!!! :D

UP THE IRONS!!!! or as AMOLAD says... COME ON YOU IRONS!!!

Edited by rQueen

I like both..I respect what Maiden have done, they are a great heavy Metal band..But i'll vote for Metallica i love them, i can relate more with their music. rock1

Frantic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tock?

Hell yes!!!! rock3

My lifestyle determines my deathstyle

Frantic tick tick tick tick tick tick tock!!!! rock1

Lars drums there are insane, ahhh i wanna listen Metallica now.

I like both..I respect what Maiden have done, they are a great heavy Metal band..But i'll vote for Metallica i love them, i can relate more with their music. rock1

Hell yes!!!! rock3

Yeah I can't realy understand why people don't like that song?

it ROCKS rock3

Hell yes!!!! rock3

it ROCKS rock3

People don't like it because they don't understand it.

If more people would actually stop whining and listen to St. Anger, they would see that it's actually a really good album.

Anyway, my vote goes to Metallica. rock1

The number of the beast is an amazing album!

It has never crossed my mind before that it is underrated too. I mean if there are people that think of it as a weak album... :huh:

I think it is by far the worst of the 8 Maiden albums I own. Hallowed Be Thy Name and Children Of The Damned are the only outstanding songs. Most of it is just average and songs like Prisoner, or Invader are really not good. I don't think this album is that good and it's way overrated.

dude it's the best maiden album and a fucking classic!

Hallowed Be Thy Name is the best maiden song and Prisoner ROCKS rock3

Hell yes!!!! rock3

it ROCKS rock3

If more people would actually stop whining and listen to St. Anger, they would see that it's actually a really good album.

Yeah it's a good album :D

the only bad thing is that there is no solos and the drum sound is kinda bad :unsure:

but it still rocks rock3

The number of the beast is an amazing album!

It has never crossed my mind before that it is underrated too. I mean if there are people that think of it as a weak album... :huh:

I think it is by far the worst of the 8 Maiden albums I own. Hallowed Be Thy Name and Children Of The Damned are the only outstanding songs. Most of it is just average and songs like Prisoner, or Invader are really not good. I don't think this album is that good and it's way overrated.

dude it's the best maiden album and a fucking classic!

Hallowed Be Thy Name is the best maiden song and Prisoner ROCKS rock3

Hell yes!!!! rock3

it ROCKS rock3

the only bad thing is that there is no solos and the drum sound is kinda bad :unsure:

but it still rocks rock3

The Prisoner is an absolutely fantastic song, one of my favourites by Iron Maiden. Children of the Damned is also absolutely exceptional.

Frantic :(

Metallica.

Monty

explain

If you're getting into metal or even just discussing metal bands, alot of people expect you to love Maiden. Well alot of people I talk to have the same reaction when I say I don't care for Maiden. I respect what they've done and I don't go about 'bashing' them, I'm just not fussed by them ;). Do you get me?

Monty

Something I've noticed is that you're almost forced to say you like Maiden

I get exactly what you mean.

After listening to Metallica and Maiden all day today...I shall say Metallica. I get tired of Maiden after about 3 albums, but could listen to 'tallica all day long :).

Something I've noticed is that you're almost forced to say you like Maiden

I get exactly what you mean.

After listening to Metallica and Maiden all day today...I shall say Metallica. I get tired of Maiden after about 3 albums, but could listen to 'tallica all day long :).

For me it's exactly a bit vice versa. As I stated before, I love both of them, but I listened yesterday to ...And Justice For All. I really like it until like the fourth song. Then it started to bore me (okay, this is with St. Anger my least favourite Metallica album) a bit, because the songs really sound similar.

Hell yes!!!! rock3

it ROCKS rock3

but it still rocks rock3

Yes,the only thing that i didn't like from St. Anger is the absence of solos, but it's a pretty good album i think when it was release people were expecting another Black album so that's why they felt disappointed.. But to me is great even without Jason. :(

Yes,the only thing that i didn't like from St. Anger is the absence of solos, but it's a pretty good album i think when it was release people were expecting another Black album so that's why they felt disappointed.. But to me is great even without Jason. :(

I don't know... I think Bob Rock did a pretty good job on the bass. But the next album... I can't wait to see what Trujillo is going to contribute! rock1