Bon Jovi, The Police among artists in Live Earth concert

december pain

4/10/2007, 12:27 p.m. EDT

The Associated Press

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — The final segment of a global concert will be held at Giants Stadium and will include New Jersey rockers Bon Jovi, as well as The Police, Kanye West and American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson, organizers said Tuesday.

Among other acts to perform live at the stadium July 7 are Alicia Keys, the Dave Matthews Band, Fall Out Boy, Ludacris, John Mayer, Mellisa Etheridge, Rihanna and Smashing Pumpkins.

Tickets for the show go on sale 10 a.m. EDT Monday. Prices have not yet been determined, said a spokesman for the organizers, David Cirilli.

The concert — on 7/7/07 — will begin in Sydney, Australia, and continue across all seven continents, concluding with the show at New Jersey's Meadowlands Sports Complex.

"Capping Live Earth with a blockbuster show like this will ensure we meet our challenge of building a mass audience to combat global warming," Live Earth founder and executive producer Kevin Wall said in a statement. "Live Earth will be a monumental event both in terms of entertainment and in turning the tide against global warming."

The concerts will be broadcast by more than 120 networks around the world, and streamed live online.

Other shows will take place in Shanghai, China; Johannesburg, South Africa; Sydney, Australia; Tokyo; and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Organizers have also promised an event in Antarctica.

Promoters hope the concerts will reach an audience of 2 billion people. Proceeds will create a foundation to combat climate change led by The Alliance for Climate Protection, which is chaired by former Vice President Al Gore.

Source

Live Earth Website

Sounds awesome... wish i could go but I'll be away then...

4/10/2007, 12:27 p.m. EDT

The Associated Press

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — The final segment of a global concert will be held at Giants Stadium and will include New Jersey rockers Bon Jovi, as well as The Police, Kanye West and American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson, organizers said Tuesday.

Among other acts to perform live at the stadium July 7 are Alicia Keys, the Dave Matthews Band, Fall Out Boy, Ludacris, John Mayer, Mellisa Etheridge, Rihanna and Smashing Pumpkins.

Tickets for the show go on sale 10 a.m. EDT Monday. Prices have not yet been determined, said a spokesman for the organizers, David Cirilli.

The concert — on 7/7/07 — will begin in Sydney, Australia, and continue across all seven continents, concluding with the show at New Jersey's Meadowlands Sports Complex.

"Capping Live Earth with a blockbuster show like this will ensure we meet our challenge of building a mass audience to combat global warming," Live Earth founder and executive producer Kevin Wall said in a statement. "Live Earth will be a monumental event both in terms of entertainment and in turning the tide against global warming."

The concerts will be broadcast by more than 120 networks around the world, and streamed live online.

Other shows will take place in Shanghai, China; Johannesburg, South Africa; Sydney, Australia; Tokyo; and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Organizers have also promised an event in Antarctica.

Promoters hope the concerts will reach an audience of 2 billion people. Proceeds will create a foundation to combat climate change led by The Alliance for Climate Protection, which is chaired by former Vice President Al Gore.

Source

Live Earth Website

Sounds awesome... wish i could go but I'll be away then...

Hell yeah Metallica will be there too.

Hell yeah Metallica will be there too.

Not from what I heard. Although they are playing at Wembley the next day. They're not listed on the official website.

How much pollution will the concert make!

They're using 'low voltage' lighting etc. although even still, it'll probably create a lot pollution -_-

I'm not sure what to think about this. I reckon it's more of an ego-trip for some of these people, if anything else... maybe I'm wrong :question:

Edited by LCG

Live Earth eh? What a load of shit.

No doubt it will be packed, sell out gigs with teenagers waving "save the earth" banners.

Save it from what? The Sun? Volcanic gases? Animals farting?

Imagine all the bullshit propoganda the artists will spill on stage, throwing out facts and figures of how much we are damaging the earth. There will be about as much truth and worthyness in it as Al Gores crappy film had.